Russ ... Baggy ... the PRL beat you to it!!!!

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Russ ... Baggy ... the PRL beat you to it!!!!

Post by Rooster »

MattMo wrote:I don't think this is half as bad as you guys are thinking.

"not releasing" refers to 2 teams (depending on who gets to the final) and therefore at most is 3 players. On top of that, I'm pretty certain if they are playing in those games, then the only ones of note are North and Williams, as the rest of these "unreleased" players season is over. Further to that, this game is a waste of time, and I'm pretty certain the players feel like that.

It's one thing to test your mettle against your old friends, in a match that your told to go out and perform, not win, just perform. Another to do it in a test match. I think performance in premiership final means a heck of a lot more than performance in this
Bath have confirmed they will not release Gavin Henson or Paul James to play in Warren Gatland’s Wales trial match.

Gatland has called for common sense to prevail and for English-based Welsh players to be allowed to take part in the May 30th Liberty Stadium clash if their club seasons are over.

That will be the case with centre Henson and prop James, who will complete their campaigns with Bath in the Amlin Challenge Cup final against Northampton at Cardiff Arms Park on May 23.

Gavin Henson at the centre of attention again

But Premiership Rugby - the umbrella organisation for the English top-flight clubs - have a policy of only sanctioning the release of non-English players for matches covered by IRB regulations.

And Gatland’s trial isn’t covered by those IRB rules, as it is taking place outside of the international window and is not a Test match.

Bath have now confirmed they will be sticking by the PRL policy and refusing to make Henson and James available.

Yes please! You asked for Henson's return

A club spokesman said: “As it stands, we are unable to release the players for the game on the 30th, due to the test window regulations that all 12 Aviva Premiership Clubs agreed to via Premiership Rugby.”

Bath had initially published an article on their website reporting the selection of Henson and James for the Welsh trial, but that has now been taken down.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Feck me Sadie I roared!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Sam Warburton will end up playing against Kathryn Jenkins
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cornerfleg wrote:Sam Warburton will end up playing against Kathryn Jenkins
Lucky Sam......is that part of his WRU contract........
Greenmoon
Novice

Post by Greenmoon »

I have heard a rumour here in South Wales that a back up list has been put together just in case some players won't be released for the upcoming "Not very likelies" vs. "Highly improbables". Top of that list is the bronze statue of Gareth Edwards that stands in St Davids Centre in Cardiff!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Gatland : "Going forward, we might have to review the policy of potentially selecting England-based players if they're not going to be available."

No matter what hat they wear as a player or a fan - they're getting screwed! Sad that!
This daft weasle wordage seems to have replaced the perfectly good "in future" in modern parlance. (Yes - I am a boring old traditionalist fart.)
And all the better for it Spiffers, but I have a more straightforward query about what Wazza the back to front has said.

Wales haven't gone forward in quite some time, indeed their adroit use of reverse has been tremendously impressive, the gatlands.
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Thu May 15, 2014 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Sam Warburton will end up playing against Kathryn Jenkins
My money's on Kate. :lol: He'll almost certainly break down in the first quarter.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Greenmoon wrote:I have heard a rumour here in South Wales that a back up list has been put together just in case some players won't be released for the upcoming "Not very likelies" vs. "Highly improbables". Top of that list is the bronze statue of Gareth Edwards that stands in St Davids Centre in Cardiff!
Will Gareth Anscombe get a run out?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall