Moonwalk 2012

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Gemma
Warrior
Location: Rescued from the English, abandoned in frozen North

Moonwalk 2012

Post by Gemma »

The Olympics is not the only big sporting event being held in London this summer!!

What: London Moonwalk
Where: London city centre, kicking off from Hyde Park
When: Saturday May 12th
Why: The charity's aim is to raise money for breast cancer causes. This is the charity's 15th year, and each year they raise approximately £9-10million.
Who: ME! I will be taking part in my second full-moon walk, in the lovely company of my Mum and a good friend.

It is a fantastic and emotional experience, and I would dearly love to raise as much money as possible for an extremely worthwhile cause. If anyone is able to spare even a pound to help me achieve my target of £250, I (and others) would greatly appreciate it. The online link for donations is:-

http://www.walkthewalkfundraising.org/Gemma_Craig_1186

If anyone would like more information about the walk and/or the charity:

http://www.walkthewalk.org/Challenges/TheMoonWalkLondon

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and for any donations :thumleft:
Gemma
Warrior

Re: Moonwalk 2012

Post by Gemma »

In case anyone's still interested, the big walk is tonight!! Still time to sponsor me - the money goes to a fantastic cause :)
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

Just to let folks know that in five weeks time I'll be taking part in my 4th Moonwalk event (my third marathon - yes, it's a full 26.2 miles!) and if anyone would like to sponsor me every penny would be greatly appreciated. If I reach my target for 2014 I will have raised £1000 for these charities over the past five years, something I will be extremely proud of.

The link for online donations is below - if there are any terrace dwellers who would like to contribute the old fashioned way I will bring along a sponsorship form to the next few games. Here's hoping for good spirits tomorrow ;)

https://moonwalklondon2014.everydayhero.com/uk/gemma-27

:fleg:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

:shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man :shock: >Off_Topic_Man >jawdrop >Off_Topic_Man
Can we talk about this some other time? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

:scratch: Off topic? Is there something else we should be talking about? >EW
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gemma wrote::scratch: Off topic? Is there something else we should be talking about? >EW
Jeepers woman you're going to a place where you cannot be protected.......Retract at once.
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

........you may have a point.

In my defence, I was teaching a friend who's a Ravenhill newbie about the game and the important rules of Ravenhill, in preparation for her first game tomorrow. Does this get me brownie points? :)
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Gemma wrote:........you may have a point.

In my defence, I was teaching a friend who's a Ravenhill newbie about the game and the important rules of Ravenhill, in preparation for her first game tomorrow. Does this get me brownie points? :)
Depends on the quality of her baking really...........If her tray bakes are crap, you'll get the blame. You did explain the 2BC tariff, didn't you?
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

Sadly she's attending with work and will be on the far side of the pitch....and I may have forgotten to make anything for tomorrow... :shock:
OnTheWestCarbuncle
Novice

Post by OnTheWestCarbuncle »

Gemma wrote:Sadly she's attending with work and will be on the far side of the pitch....and I may have forgotten to make anything for tomorrow... :shock:
Don't worry kiddo we are over on yon side and will happily take her into the fold of the Prom dwellers. Brief description of her including any distinguishing features or hats/ clothing she intends to adorn herself with.
SUFTU
Cables
Ulster Rugby statistician and corrector of journalists / programme editors / CEOs (Moondance2012)
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

OnTheWestCarbuncle wrote:
Gemma wrote:Sadly she's attending with work and will be on the far side of the pitch....and I may have forgotten to make anything for tomorrow... :shock:
Don't worry kiddo we are over on yon side and will happily take her into the fold of the Prom dwellers. Brief description of her including any distinguishing features or hats/ clothing she intends to adorn herself with.
Do you know HWM?
OnTheWestCarbuncle
Novice

Post by OnTheWestCarbuncle »

Only by reputation. Was there something I said which struck a similar cord?
SUFTU
Cables
Ulster Rugby statistician and corrector of journalists / programme editors / CEOs (Moondance2012)
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Gemma wrote:........you may have a point.

How the ># can you condone a newbie coming to this as her first match? >threaten

More deserving regulars still looking for tickets ....... she better be a good baker and bring plenty and send it over to keep us nourished for the full 80 :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Gemma
Warrior

Post by Gemma »

Still accepting donations if anyone is feeling generous (thanks to those who already have) - only nine days to go!!
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

very worthwhile Gemma, good luck, I hope you meet and surpass your target..

C'mon guys, dig deep, lets push Gemma past the posts and beyond!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!