AIL FIXTURES

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tighty
Initiate

Re: AIL FIXTURES

Post by Tighty »

Kofi Annan wrote:
gannonman wrote:Gilroy didn't play last year. Jacko did play some of it definitely. Duhig was a massive loss. Our lineout is currently a shambles at the moment. Birch, Mcmahon and McCloskey will make breaks and nobody has a clue what to do after. Until the last 10 minutes on Saturday we were appalling. We could have won that game if we played half decent throughout the match but we simply don't have the players to compete effectively in this league. We don't have an adequate pair of half backs (although Bates isn't too bad), our hooker can't throw, and our backs are nowhere near the threat of last season. Last year we had a wonderful kicker in Lawton, line breakers and try scorers in Cochrane, Nelson, McKenzie and a very good hooker in Duhig.
Surprised the line out is a shambles, tbh, Yep Walton could kick but was lacking in moral fibre. I reckon if Dungannon lose McCloskey they are fecked, read the match report on Hinch last week , I see Walton was not kicking ? Terrible to say but I see Ballymena going down and Gannon staying up to struggle again . I hear its not just the 1sts that are in disarray but other teams are woeful.

Whats moral fibre - what ever that is - got to do with rugby ?

for fibre I prefer All Bran myself!!
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Dungannon look like they may save themselves but things are looking bleak for Ballymena be interesting to see how hinch react to their loss whilst harlequins are struggling without their ulster players. Banbridge have failed off in 2b whilst Queens look like they will have enough to stay up after a poor start. Rainey look certain for promotion whilst Ards are once again still in a dog fight.
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Mulligan reporting that John Andrews has been released from his contract at Ballymena, a big call at this stage of the season, wonder who they will find at this stage of the season?
Tighty
Initiate

Post by Tighty »

RuPi wrote:Mulligan reporting that John Andrews has been released from his contract at Ballymena, a big call at this stage of the season, wonder who they will find at this stage of the season?

If true, it will be intersting to see how the team play against Ballynahinch tomorrow. In the round ball game , a change of manager/coach often results in the team playing better and with more spirit in the immediate aftermath of a new appoinment.
dublane
Novice

Post by dublane »

By all accounts it's true, a big decision at this stage
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

If true, it will be intersting to see how the team play against Ballynahinch tomorrow. In the round ball game , a change of manager/coach often results in the team playing better and with more spirit in the immediate aftermath of a new appoinment.[/quote]

Yeah, left on Friday. Had a year or two left on his contract and was given a hugh pay off. Wont be suprised if they go for Rainey's joint head coach, Richard Boyd. Ballymena boy with alot of connections to young and upcoming players in the Coleraine, Magherafelt and Ballymena areas.
troupe86
Novice

Post by troupe86 »

Tighty wrote: If true, it will be intersting to see how the team play against Ballynahinch tomorrow. In the round ball game , a change of manager/coach often results in the team playing better and with more spirit in the immediate aftermath of a new appoinment.

Well, they lost 66-5 to Ballynahinch yesterday.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

troupe86 wrote:
Tighty wrote: If true, it will be intersting to see how the team play against Ballynahinch tomorrow. In the round ball game , a change of manager/coach often results in the team playing better and with more spirit in the immediate aftermath of a new appoinment.

Well, they lost 66-5 to Ballynahinch yesterday.
That's an improvement then !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
midulsterrugby
Novice

Post by midulsterrugby »

Anybody know how all the Dungannon senior sides did today?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

midulsterrugby wrote:Anybody know how all the Dungannon senior sides did today?
That sounds like a question were you know the answer, but if that rocks you, :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

85 I think
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Both Dungannon and Ballymena have had a rough fortnight , but for any team to ship 70 or 80 points says that there Is more than just a coaching or player issue, both clubs are Ulster clubs and need help to sort out their problems , I see Banbridge also had 50 plus points put on them. Not great day for club rugby in the province.
. Ards still fail to get of the bottom two even if they put themselves annually in debt with their southern mercenaries .
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Heard mena couldnt field a third team when the twos didnt even have a fixture doesnt sound too hot
gannonman
Steward

Post by gannonman »

Wasn't there yesterday praise the Lord! Team was no different to the previous weeks either so I haven't a clue what happened and quite frankly do not want to know.
When life gives you lemons - take them because hey... it's free lemons.
Moiraman
Novice

Post by Moiraman »

Missed Dungannon's game also due to a funeral and when I heard final score I was flabbergasted. UCD must be good but to ship 86 points at home is beyond embarassing. If Dungannon survive relegation it will be a miracle. Game vs Ballymena in 2 weeks time is still important but could yet be irrelevant as both sides are probably favourites for the drop.