Pro12 final to be held at Ravenhill

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Pro12 final to be held at Ravenhill

Post by damianmcr »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Puzzled by the fact tickets on on sale next week. Moving away from 50:50 allocation then. Wonder how many will be kept for the two teams in the final.
Unless there is one or more of Ulster Mustard or Linseed, about 1000 tickets per team would be enough

#shitgroundsnofansemptystadia
Understandable.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

I'm amazed at the cynicism towards this.
If Ulster make the final it means we get an advantage this year. If Ulster don't make the final we still have the opportunity to go for a few beers and watch some decent rugby live.

What's not to like?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Priority for ST holders up to 4 tickets each.
If you're quick!

"Information on how to purchase up to four tickets per season ticket for this fixture will be emailed to you on Friday in advance of your priority booking period which will open from 10am on Monday 2nd February to 8am on Tuesday 3rd February."
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

davejohnston wrote:I'm amazed at the cynicism towards this.

What's not to like?
What happens if we make the final next year and its in Italy? No. scratch that - tickets would be easily got for that. What if its in Thomond? Or Parc y Scarlets?
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Amiga500 wrote:

What's not to like?
What happens if we make the final next year and its in Italy? No. scratch that - tickets would be easily got for that. What if its in Thomond? Or Parc y Scarlets?
How many times have we made the final in the past 4 years? I'll cross that bridge when we come to it, although frankly a weekend in Italy at the end of May sounds pretty good to me, I might even take the missus.

If anything the Ospreys (1 final 1 win), Leinster (4 finals 2 wins) and Munster ( 1 final 1 win) have more of a reason to be drunk off given there track record and current standing this season.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Amiga500 wrote:

What's not to like?

Very simple, you decide to go or not to go. Good for the competition, necessary indeed as the semi and final are a week apart.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

That's about the height of it Baggy, you decide to go now or you risk not getting any tickets at all.

The ticket allocation for supporters of both teams who reach the final is 2,000. Everything else goes on general sale.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Wee Woman wrote:That's about the height of it Baggy, you decide to go now or you risk not getting any tickets at all.

The ticket allocation for supporters of both teams who reach the final is 2,000. Everything else goes on general sale.
Take off a thousand or so for corporates. Does that mean ST holders could potentially snap up 13 k or so tkts before anybody else gets a look in?. Doesn't seem fair. Why should Ulster STs get an advantage for a "neutral" fixture in whichwe maynot feature :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:That's about the height of it Baggy, you decide to go now or you risk not getting any tickets at all.

Take off a thousand or so for corporates. Does that mean ST holders could potentially snap up 13 k or so tkts before anybody else gets a look in?. Doesn't seem fair. Why should Ulster STs get an advantage for a "neutral" fixture in whichwe maynot feature :scratch:
Clearly this is not thought through
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Pro12 final to be held at Ravenhill

Post by Wee Woman »

big mervyn wrote:

I can't see a lot of ST holders taking up the offer at all at this stage tbh but if we do get to the final and fans start kicking off about the lack of tickets, at least UR can say they did offer ST holders up to 4 tickets each.

More cynicism Image

Edited to add that there bound to more than a thousand or so going to corporates, everyone sponsors UR ffs Image
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

If Ulster make the final it means we get an advantage this year. If Ulster don't make the final we still have the opportunity to go for a few beers and watch some decent rugby live.

What's not to like?
Spot on. Dave for president

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:

Mervyn... Interesting and in my opinion a very valued point and we'd be the first to complain if the same was done elsewhere. As a neutral venue surely ticket sales should be open to the general public not ST holders of that specific club..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I'll likely get two tickets come Monday.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

I really haven't got my head around this entirely. Whilst I shall be filling my boots in the expectation i will be able to do a good deed to my fellow leinster/Munster/Connacht fans should we not make it, I do find it strange we ST holders can essentially, in theory, buy all but about 3/4,000 tickets.

Dangerous precedent for Thomond or RDS.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The pre-sale may be limited in terms of total quantity available. I'm thinking buy 4 and do a fellow supporter a favour in May.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk