Under 20's

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

RuPi
Initiate

Under 20's

Post by RuPi »

After the embarrassment of the schools mid week it was great to see the U20's beat Leinster tonight, 24-16.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Re: Under 20's

Post by Nightsoil »

Who got the tries, who played well?

Cravking result, well done to them.
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

Have you watched Olding before LK?
Hear he can be more than reliable with the
boot? Given time and patience...a prospect?
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Is Olding predominantly a 10 or 15? I think he was 15 for Ireland U20s when he played.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

He seemed to pop up everywhere for the U20s - sure he played 13 and wing too - but think him playing out there might have had more to do with Paddy Jackson (and Cathal Marsh) than where he's seen long term. Personally what I've seen of the lad from various Ireland under-age performances on the tv says he's definitely a prospect.

Cheers LKotP - very encouraging to hear everyone played a part - don't suppose you could dig out your programme to give us the team at some point?

edit: Nevermind - Irish times have it up.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 41133.html

ULSTER : R Scholes; R Adair, R Martin, C Farrell, D Busby; S Olding, J Creighton; J Caulfield, J Andrew, C Taylor, J Donnan, G Bartley, C Joyce, M Clarke, B Alexander. Replacements : , M Rea for Bartley (42 mins), M Best for Scholes (65 mins), S McNabney for Taylor ( 67 mins), S Hooks for Clarke (77 mins).
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Great result, obviously vital that we have prospects coming through year in year out that can earn full time contracts and to beat Leinster is very heartening. Sorry I know little about underage rugby but is M Best Mark Best who played in the Schools Cup Final at 6, now playing in the backs?
jamsodonnell
Novice

Post by jamsodonnell »

If any of Ulster Schools boys who were heavily defeated by Leinster Schools last Wednesday are reading this , take some consolation from the fact that the U 20's win last night follows on from them being beaten by Leinster at U 19 level last year by 33-6. All is not lost and can be retrieved with hard work.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

is M Best Mark Best who played in the Schools Cup Final at 6, now playing in the backs?
Yes that's him.