Cheats

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Cheats

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well, athletes to be honest. Good old Mo Farrah, eh?

"Oh I can't run, I'm all drained with the allegations, I've only heard about it a few days ago". LIAR, try 4 weeks ago.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/others ... h-ago.html

I'm sure there may be some athletes that don't take banned substances, but really, would you actually trust any of them?

Frankly I couldn't care less about them, let them have an even playing field and may the fastest junky win. Then they can all enjoy their fame & fortune until ................... like Florence Griffith Joyner they die young.

Flo Jo's world records set in the late eighties stand to this day & have never been seriously threatened, she was tested more than any runner at the time allegedly. Like Irish cheat Michelle Smyth, her times improved by ridiculous amounts in a short time & she finally retired young, ironically, just ahead of the season in which out of competition drug testing was introduced. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Cheats

Post by big mervyn »

Those Quorn ads are criminal.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

My understanding is that rugby is far from clean.

I substitueted Quorn for mince in chilli con carne - taste was OK but first time I made it, it was too dry, so factor that in kids :thumright: Probably wouldn't hurt to throw in a colour catcher :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I despise Quorn, the adverts and the notion that you simply pop it into your diet and notice no difference. Bullshit, I went through a couple of years living with two vegans and a veggie, absolute hell. Try getting a restaurant in Spain to cater for that lot :roll: Thankfully they would all now ate a scabby donkey, and probably have.

As for rugby, I'm sure it is no cleaner than any team sport but I don't believe all top level players are routinely pushing the limits of acceptability ...... that is the only way it appears athletes can compete, and as the Panorama programme proved, the fact that an athlete has never failed a drug test is neither here nor there.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Once a Knight wrote: I see UR have a nutrition line for the kids that "all you need is in the fridge" which I approve of.
You can store all sorts of things in the fridge OAK >EW
Big Neville Southall
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

........... a blind man

Longest standing T&F world record was set 9th Aug 1983.

800 metres.......

Remember watching it. This "lady" was built like the proverbial
brick shithouse.

Disappointed re the whole Allan Wells revelation, although there had been
"whispers" as far back as 82-83. Wells had been competing for 6-7yrs and clocking
10:40 - 10:55 before his major break when he competed for Scotland at the
1978 Commonwealth Games. He finished second in 10:07. He had come from
being a virtual unknown at international level to taking the British record
earlier that season in 10:15. It was during this time he gained 30lbs and morphed
into a "power sprinter". He only broke 11s for the first time in 1976 after being
around the club circuit for 6yrs - his time dropped to 10:55. So from first breaking
11s and then dropping to 10:07 it took a little over 2yrs.

Unfortunately, as with most of my heroes from that time, it was a case of one
in......all in. It's still all a "Gatlin" (not a Gatland this time).

Last edited by Mac on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

I thought that first picture was Alan Wells. :lol:
Big Neville Southall
Mac
Chancellor to the King

Post by Mac »

big mervyn wrote:I thought that first picture was Alan Wells. :lol:
The Czech, jarmila kratochvílová.
Image Image
If You Have To Ask....You Don't Understand
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:Those Quorn ads are criminal.
Tis a strange one is Quorn or fusarium venenatum to give it it's biological name, genetically modified mould which in other forms is carcinogenic and has strict limits on wheat due to mycotoxic effects on digestion in livestock.
Veggies and vegans love it as it is a natural product and don't seem to mind it is produced in a fermentation process using glucose, oxygen, and egg white so it is not vegan to start with.
It has been compared to truffles or mushrooms but is actually one of those stringy moulds you find growing in soil so in a way it is also a cheat
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
WhiteKnightoftheWeld
Lord Chancellor

Post by WhiteKnightoftheWeld »

Once a Knight wrote: Sad that people can't just play straight.
Why are you no longer a knight?
Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jarmila Kratochvílová had a quare wee package on her. Apparently had muscles in her spit.

If athletics had as big a pair of balls as she had they would wipe every record held since the drug addled 80s as being too out of kilter to be wholesome.

When you see the natural increase in physique and training tolerance/capacity these days it makes no sense that these records can't be touched.

Metabollix.

Thanks for the Quorn advice Rooster, it's never touched my lips & won't on principle. Vile garbage, I eat animals, vegetables & fruit, seems to have worked for millennia, it'll do me for my last few years.

It is no surprise that "C'mon Alaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan" is a drugs cheat, allegedly, it's the ones with the sudden "new body" or the vastly improved times, like him, Flo-Jo etc after years of mediocrity - Farrah is the same, though it's more common to see that in the power events/sprints.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

The signs were there. Mo's weight shot up by nearly 10 grams just before his double gold.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:The signs were there. Mo's weight shot up by nearly 10 grams just before his double gold.
What about his times ................as a mature athlete with a moderate past? :shock:
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:The signs were there. Mo's weight shot up by nearly 10 grams just before his double gold.
What about his times ................as a mature athlete with a moderate past? :shock:
That's something he has in common with both Wells and Linford Christie. Suspicious as hell.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
That's something he has in common with both Wells and Linford Christie. Suspicious as hell.
The Christie one is odd, as with many clean as a whistle, passing all tests then caught out with nandrolone in semi-retirement. Sounds like he was too good for the testers.

Can't remember the last time I watched athletics or swimming or feckin' snooker for that matter. I've always liked watching cycling once a year but no longer, other than for the scenery if they are somewhere I know. Lots of things I have just lost interest in.

I hate being a cynic, perched on my rock of upright indignity, but it's the only semi-honest position I can find in life.