Should he stay or should he go?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Should he stay or should he go?

Anscombe has developed Ulster into a quality winning team, he should stay. You are a pixie.
3%
Anscombe has done an ok job as coach, he should stay. Really so OK is good enough for Ulster?
7%
Anscombe, but for Payne's stupidity would now be preparing to lead Ulster to Cardiff and the HC Final, please stay. Yeah and everything else is rosey in the garden too right?
3%
Anscombe has been good for Ulster but has been very unlucky with injury and red cards, he should stay. Boo-hoo
17%
Anscombe is marvellous, 4 more years. Why oh why? I'm so lonely nobody wants me.
No votes
Anscombe has failed miserably to win anything, get out.
3%
Anscombe has presided over two mixed seasons, has endured some cruel misfortunes but doesn't seem good enough, go.
47%
Anscombe has not produced a team who are better than the sum of the parts, get te feck and don't let the door hit yer Crozier on the way out.
10%
Anscombe's way is not The Ulster Way, be gone antipodean roustabout.
1%
He's keek just get rid of him now or sooner, he's stinking the joint out.
1%
Sorry, I am an utter chube who has insufficient rugby nous to even have an opinion.
7%
I am an expert with an opinion but it's my God given, Her Majesty guaranteed right as an Ulsterman to say nawthin.
1%

Total votes: 72

mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: Should he stay or should he go?

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I think Rooster that you have hit the nail on the head. It has been mentioned on here before that the IRFU wanted Payne played in the centre. Perhaps it was decreed that the semi final was like the old probables / possibles with all of the potential Ireland centres, BOD excluded, on show. Just stirrin' like! :stir:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I disagree. Joe has never mentioned Payne as a 13 except when he is specifically asked about him by a BBC NI reporter. He always consistently mentioned Henshaw and Cave. I'm of the view that Jared wanted a shot at BOD's shirt and the whole impetus for the move came from him and Anscombe.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

mid ulster maestro wrote:I think Rooster that you have hit the nail on the head. It has been mentioned on here before that the IRFU wanted Payne played in the centre. Perhaps it was decreed that the semi final was like the old probables / possibles with all of the potential Ireland centres, BOD excluded, on show. Just stirrin' like! :stir:
From my information on this Joe or anyone else in IRFU have not made any requests as to who we play where in any match this season, Kidney did ask previously about a specific player and it was not adhered to at that particular time.
As of now Joe has said several times that he is looking at Cave and Henshaw and at present he does not reckon Henshaw is ready so I fully expect Cave to start the first Argie match.
Joe is not a bull excrement spouter, he has a plan and he will work through it and from what I hear all the players know how they stand and what goals they have to achieve which is a very new concept in the Ireland side.
In previous seasons many players from all provinces couldn't really be arsed going to Ireland camps now they look forward to going to them to work with Joe, that is a massive boost all round and I would attribute a lot of the improvement we have seen in players actually down to him more than our own set up. Sit and think about all our players who have been at his camps and you will see what I mean. It seems like he will also be taking an interest in the second tour side so hopefully more will see the Schmidt way of life including Doaky.
Any wonder Leinster fans are a bit frustrated by MOC as they probably will never get a coach to live up to Joes influence on the side again.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

A comprehensive assessment of the situation Rooster and one with which I concur entirely.
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Rocket wrote:The Heineken Cup Final Team

Ulster XV: 15. Stefan Terblanche, 14. Andrew Trimble, 13. Darren Cave, 12. Paddy Wallace, 11. Craig Gilroy, 10. Paddy Jackson, 9. Ruan Pienaar, 1. Tom Court, 2. Rory Best, 3. John Afoa, 4. Johann Muller (capt), 5. Dan Tuohy, 6. Stephen Ferris, 7. Chris Henry, 8. Pedrie Wannenburg,
Replacements: 16. Nigel Brady, 17. Paddy McAllister, 18. Declan Fitzpatrick, 19. Lewis Stevenson, 20. Willie Faloon, 21. Paul Marshall, 22. Ian Humphreys, 23. Adam D'Arcy.
Not at all similar considering that the following 13 players out of 23 were not there or did not start last week.
15. Stefan Terblanche,
12. Paddy Wallace,
1. Tom Court,
3. John Afoa,
5. Dan Tuohy,
6. Stephen Ferris,
Replacements:
16. Nigel Brady,
17. Paddy McAllister,
18. Declan Fitzpatrick,
20. Willie Faloon,
22. Ian Humphreys,
23. Adam D'Arcy.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Can we also remember we had a bye in the semi final

A grand day out, but a non event

Anscombe Out
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

What's Terblanche doing these,days?
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

isleofwighter wrote:What's Terblanche doing these,days?
A lot of cycling!
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
isleofwighter
Initiate

Post by isleofwighter »

Shame.!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Snipe Watson wrote:I disagree. Joe has never mentioned Payne as a 13 except when he is specifically asked about him by a BBC NI reporter. He always consistently mentioned Henshaw and Cave. I'm of the view that Jared wanted a shot at BOD's shirt and the whole impetus for the move came from him and Anscombe.
It came from Payne and probably therefore endorsed by the rest.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

bazzaj wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:I disagree. Joe has never mentioned Payne as a 13 except when he is specifically asked about him by a BBC NI reporter. He always consistently mentioned Henshaw and Cave. I'm of the view that Jared wanted a shot at BOD's shirt and the whole impetus for the move came from him and Anscombe.
It came from Payne and probably therefore endorsed by the rest.
Snipe I've said that myself on this board also, you're 100% correct.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I note that we now have 2 pixies :shock: :shock: :shock: they probably just watch on TV and never talk to anyone....... ever.

Maybe Clive is a pixie. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I see John Plumtree is leaving the Ireland job after the Argentina tour due to family reasons.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Is he eloping with Afoa?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

Going to NZ apparently
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg