Aviva all the way baby!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Moiraman
Novice

Re: Aviva all the way baby!

Post by Moiraman »

Jackie Brown wrote:
Moiraman wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Well we now live in the 21st Century and I would be worried if Ulster Rugby had any comment to make on the matter.

Fair enough there is a strong Christian ethos in the squad but religion shouldn't come into it as far as the professional organisation that is UR are concerned.

I can't see it affecting travelling support, outside the small pool of vocal nut jobs I would say the vast majority of Ulster society wouldn't be regular church goers.
I am an avid Ulster rugby supporter but cannot get to this match if Ulster make it through due to it being on a Sunday. I am not a vocal nut job I can assure you.
Due to religious beliefs? That's your problem, not Ulster Rugby's or the ERC.
Notice I said I cannot get to this match. My work or rather my calling means I will be leading worship on that day.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Moiraman wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Moiraman wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Well we now live in the 21st Century and I would be worried if Ulster Rugby had any comment to make on the matter.

Fair enough there is a strong Christian ethos in the squad but religion shouldn't come into it as far as the professional organisation that is UR are concerned.

I can't see it affecting travelling support, outside the small pool of vocal nut jobs I would say the vast majority of Ulster society wouldn't be regular church goers.
I am an avid Ulster rugby supporter but cannot get to this match if Ulster make it through due to it being on a Sunday. I am not a vocal nut job I can assure you.
Due to religious beliefs? That's your problem, not Ulster Rugby's or the ERC.
Notice I said I cannot get to this match. My work or rather my calling means I will be leading worship on that day.
Bus them to Lansdowne for the day. Could be a spiritual experience!
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Moiraman wrote:Notice I said I cannot get to this match. My work or rather my calling means I will be leading worship on that day.
No chance of a pulpit swap that day Moiraman? Just as an example, mind, say with a minister from Dublin? :D

Must admit, that if we get past Sarries, I will be investigating places of worship in Dub, same as I did last year in Limerick. I appreciate that for all, that may not be possible, or maybe even meet with their conscience. :salut:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Moiraman wrote:Notice I said I cannot get to this match. My work or rather my calling means I will be leading worship on that day.
No chance of a pulpit swap that day Moiraman? Just as an example, mind, say with a minister from Dublin? :D

Must admit, that if we get past Sarries, I will be investigating places of worship in Dub, same as I did last year in Limerick. I appreciate that for all, that may not be possible, or maybe even meet with their conscience. :salut:
Just a thought, can we gather by the Dodder
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
DirtyRucker
Novice

Post by DirtyRucker »

Jesus Christ! What century do some people think it is?! Playing the game on a Sunday is a ballache but only because it's hard to go on rip with work the next day. People's religious views should never creep into the decision making process! :bowdown: >sniper
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

DirtyRucker wrote:Jesus Christ! What century do some people think it is?! Playing the game on a Sunday is a ballache but only because it's hard to go on rip with work the next day. People's religious views should never creep into the decision making process! :bowdown: >sniper
Incoming :?
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dirty you seem surprised that people would consider someone else's views a whole 13 years* into the C21. Maybe you are too young to remember the late C20 when many of us not only had our views ignored, but had others' imposed on us. Considering other people's views without compromising our own is in fact the major progress of this century.

I'm just hoping to be faced with a dilemma that Sunday.

*yes, I know
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Kofi Annan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:

Just a thought, can we gather by the Dodder
(water) course you can - or the Lagan, Thames or even the Amazon if you so desire.

Anything else would be de-Nile of your rights >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Think of the seventh day adventists and the Jews, Sunday probably handier for them, also happens to suit me better and afternoon ko I could go to church and still be at the match.
Never going to suit everyone so actually a good job that ERC and Sky sort the timings
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Kofi Annan wrote:
DirtyRucker wrote:Jesus Christ! What century do some people think it is?! Playing the game on a Sunday is a ballache but only because it's hard to go on rip with work the next day. People's religious views should never creep into the decision making process! :bowdown: >sniper
Incoming :?
Lol :)
LeinsterLad
Novice

Post by LeinsterLad »

This thread fascinates me! Never would have thought this would be an issue in this day and age! Not in a disrespectful manner, just gob smacked that this is a consideration!

Well, for what it's worth, if you're just a straight up Christian then you're going to be excited, as we've loads of churches around Dublin! If you're a Catholic only kind of guy/gal, you're in luck, as nearly all of those churches are catholic, if you're protestant only, I know there are a handfull of protestant churches around Dublin, and I would assume a number of them would hold Sunday mass, so it's not like you're heading over to a muslim country or something where you wont be able to go to mass, we have all that stuff down here too. ;)
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

LeinsterLad wrote:there are a handfull of protestant churches around Dublin, and I would assume a number of them would hold Sunday mass
:shock:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

big mervyn wrote:
LeinsterLad wrote:there are a handfull of protestant churches around Dublin, and I would assume a number of them would hold Sunday mass
:shock:
NEVER NEVER NEVER
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Moiraman wrote:
You'll need to stay with your flock Moiraman. They couldn't possibly worship by themselves.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?