Ulster v Glasgae... Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Glasgae... Live

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bangorboy wrote:Intense oerformance - FNW immense - O'Connor and McCloskey getting better with every game.... Only downside was the Glasgow version of Baggy standing beside me :-)
image.jpg
Yeah you disliked him so much you got him to pose for a picture, then you couldn't work out how to rotate it. You really are a dumb-ass clown BangorBay. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BuckRogers wrote:Haven't dragged through the whole thread but very little being said about Lamont pole-axing Ludik.
Think ref call was fair when you look at it several times, anyway Big Nick sorted Lamont later in the match >seeya
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy that is financial Crap and totally senseless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Baggy that is financial Crap and totally senseless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Care to explain WTF you are talking about?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:Haven't dragged through the whole thread but very little being said about Lamont pole-axing Ludik.
Think ref call was fair when you look at it several times, anyway Big Nick sorted Lamont later in the match >seeya
Garces probably would have sent him off. I wonder would Nigel have sent off Payne. Correct outcome though considering Glasgow had a pen advantage but it was kinda dangerous in the end considering Ludik landed on his neck. p didn't help matters either.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
bazzaj wrote: As for BHM snipe and the Bagster I accept that I have been going ott in down playing our win but its due to my total frustration on here of late.
We lose and we are crap and facing oblivion, we win and we are world beaters.
JIzzer I advised you earlier but no sign of any change, therefore I am left to play your silly game of "I told you so".

We have been crap, utterly crap. Yesterday in truth wasn't that much better however the level of intensity yesterday was miles better, the pack was very good, as was the defence.

For my own "I told you so" you need look no further than the "Ra Weegies" thread:
Either that or our pack decimates Weegies set piece & iHUmph kicks his goals. Could just about happen.
We could beat you up up front but I see no other way of winning with this selection. We are currently a team in the process of self-harming & are in need of intervention.
You are not the site clairvoyant Jizzer, just another nerd with an opinion & a keyboard, just like all the rest of us.
Didnt say I was the site clairvoyant Bagster its just that I happen to be proved right the majority of the time.

To say there is no other way you can see us winning with that selection Bagster other than up front, my point is that is exactly how games most games are won-up front!

As for me being a nerd with a keyboard -well I have been called a hell of a lot of things as you can imagine but that is very definately a first.
I can cut and paste now having said that.
Have just found this Jizzbeg, pretty witless stuff, you are again showing your need to be recognised as someone who knows his stuff, I remember Agen-le-tete had similar delusions, though I hasten to add I like you a lot more than that clown.

Then the bit in red shows you care only for your own opinion. Had you given it the remotest thought, you would recognise that what I described is not the Ulster Way, I would hazard a confident guess that is there is no team in our league quicker to hurl the ball wide without having laid the ground work.

Over recent seasons when not at the top of our game how many times have we watched Ulster go side to side and back again, repeated ad nauseum with little success. That Jizzbeg is why yesterday was very different & if you can't see that, you either weren't watching or know the square root of SFA.

:roll:
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

HoneyBadger wrote:Looks like Kiss knows more than people of these forums... Image
Great showing from all the forwards, tactically spot on.
So kiss is now a world class forwards coach :scratch:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

ruckover wrote:Met the Glasgow team co-ordinator after the game and asked him whether it was Glasgow's strongest team. He said they don't really know what it is with their SID but he said last night was probably the closest they've been to it so far this season.

Also said for the last few seasons Townsend has prioritised the league over Europe and that their Heineken Cup form wasn't of much concern to him, which explains why they've never been able to do as well in Europe.
Team Co-Ordinator , why does Ulster not have one of them, we have everything else :roll:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Garces probably would have sent him off. I wonder would Nigel have sent off Payne. Correct outcome though considering Glasgow had a pen advantage but it was kinda dangerous in the end considering Ludik landed on his neck. p didn't help matters either.
At the match I turned to future Mr Shammy and said "if only Nige reffed Ulster v. Saracens!" In real time I was baying for blood but on the big screen it was just a bit of a mistimed clash. Fair call Nige.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
I had this argument at the game. I reckoned it was probably a fair enough call, had it been man against man thenI think the Weegie would have been in trouble, I think the fact that Ludik was "assisted" in his fall by a team mate saved Lamont, who wasn't terribly careful & was lucky it didn't go badly for him.

My feeling at the match was that it was a fair enough call, I said that if a ref of Nigel's stature bins a guy then this plague will continue. I like that Nigel does his best to keep players on the pitch.

Have just seen Bastareaud taken out in the air by Huget, no harm done, started from a low level, penalty, nothing more. Good call by the touchie advising Lacey.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Just watched the match back again. Obviously delighted with the win. At the very least our league campaign is back on the rails after the Parma-gate scandal.

The forwards were immense. The half-backs performed close to the best of their abilities (after the first 10 minutes of aimless punting). The whole team defended pretty well.

But..... From 11-15 we have the players to put out the best back line in the Pro12 if not Europe with excellent back-up options. And yet 6 games in, we are still yet to see anything even approaching the full potential.

I have this dream that Payne has now fulfilled his quota of Schmidt-imposed outside centre appearances and we have cleverly lulled Cockerill into a false sense of security that he can plan this week to have Tuilagi bosh down the 13 channel and have Payne's Lycra-clad forearms slip off him, only to realise that we have picked a proper outside centre instead.

Even in the vain hope my fantasy were to become reality, Cave has had suck little game time he would probably have to dust the cobwebs off his boots.

Welford road is going to be an arm wrestle...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Nigel yellow carded Hooper for taking a man out in the air last week.
His decision was wrong then, Hooper was fully committed to a tackle and attempted to pull out after the ball was kicked - it was a strange one, which made it look worse for Hooper

Wonder was Nige pulled over coals for the Hooper one (especially as it cost the Aussies the game) and thus was more lenient this week
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

A lot of people said Garces was right because of the area of the body Good landed on. Ludik landed right on his neck. Personally I think neither are remotely red cards but applying the same arguments that others did I'd say it would be hard for some to call for different sanctions.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If it hadn't been Nig I think FNW would have spent time in the bin... He checked one tackle on the TMO and missed another probable yellow.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

Russ wrote:Nigel yellow carded Hooper for taking a man out in the air last week.
His decision was wrong then, Hooper was fully committed to a tackle and attempted to pull out after the ball was kicked - it was a strange one, which made it look worse for Hooper

Wonder was Nige pulled over coals for the Hooper one (especially as it cost the Aussies the game) and thus was more lenient this week
Nah that was a yellow every day of the week. Hoopers "charge down" resulted it him jumping into the Argie player kicking the clearance and hitting him late in the face with his hips. There was no attempt to charge it down, he was just trying to floor him.
Why? Why not?