Northern Hemisphere Coach of the year award

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

tigerburnie
Warrior

Northern Hemisphere Coach of the year award

Post by tigerburnie »

Goes to.............................

Meanwhile, Cockerill has been awarded Rugby World magazine's northern hemisphere coach of the year award after guiding his side to a third title in five years. He beat Vern Cotter (Clermont), Rob Howley (Wales) and Joe Schmidt (Leinster) to the prize.

The world's biggest-selling magazine said of Cockerill: "He's bluff, has no airs and graces but, most importantly, he's a winner."

As I said on Babblingbrook, couldn't have gone to a nicer chap >EW
AndyB
Warrior Chief

Re: Northern Hemisphere Coach of the year award

Post by AndyB »

Cockerill might not be everyone's cup of tea but he is a winner that's for sure.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rugby World could never compete with the amount of money midi-ol is able to splash about.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Jesus, that is all.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well TB, I have to say I like Cockers. He seems a man to give credit where its due, I have often heard him simply say the oppo were the better team on the odd occasion Tigers are beaten. No Arsene Venger is Cockers, not a stranger to the truth.

Then again, awards from Magazines? Not remotely important.

One sure thing, it won't matter a tramps wet fart when your boys run out at Ravenhill , you may have a victory at Thomond Park but all you have at Ravenhill is 2 record ERC defeats.

Have a good summer, then get worried. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

All tongue in cheek boys an' girls, I knew you would like it....................................

Pre-season at Welford Road for you guys, then we start the real business, just hope we get our 6 Lions back in good shape. We have a Champions title to defend, but as this could be the last Heineken for English and possibly French sides, I expect we will be pushing harder this year for a final appearance at the sharp end(where ever it may be held).I am also determined to get over for the Ravers encounter if work allows.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

How in the blue hell do you have 6 Lions by the way?

You're tom kite
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Well Russ in Dan Cole we have one of the top tightheads in the world and Tom Youngs could be if he could just throw straight into the line out, that's what you get when you convert a centre into the front row.......
Geoff Parling is the top line out man in the 6 nations and took four steals for the Lions the other day and didn't play the full 80. Tom Croft is already a great Lion and has come back from a career/life threatening injury and is getting better with each game, a top try poacher with the pace of a three quarter.
Ben Youngs is the best scrum half in the 6 nations and has already impressed Gatland on this tour. Manu is without doubt the centre sides fear, takes two to stop him which will create the space for BOD to explore. So 6 Lions, not all will start, but I expect all 6 to play in a test or two.
By the way we did have eight Lions one year.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

You have 1 good player

Cole

2 decent players

Hooker Youngs and Parling - though 4 lineout steals against dirt trackers isn't a proper stat

Tom Croft is a show pony, there are better no6s playing for the dirt trackers than him

Ben Youngs is a cry baby who is only there because Danny Care is too volatile and there are no other scrum halfs in the UK

Manu is someone sides fear? Why, because he might punch them, or high tackle them. Fat tom kite who's only claim to fame is that he punched Ashton and waddled his fat ass across the line against an All Black side seconds from death.

Now, the real reason you have 6 Lions is because Graham Rowntree has selected all his mates to join in his little trip to Australia.

Looking forward to welcoming Manu to Ravenhill and seeing him brad pitt himself. The man isn't even English, yet is a Lion. Devaluing both shirts. Hoping Ben Youngs is made to cry again, and that Cole and Parling have good tours
Gael
Steward

Post by Gael »

Well don't sit on the fence Russ, tell us what you really think!
There was never a guard nor a customs man, got his nose inside that transit van.
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Tom Youngs was voted players player of the year, but hey what would they know, they're only professional rugby players. Ben Youngs got try of the year, you don't have to like them, I don't much like Courtney Lawes, but I do recognise a decent player when I spot one.
Tom Croft was a star in the last Lions, it would not surprise me if he's not another one on this tour, splits sides with his pace and scores tries,wins lineout ball and tidies up the scraps if it goes loose.
Gatland has hinted in the press today that it's down to two for the nine shirt and Ben Youngs is one of them.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

tigerburnie wrote:Tom Youngs was voted players player of the year, but hey what would they know, they're only professional rugby players. Ben Youngs got try of the year, you don't have to like them, I don't much like Courtney Lawes, but I do recognise a decent player when I spot one.
Tom Croft was a star in the last Lions, it would not surprise me if he's not another one on this tour, splits sides with his pace and scores tries,wins lineout ball and tidies up the scraps if it goes loose.
Gatland has hinted in the press today that it's down to two for the nine shirt and Ben Youngs is one of them.
Define star

Watched the last tour.

He was outshone by Ferris in every department, including the running in tries against dirt trackers.

He was included in the test side to win lineout ball and couldn't even do that.

Tom Youngs is a good player, no doubt, and should be a Lion.

When you have Conor Murray as the 3rd scrum half on tour, then it would be a huge shame on Ben Youngs to be left out for him!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Somewhat early to be getting stuck into the Tigers Russ, maybe do what you do best and concentrate on Munster for now. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Somewhat early to be getting stuck into the Tigers Russ, maybe do what you do best and concentrate on Munster for now. >EW
I'm too bored!

When Ulster are not playing I have to use my time another way!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Somewhat early to be getting stuck into the Tigers Russ, maybe do what you do best and concentrate on Munster for now. >EW
I'm too bored!

When Ulster are not playing I have to use my time another way!
A problem I am all too familiar with Russ. >EW