Ulster v Leinster Final.Live Updates.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Leinster Final.Live Updates.

Post by rumncoke »

Basically when a ref penalises you 3 times at the ruck in the first 4 mins your play at the breakdown will be s--t for the rest of the game because you know you can't compete without giving away a penalty.

I always thought it was going to hard with a Munster ref .

That said Leinster's defence was good .

Hindsight is a wonderful thing and 9 times out of ten Diack would have scored doing what he did the mistake wasn't his it was down to a good defence that he didn't score.

I personally think the Paddy Jackson incident should have been a penalty try not for the high neck take but for the deliberate offside at the ruck afterwards stopping the re cycle the Ulster backs were ready for the ball.

Two or three things stand out in the game REF WISE
1/Ulster going for the Leinster line and a penalty is quickly awarded to Leinster to take the pressure off.
2/Afoa being clearly held by a Leinster player lying on the ground on the wrong side of the maul and BBj flailing to break loose and he then awards a penalty to Leinster SOON AFTERWARDS
3/ The Henderson breakdown near the end when he couldn't blow the whistle fast enough despite the fact Leinster were no near competing for the ball.

On the day Leinster had the better defence and the rub of the ref Ulster looked sharper at times but the magic moment of luck was missing.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Robbie Diack is a coward.

He ruined a try because he didn't want to get tackled scoring the fecking thing. Is it really that hard to fall on your Brennan and score a try? As I say a cowardly act, at a crucial point of the game.

Jackson had a stormer BTW.
bangorboy
Steward

Post by bangorboy »

Big-al wrote:Robbie Diack is a coward.

He ruined a try because he didn't want to get tackled scoring the fecking thing. Is it really that hard to fall on your ar$e and score a try? As I say a cowardly act, at a crucial point of the game.

Jackson had a stormer BTW.
Big Al is a Ashton.

Self explanatory really...
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Say what you want but he chickened out. He should be embarrassed.

Goodbye.
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Post by rosetintedgoggles »

Irish ref should never have been appointed for this game.

His Irish bias was evident from the start. Neither if the line judges were from Norn Iron.

Disgraceful and appalling from Lacey. Blind or cheating? Either way incompetent!

As for BOD? Well past his use by date. Ireland should get rid of him now and move on.

First time in RDS. Dreadful!
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What does Northern Ireland have to do with rugby?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

Last time I looked Ravenhill was in Belfast which was in Northern Ireland.

Perhaps I am wrong. If so happy to defer to your superior knowledge.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Technically you are, but Northern Ireland has nothign to do with rugby outside that. Rugby is an all Ireland entity and is divided into historically 4 of the 5 provinces of Ireland.

Why would a ref from Munster be biased more against Ulster than Leinster who in the past 10yrs have been their major rivals?

The ref allowed Leinster to play him, but he's not the first to fall foul of that and he wont be the last.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rosetintedgoggles
Novice

From my experience of working in the Republic of Ireland both Leinster and Munsterites view Notherners as Northern Barstewards!

That's why he might favour Leinster over Ulster.

Mind you messers Fitzmonkey and Clowncy supported him capably in that department.

All round disgraceful performances from the officials. There should be no doubt about bias only competence. The officials should have been picked from the other Pro 12 nations.
Meg The Lab
Novice

Post by Meg The Lab »

My take on the season now it is over is that it has been a failure. We played in two competitions and won nothing. We failed to win the Heineken Cup and we failed to win the RaboPro 12 final today. We didn't start the season by aiming to be beaten quarter finalists and beaten finalists, the objectives set out for the team this year was to win one or both competitions. We failed on both points. Johan stated in an earlier interview that you are judged on your ability to win trophies, that's what it is all about, winning. We won nothing. Another season ends with nothing to show for it

Anyway, now I've got that out of my system, let's draw a line under it and look forward to a new season in a new stadium. It was good to be there today SUFTUMing.
I've just swallowed a whole bag of scrabble squares. My next visit to the toilet could spell trouble.
remould
Novice

Post by remould »

12 months ago we were clearly second best to leinster in the HC. Today we could and really should have beaten them in the RDS while missing 5 front line players....progress ? For me yes.Ulster will be the best team in Ireland next season, well they possibly are already , and can really push for the HC . SUFTUM
King Ding
Squire

Post by King Ding »

rumncoke wrote: Hindsight is a wonderful thing and 9 times out of ten Diack would have scored doing what he did the mistake wasn't his it was down to a good defence that he didn't score.
Not blaming the loss on him, but you cant say that was down to good defending, all he had to do was fall over and he would have scored but he stepped inside, hell if he'd been shot by a sniper his body would have still flopped over the line to score, the cover defence was never making that, except for him stepping into them. Again we never know how the game would have went after that but it was incredibly poor from him.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Just watched Diack's non try. WTF was he thinking. Unforgivable. Worse than D'Arcy's knock on at MK stadium.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Jackie Brown wrote:What does Northern Ireland have to do with rugby?
Agreed. I thought rugby was a provincial nine county thing?
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

caledoniancelt wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:What does Northern Ireland have to do with rugby?
Agreed. I thought rugby was a provincial nine county thing?
It is. One of the common misconceptions amongst fans - Ulster is not a Northern Irish side, it is an Irish side based in Belfast which includes the six Northern Irish counties plus Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.