Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 16th 7:45pm Sky Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: Edinburgh v Ulster Fri 16th 7:45pm Sky Sports

Post by ruckover »

Edinburgh have beaten Leinster and the Ospreys handily at home already. They will be difficult.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Referee: Dudley Phillips (IRFU, 52nd competition game)
Assistant Referees: Sam Grove-White, Mike Adamson (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Iain Goodall (SRU)
TMO: Iain Ramage (SRU)

I have a bad feeling about this one >ESAD
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I don't trust anyone still called Dudley in the 21st century ... there is no excuse, with the advent of the internet and just 15 quid to deedpoll ... the problem can be solved from your own home.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

:cheers:
ruckover wrote:Edinburgh have beaten Leinster and the Ospreys handily at home already. They will be difficult.
True, True, unfortunalty for them we are Ulster :cheers:
:fleg:
EastTerraceUR
Novice

Post by EastTerraceUR »

EastTerraceUR wrote::cheers:
ruckover wrote:Edinburgh have beaten Leinster and the Ospreys handily at home already. They will be difficult.
True, True, unfortunalty for them we are Ulster :cheers:
:fleg:
Wait Never mind saw the ref :banghead:
Andy_in_France
Novice

Post by Andy_in_France »

Just you know watched the latest Doak interview you know on Youtube you know. Pity help the ulster players you know having to listen you know to that uninspiring waffle obviously you know. Got to have sympathy for the players.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Andy_in_France wrote:Just you know watched the latest Doak interview you know on Youtube you know. Pity help the ulster players you know having to listen you know to that uninspiring waffle obviously you know. Got to have sympathy for the players.
Well, you would know, like!! >EW
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

Having watch the Ulster A (well half the Ulster team really) game on Saturday i have no real expectation on this game for a win. The game plan for both Ulster and Ulster A is so predictable and boring. Rely on individual flair and not coached in a way to get over the gain line and quick ball. Hurry back Henderson
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nightsoil wrote:Not hard to believe they're better than they showed vs Scarlets but that's not saying much either. Edinburgh don't look that formidable on paper without their internationals. We haven't looked that formidable on grass without our internationals though, so... we should have a shout but I'm not confident the players will make it.
No, neither am I, just thought it was worth throwing the thought out rather than dwell on the Parc-y-empty omnishambles.

Who knows we might even get a bonus point. Better than a slap from Sean O'Brien :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Frankly, I'd be amazed if Clive Ross made it on to the Grosvenor U13s. Mustn't be many kids playing these days.
Dan Dare
Squire

Post by Dan Dare »

cheese wrote:Having watch the Ulster A (well half the Ulster team really) game on Saturday i have no real expectation on this game for a win. The game plan for both Ulster and Ulster A is so predictable and boring. Rely on individual flair and not coached in a way to get over the gain line and quick ball. Hurry back Henderson
Well put. The coaching is so evident when you ask yourself if our players are individually better than the opposition, and the A performance summed it up for me. We moan about the players, but we are not well coached. I used to think that it was just at the lower levels, but now see it as throughout the whole club. What we are all hoping is that brilliant individuals like Rory, Hendy, Tommy and Chad get back here quick, but it does not hide the fact that as a collective we are not getting the best out of what we have.

We are not painting a pretty picture !
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

unfortunately it won't take long for Doakie & Co to drag Rory, Hendo, Chad and Tommy back to mediocre
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Is that why they are putting wee Kissing Les in their back pocket on the way up from Dublin
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

I really do hope he'll make a difference
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

jackthelad wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Having been spoiled by some cracking games at the world cup do you expect a ....

Facepalm Loss - where we send an IKEA self assembly team without any nuts and bolts ... wheels come off after 5 minutes and players depend on trying to send each other information by the power of thought, fortunately Clarke has them all wearing tinfoil hats.

An OMG Loss - Absolute dearth of concentration, hoofball - zero chase, cant string 3 passes together, pinged off the park for being brain dead.

A WTF Loss - Similar to our commitment at Parc y Scarlets, empty stadium, totally boring bosh fiasco, the give it to Stu move doesn't work for 50 minutes then we resort to Doakball and in the last 10 minutes we manage to score a blinder but unfortunately by that stage we've lost Fat Nick to a yellow and are 25 points down after a display of defence that would make iHumph blush.
I'd imagine that the news that Schmidt has called up the injured Ruddock and the woeful McCarthy might fire up Tuohy and Diack a bit. What next> Fanning? Reid? The RDS ballboy?
No, Fergus McFadden :duck: