It's Twickenham

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Re: It's Twickenham

Post by Amiga500 »

BR wrote:Made that mistake at the final last year. Ended up hiring a car. If you stay in city centre, it may be doable, but getting into town for an early connection may be a problem. There is a 24 cafe, near the city where you get the airport connection where you spend an hour or two.
Out at Hounslow travel lodge, so motorway isn't far away. Should be quick going at that time on a Sunday morning... (ye'd think)
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Amiga500 wrote:
Out at Hounslow travel lodge, so motorway isn't far away. Should be quick going at that time on a Sunday morning... (ye'd think)
That's out at LHR isn't it? Should be less than 1 hr 1/2 at that time I'd have thought. Round the M25, but take my advice and go clockwise ;) If you're intending to drive anyway, you can set your own time, it's when you're relying on pleblic transport that the problems start. Although since you're out at LHR, there may be one of those airport link busses that would be running at that time of day.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Hopefully Holywoodmike will be able to assist.

Twickenham last year with him was a good laugh! (even if the result wasn't!)
Follow me on Twitter
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

29xThePain wrote:Hopefully Holywoodmike will be able to assist.

Set your sights higher son
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bangorboy wrote: There must be a massive Ulster diaspora over there who would fancy a day out at English rugby HQ?
Fixed, don't believe every bit of hype the Sassenachs throw your way :roll: RFU my Brennan they're the ERFU and time they realised it - hateful barstewards :twisted:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Exileinciderland
Novice

Post by Exileinciderland »

There must be a massive Ulster diaspora over there who would fancy a day out at rugby HQ?
Given the amount of us who travelled from the West Country for last year's final, there should be a few from down here. I'm looking two definite tickets and possibly four more if I can get the brother and his young lad to fly over and talk two mates here into donning an old UR jersey.
Only managed two of the four Welsh games this year (Hairsprays and Blues), shame I was working on the other dates, and I haven't managed to get home at all except for a funeral on the day of the Scarlets match at Ravers. Closest I got was the wake at La Mon when we were all running round in suits and black ties with the Scarlets lounging round the foyer in tshirts and trackie bottoms.
Might as well go for the safe option and register on the Sarries Website.
The Grubby Middle Finger of North Down salutes you!
29xThePain
Squire

Post by 29xThePain »

Kofi Annan wrote:
29xThePain wrote:Hopefully Holywoodmike will be able to assist.

Set your sights higher son
That is as high as I can go!
Follow me on Twitter
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Read this

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... enham.html

In the Telegraph yesterday and see that they reckon if it is a sell out then Sarries get £1 mill. They are quoting the financial breakdown after costs as 65% to the home side and obviously 35% to the away team. I for some reason was convinced it was a 50:50 split but, I assume that I am wrong. However, even at that I am sure if it is a sell out then the Ulster branch will be delighted with £540k. Considerably more that we would probably have made at Ravenhill, which I would have thought may have brought us in half of that amount at best.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Pimpmac wrote:They are quoting the financial breakdown after costs as 65% to the home side and obviously 35% to the away team. I for some reason was convinced it was a 50:50 split but, I assume that I am wrong.
I think they can keep 65% by moving it to a larger venue and having a larger attendance - so long as the 35% the visiting team gets is at least equal to the 50% they would have received had the match stayed at the smaller venue.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

I'm going to be abroad for this one, so need to find out how to watch Skygo on an Android tablet.

Anyone any experience of this? Do these VPN things work on tablets or do you need a PC?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

You need to check if Sky Go is supported on your tablet - see the following links for more info.
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go-on-A ... d-p/831880
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Go/Sky- ... a-p/690532

If it is supported, I don't know if Sky Go does geographic blocking if you are abroad. BBC iPlayer and RTE Player definitely do geo blocking and to get around this, I have used a service called http://www.overplay.net

This is a paid for service, however you can sign up for a month, then cancel so you only pay a month. You only need the SmartDNS service to watch video ($4.95), not the full VPN service.

There are free services around, but overplay has always worked for me while I have found the free services very dodgy and unreliable.

Overplay works on pretty well every type of device - PC, Mac, smartphones, tablets, games consoles...
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

thanks Mike, I already have Skygo installed so know it works. I'm pretty sure its blocked when accessing from abroad. I can live with paying a couple of dollars to make sure I have access in case I cant find a suitable watering hole to oblige with the programming.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

ColinM wrote:I'm going to be abroad for this one, so need to find out how to watch Skygo on an Android tablet.
I'm going to be abroad too - some wee backwater near Richmond :cheers:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I considered being a broad for this one, but decided I normally have plenty of fun being a bloke.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Pimpmac wrote:They are quoting the financial breakdown after costs as 65% to the home side and obviously 35% to the away team. I for some reason was convinced it was a 50:50 split but, I assume that I am wrong.
I think they can keep 65% by moving it to a larger venue and having a larger attendance - so long as the 35% the visiting team gets is at least equal to the 50% they would have received had the match stayed at the smaller venue.
How do you know all this stuff? :lol:

The ERC get all the spondoolicks from the semis and finals, right?

So far we've got "home advantage" reduced to "home country advantage" so we're already winning the phoney war. SUFTUM :red: :fleg:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall