Ulster sides in UBL

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Ulster sides in UBL

Post by BuckRogers »

robrfc15 wrote:John Andrews to take over as Head Coach of Rainey Old Boys, as Richard Boyd has left the position
On a serious note is this not just another example of the roundabout you'll do rightly appointments of coaches in Ulster senior clubs? Am I wrong to say he was beyond useless at 'Mena a few seasons ago with a semi talented squad?
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Once a Knight wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:
RuPi wrote:Apparently the Dundalk coach has got the Armagh job.
Flip!
Dundalk did win The All Ireland Junior Cup this year....
Are they not also vying for promotion?
The Dundalk coach is now staying in Dundalk. Armagh has now gone with a big hitter, gonna cost.anyone know anything else

I am hearing an Ulster player to be involved as player coach in North Down, interesting to see that one , as rule 6 only allows the player coach to be the head coach and must have a level 2 coaching level. Maybe some one never read rule 6 fully. Or current head coach is in for a shock.

Andrews would make a better coach driver for Chambers.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

BuckRogers wrote:
robrfc15 wrote:John Andrews to take over as Head Coach of Rainey Old Boys, as Richard Boyd has left the position
On a serious note is this not just another example of the roundabout you'll do rightly appointments of coaches in Ulster senior clubs? Am I wrong to say he was beyond useless at 'Mena a few seasons ago with a semi talented squad?
This coaching merry go round is an absolute joke , do club committees not see how poor they are at their previous clubs, does no one ask the previous club,"would you employ him again" part of the problem is that they bring some players with them that's the attraction more than the coach, then they spend 2-3 years being poor to average and get another job elsewhere and take a few players with them, there is a lot of good guys wanting to get coaching but they will never get the opportunity , Coaching development guys at UR should really do something about it or guys will just give up.

Rainey would be better employing Rumandcoke
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Rob6
Initiate

Post by Rob6 »

Alex McCloy named as new Armagh Coach, with Willie Faloon his new assistant coach.
Hustle......Loyality......Respect

U...L....S...T...E...R...R...R...R...R...R...R

Don't Stop Believing!!!!!!!!

Supporting Ulster Rugby should come with a health warning!!
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

So Willie won't be playing for Ulster.i wonder how much that cost us.we not great on signings at the moment
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

WTF?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Any truth in the rumour McComb has a coaching job?
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Any truth in the rumour McComb has a coaching job?

Jesus wept.

Caldwell player/coach at Instonians by all accounts.

Be tough for Faloon to coach Armagh, play for Ulster and presumably turn out for whatever AIL side he is sent to?
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Once a Knight wrote:Armagh are an AIL club. >EW

I would have thought it may be possible to accommodate his wishes as an Armagh man given he has had to play for the likes of Ballynahinch in the past. :lol:

Armagh are showing a fair bit of ambition about structures within the club as well.
Ah c'mon now auld stick, you knows the rules about contracted players and having to play 1A/B.

Not saying it's right but UR have been enforcing it fairly stringently recently with Malone having been rid out after relegation.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BuckRogers wrote:

I would have thought it may be possible to accommodate his wishes as an Armagh man given he has had to play for the likes of Ballynahinch in the past. :lol:

Armagh are showing a fair bit of ambition about structures within the club as well.
Ah c'mon now auld stick, you knows the rules about contracted players and having to play 1A/B.

Not saying it's right but UR have been enforcing it fairly stringently recently with Malone having been rid out after relegation.
Sure Armagh can beat some of those sides anyway :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

Kofi Annan wrote:Any truth in the rumour McComb has a coaching job?
Bangor was what I had heard unless he got a contract in England.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:

I would have thought it may be possible to accommodate his wishes as an Armagh man given he has had to play for the likes of Ballynahinch in the past. Image

Forgot all about the "big boys" not wanting the "little boys" to have any toys. >EW

Is Rory still with Banbridge?
Balmoral today

But yes Rory is still a Banbridge player
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Once a Knight wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:

Forgot all about the "big boys" not wanting the "little boys" to have any toys. >EW

You're being facetious sire.

Rory is with Banbridge, Henry with Malone. Exceptional circumstances in that they'll realistically never turn out for them (I know Rory did before you pull that one)

If he's playing up at Armagh fair play to him/them. I imagine there'll be a few chirpy bin men though.
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Once a Knight wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:
BuckRogers wrote:

You're being facetious sire.

Rory is with Banbridge, Henry with Malone. Exceptional circumstances in that they'll realistically never turn out for them (I know Rory did before you pull that one)

If he's playing up at Armagh fair play to him/them. I imagine there'll be a few chirpy bin men though.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course I am being puckish.

Simply pointing out that there are players who are assigned to clubs not in 1A/1B. The exceptional reasons are, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the players have long standing attachments to the clubs in question and were accommodated in that by UR. The fact that they are unlikely to be released ever to play is an additional consideration.

The Faloon family association with Armagh is well established and could it be that a similar accommodation has been reached? I have no inside knowledge on this btw. I'm just offering a potential scenario. An other is that Willie is retiring and Ulster, note I didn't say "we", are short a 7 for next year when Chris Henry is away.
Well that would be bloody disastrous, let's just hope he's getting some special dispensation. If willie were to play that'd be five or six? Did I read three Faloon brothers played in the last game of the season at the Palace Barracks?
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

Grounds, Christ long night.