TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:He's out of favour with Ireland with Bowe, Zebo, Gilroy, Fitzgerald and Earls ahead of him.
He will be out of favour for Ulster behind Bowe and Gilroy, with young fellas on the rise.
Why wouldn’t he take a big money move if it is available to him.
Chance to be the most capped Ulster player.

Not convinced he will be out of favour at Ulster just because Gilroy playing ahead of him under Kidney.

Worst thing to happen at Ulster is players thinking they will be guaranteed their place. MA will not let that happen with what I have witnessed of him.
fair points, should have said may be out of favour.
However, if Gilroy is playing for Ireland he may be pushed ahead of Trimble by DK or who ever replaces him. It's likely to be a rotation system, but will Gilroy get the big games?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:Didn't want to read this 'rumour' today, it's been a bad enough weekend.

Tommy Bowe walked when things weren't working out internationally for him (amongst other things obviously) so I can't say I would blame Trimby either tbh.

I hope it's BS.
It appeared on Midi Olympique! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stade Francais. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this time of year. :lol:
Midi Ol is usually very accurate. It doesn't always wait for confirmation before running a story, but there's usually truth in there. Now since it's renegotation time, it could be that a player or agent is saying stuff to better their position and midi ol is simply reporting that.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

nonplussed wrote:S'all horlix I reckon. But what about the talk that Andy Average may join us to solidify our OH options
Who's Andy Average?

In all honesty, if Olding keeps playing the way he is, I don't think we need to worry too much over 10. I'm all for bringing in an older experienced guy for Rabo matches like last Friday, but Jacko and Olding are our future, no doubt.

I'm more confused why we're looking another hooker when we have Best, Herring and Annett already.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
ardsrugbyards
Initiate

Post by ardsrugbyards »

Olding does look the real deal, jackson could find himself 2nd choice OH in a couple of seasons.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

If any one of Trimble, Wallace or Ferris leaves Ulster for another club this year I will eat my shirt, and I don't like eating shirts
Take a chill pill the lot of you and stop reading mucky French papers and websites.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ruckover wrote:
nonplussed wrote:S'all horlix I reckon. But what about the talk that Andy Average may join us to solidify our OH options
Who's Andy Average?

In all honesty, if Olding keeps playing the way he is, I don't think we need to worry too much over 10. I'm all for bringing in an older experienced guy for Rabo matches like last Friday, but Jacko and Olding are our future, no doubt.
Tevez made a point a while back that will bolster the 10 position.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Rooster wrote:If any one of Trimble, Wallace or Ferris leaves Ulster for another club this year I will eat my shirt, and I don't like eating shirts
Take a chill pill the lot of you and stop reading mucky French papers and websites.
+1

Calm the jets people.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Is Andy average, Andy Goode?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Big-al wrote:Is Andy average, Andy Goode?
Unless we're losing an NIQ then no.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

kingofthehill wrote:
Rooster wrote:If any one of Trimble, Wallace or Ferris leaves Ulster for another club this year I will eat my shirt, and I don't like eating shirts
+1

Calm the jets people.
Sure it's good oul craic to debate cobblers. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wow he must have hated life at Connacht as much as NOC.

Jersey oh well handy for France for holidays I suppose.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Wow he must have hated life at Connacht as much as NOC.

Jersey oh well handy for France for holidays I suppose.

Nice weather, nice beaches, fantastic scenery, no VAT, income tax is 20% AFTER you've paid your mortgage, earn in GBPs, English speaking.

Beats Galway!
handoff
Novice

Post by handoff »

Trimble is in the process of signing a new two year contract extension :) i think that he should still start ahead of gilroy, when bowe is back that is. Gilroy will be very good coming off the bench imo.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

handoff wrote:Trimble is in the process of signing a new two year contract extension :) i think that he should still start ahead of gilroy, when bowe is back that is. Gilroy will be very good coming off the bench imo.
Really,in the process???

Excellent news if true!!
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
handoff wrote:Trimble is in the process of signing a new two year contract extension :) i think that he should still start ahead of gilroy, when bowe is back that is. Gilroy will be very good coming off the bench imo.
Really,in the process???

Excellent news if true!!
Indeed. :thumleft:
Sounds like he is not Racing off to Stade up in France then :cheers:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best