Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Round 6 - Ra Weegies

Post by Cornerfleg »

I say again I bet some peeps are wishing we'd signed Ludi 3 years ago!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cornerfleg wrote:I say again I bet some peeps are wishing we'd signed Ludi 3 years ago!
:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BigHairyMonster
Initiate

Post by BigHairyMonster »

For me the key to stopping Glasgow playing is stopping Strauss. Allow him to carry especially in the 10 channel and we are screwed. Also they will pick and go through the fringes. I'll be watching in a house full of rabid weejies and will have phone off to stop my 'friends' from the club texting me with supportive messages like the delightful Weejie expression 'get that right up ya'. Glasgow Ulster matches are akin to torture for me.
Geal'us Dearg a suas - Up the White and Red
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Just shows Humphreys was wise to sign Ludik given the crap going on with Payne, Ludik gives us a load of flexibility.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

What worries me is this nonsense with Payne can't be going down well with the rest of the squad. As many chances as you want out of position to the detriment of the team.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I see UR are selling this one as "charity night", I'd say the Weegies are feeling very grateful for that. Charity begins at Kingspan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Lurgan lad you missed the point it's the presence of Ludik which makes playing Payne at 13 possible without fielding a weak full back . Management can move Payne from full back to 13 but Cave can't move from 13 to full back . Caves weaknesses is his lack of flexibility along the back line .

It appears that in order to be considered a team asset at professional and International level a back must be able to play at least 2 positions ( the exceptions to some extent being scrum half and out half but even in those positions there are flexible players -- Boss Sexton and Madigan and closer to home Olding and L Marshall )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:Lurgan lad you missed the point it's the presence of Ludik which makes playing Payne at 13 possible without fielding a weak full back . Management can move Payne from full back to 13 but Cave can't move from 13 to full back . Caves weaknesses is his lack of flexibility along the back line .

It appears that in order to be considered a team asset at professional and International level a back must be able to play at least 2 positions ( the exceptions to some extent being scrum half and out half but even in those positions there are flexible players -- Boss Sexton and Madigan and closer to home Olding and L Marshall )

Cave plays either 12 or 13
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Both are centres which are basically one and the same and sitting on the bench there are two backs out half / centre and a wing / full back v a player who players centre and centre that is not the flexibility required for the bench . Thus to make the team it would appear a player must fit a preconceived management need or style of game .

For example the two games ERC games to come both teams are big bash back lines at inside centre which maybe the reason McCloskey is lining out in the 12 spot rather than Olding or Luke Marshall because both are to brave for their own good and may be concussed defending against bigger centres

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Both are centres which are basically one and the same and sitting on the bench there are two backs out half / centre and a wing / full back v a player who players centre and centre that is not the flexibility required for the bench . Thus to make the team it would appear a player must fit a preconceived management need or style of game .

For example the two games ERC games to come both teams are big bash back lines at inside centre which maybe the reason McCloskey is lining out in the 12 spot rather than Olding or Luke Marshall because both are to brave for their own good and may be concussed defending against bigger centres
Friday night drinks again Rum'n?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Jealousy will get you nowhere ! Hot without the coke

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:Both are centres which are basically one and the same......
Garbage of the highest calibre Rummy. Saying that 12 and 13 are one and the same is like saying props is props. Uninformed garbage. I would help you further, but it's late and tomorrow is game day, so I need my sleep. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:Both are centres which are basically one and the same......
Garbage of the highest calibre Rummy. Saying that 12 and 13 are one and the same is like saying props is props. Uninformed garbage. I would help you further, but it's late and tomorrow is game day, so I need my sleep. :sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
Sleeping is for wimps !
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Jealousy will get you nowhere ! Hot without the coke

:thumleft:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rum

I've had some rum and normally I am a big supporter of yours. But I speak for Ulster when I say feck you

This is in expression to your ramblings of brad pitt and the thoughts that 13 and 12 are the same

In conclusion - twunt