Hogg to Ulster?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

adam
Novice

Re: Hogg to Ulster?

Post by adam »

Hogg to Saracens is the rumour in Glasgow
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

adam wrote:Hogg to Saracens is the rumour in Glasgow
Makes more sense than Hogg to Ulster
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
MattMo wrote:Related to George Best I hear... He's an Ulster man through and through... not one that I will stand up for, may just stay standing up, but certainly not actively stand up from a sitting position.
Kelly Browns Da is from Belfast, so that would be an NIQ 6.5 sorted, ....
He's too ugly to play for Ulster.
Your point is ?
Teapot.jpg
Our Deccy is like George Clooney compared to thon gargoyle Brown. Brown is actually the shortened version of his name. It's, Brownpaperbagovermyheadatalltimeswhenoutinpublic, but you couldn't fit that on the back of a sorries shirt.
Singular. I'd say he's a 5 bagger at least.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

adam wrote:Hogg to Saracens is the rumour in Glasgow
Saracens - wherethey have Alex Goode and Chris Wyles? Seems a bit irrational to me. But they can outbid us, that's for sure.
Bo***cks to Brexit
adam
Novice

Post by adam »

Only irrational if you consider Goode or Wyles to be superior to Hogg which they clearly aren't.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Adam,
Well, firstly, that's a matter of opinion and I don't mean yours or mine. Secondly, why on earth would a side with an all-internattional back three and two international out halves want to sign another player in those positions. If Saracens had done badly this season, then possibly, but it makes no sense at this time, especially for a club in the red to the tune of thirty-odd million.
Admittedly, stranger things have happened but it seems to me improbable at best.
Bo***cks to Brexit
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

He'll fit in perfectly at Saracens....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

rumncoke wrote:Ruck

Back row forwards win and lose matches therefore it is not an area of the field to be blooding youth unless the player is substantially better than an experienced player.

Every coach will select experience over youth in the back row .

Think Ruddock at Leinster has been on their books for several years but only this year has he been a regular and only because SoB has been injured

Ferris took a couple of years to mature before he became a first name on the sheet
So just to clarify, you advocate the selection of the wonderful back row penalty machine that is Mike McComish over guys like Joyce and Dow?

I'm just saying: McComish has proven many times over the last few seasons that he simply is not good enough even at Rabo level. It must be infuriating for young back rowers like Joyce who sit out every week looking at him and thinking, "Am I really not as good as that guy?"
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Windeos
Warrior Chief

Post by Windeos »

How Saracens haven't been in trouble for going over the salary cap is beyond me.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

When the subpoenas are issued ... no one knows where to send them to.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
HoneyBadger
Novice

Post by HoneyBadger »

Ruck I'm not sure that analogy is a good one since mccomish is neither experienced or in any way decent. I'd say a more suitable one like Jennings over jordi Murphy, or something to that effect.
Using Tapatalk
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

HoneyBadger wrote:Ruck I'm not sure that analogy is a good one since mccomish is neither experienced or in any way decent. I'd say a more suitable one like Jennings over jordi Murphy, or something to that effect.
I wasn't using it as an analogy similar to rum's, I was simply using it as an example of us holding back young players in the back row. The fact that you consider McComish isn't experienced or decent either only strengthens my argument that we shouldn't be playing him ahead of Joyce and Dow.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ruckover wrote:
HoneyBadger wrote:Ruck I'm not sure that analogy is a good one since mccomish is neither experienced or in any way decent. I'd say a more suitable one like Jennings over jordi Murphy, or something to that effect.
I wasn't using it as an analogy similar to rum's, I was simply using it as an example of us holding back young players in the back row. The fact that you consider McComish isn't experienced or decent either only strengthens my argument that we shouldn't be playing him ahead of Joyce and Dow.
If you watch Oldings tries for Ulster thanks to the chicken man, you will see we did play them

Anscombe Out
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Talks still ongoing but looking 'very likely'.
The King is dead. Long live the King.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Windeos wrote:How Saracens haven't been in trouble for going over the salary cap is beyond me.

Sssssssssssh Windies, PRL only pretend there is a salary cap, same as they pretend that all aren't broke when only three have a balance sheet an experienced banker wouldn't giggle at. I'd guess there are more director's loan than you could swing an income ledger at. >EW >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.