Dragons v Ulster Sun 8th Nov 2:30pm Dave Parade BBCNI

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rovi Snave
Warrior

Re: Dragons v Ulster Sun 8th Nov 2:30pm Dave Parade BBCNI

Post by Rovi Snave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I am fückïng incandescent with rage - several billion candlepower worth.

Three things:

We haven't won away all season
It is the week before the SDC when again we will be away from home, nobody consider a win might boost confidence?
We will go into the SDC without our best team having played together all year.

Ok four:

Some of the selections are just plain fückïng stupid, players with no experience starting

Five:

Yet again we play a crap team away from home and think it's the perfect time to bring in strangers to the team.

KISS OUT, THIS IS JUST TOO RIDICULOUS - win lose or draw :banghead:

INCANFUCKINGDESCENT. Imagine waiting for more than a year and the man starts like a lunatic. BRILL.
:lol: - Nail on the head - well said Baggy - whatever happened to playing our best team the week before a Supa Dupa Cup game to let them gel (especially since the haven't played together all season with the World Cup on) :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh and while I'm at it - W the F is mad Willie? anyone know?
Finished
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Rocky, the best players in a defeat to a Leinster side that was stuffed by Connacht yesterday #justsayinglike
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BuckRogers
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by BuckRogers »

For the avoidance of doubt Mulholland is either on an Academy or a Development contract.

I am going to go against the grain of negativity and say that whilst it's not our strongest side available it could be worse. They may lose but if they fight like f**k one could live with it.

As I said in another thread I am sick to the back teeth of shyte imports being played ahead of our own guys who have come through whatever systems there are. Again to reiterate they might also be shyte but at least their our shyte. Whole back line bar Arnold born and raised in Ulster. Slightly less so in the pack but when you can't produce a a lock or backrow save for Hendo for love nor money that will invariably happen. Best we can run with is that it's 6 and 1/3 of the 8 are Irish qualified.

Gilroy will not be brought on unless in an extreme emergency. Expect IHumph to the wing before him. Surprised we didn't do our old favourite of two 9's on the bench.

McCall deserves a chance and has got one in a relatively experienced pack of four 'nailed on' starters. Big chance for him to lay down a marker and he needs to take it. Delighted there is no Pete Browne. Backrow is a bit light but no change there.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Looking forward to seeing Mulholand in a real competitive match, might surprise a few
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

I'm happy to see two greenhorns given a chance in a fairly strong pack. That's the way to see what people are made of.

I'm happy to see chances being given to Scholes and Nelson too. Slightly more nervous about Arnold and am wondering where Ludik's been two weeks in a row, having him in the back three would make me a fair bit happier.

I'd be happier to have a forwards bench with a loosehead prop - surely one of Black or Warwick is fit - and a bit more quality on it, barring Rory. Likewise, barring Ruan, the backs have a "break glass in emergency" feeling about them. Bit hard to do given our injuries mind.

Not sure straight before the SDC Cup on a poor run of away form is the time to be testing all of this mind. Feels like they might be taking Oyonnax for granted and treating that as the warm-up for Saracens. I'll reserve judgement until after mind.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Bit disresectful to Oyonnax that, I think we will really struggle there.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I am fückïng incandescent with rage - several billion candlepower worth.

Three things:

We haven't won away all season
It is the week before the SDC when again we will be away from home, nobody consider a win might boost confidence?
We will go into the SDC without our best team having played together all year.

Ok four:

Some of the selections are just plain fückïng stupid, players with no experience starting

Five:

Yet again we play a crap team away from home and think it's the perfect time to bring in strangers to the team.

KISS OUT, THIS IS JUST TOO RIDICULOUS - win lose or draw :banghead:

INCANFUCKINGDESCENT. Imagine waiting for more than a year and the man starts like a lunatic. BRILL.
So Bags - has Kissmequick leapfrogged Fibber Joe on yer hit list?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Kofi Annan wrote:Bit disresectful to Oyonnax that, I think we will really struggle there.
Agreed, have watched some of their home performances - look handy enough. Have played 4 at home so far in the Top 14:

Oyonnax 37 19 Bordeaux
Oyonnax 24 41 Clermont
Oyonnax 9 18 Racing 92
Oyonnax 42 23 Pau
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Looking forward to young McCall get his chance, although I believe it should be at tight.

Mulholland is a big lump- lets see how he goes; however, ad nauseum, can't get my head around O'Connor and Faloon. Have they been given the big Kiss off?...... :duck:

Madness that this sort of SID not being used instead of the less than mediocre crud we're seen so far.

100% Agree with Buck et al that if they're shyte, they're our shyte. Rather we go down with our own than IQ wasters and other people's cast offs.

Only thing I can think of is that we're resting the "big guns" for a serious push on SDC... :banghead: .
Are we doing a McGlocks and targeting Europe, only without the players? Maybe Kiss wants to write off this season and see who's worth keeping and who should be dumped. Only way is give the Yoot a go. Then stamp his mark on a revamped squad of his own making if he's allowed by D4?
Seems like madness. Which is a recurrent theme.
Kiss Out >seeya
Exterminate all rational thought
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

The more I look at it, the more I like this selection.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Know nothing about Mulholland other than he got picked for a club International side

Age ? Weight ? Height ? Fast ? Slow ? Open or blind ? Left or right ? Tackler or forager ?

But as Ulster are not blessed with an abundance of young back rows the search has to start sometime soon because NiQ back rows of quality will not come cheap .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:The more I look at it, the more I like this selection.
Drugs and beer make everything look good :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: >crazy1 >crazy1 >crazy1
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I can't be bothered with all this negativity it's a brave, statement of a selection.
I'm glad to see Stephen Mulholland in there. We need back row players badly and he's at least worth a look. McCall has never disappointed when called upon to step up for Ulster. Two young physical players with promise on the wings.

The first Kiss selection sends out a message, but what is it? He's had 14 months to think about it.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Kofi Annan wrote:Bit disresectful to Oyonnax that, I think we will really struggle there.
Yes, Kofi, if this really is a case of not taking Oyonnax too seriously, they will get mullered and will deserve nothing less.
As for Mulholland and McCall, they both only played the first half against Leinster A but our pack definitely won that half, including getting a penalty try. When they went off, our pack went to pieces.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Ringer
Novice

Post by Ringer »

[quote="BuckRogers"]For the avoidance of doubt Mulholland is either on an Academy or a Development contract.

quote]

Mulholland, Mark Best and Jonny Simpson were all named in media reports over the summer as club players who had earned contracts (presumably development but maybe there is some new form of "A" team contract).

Not sure about Arnold on the wing but we are down to the bare bones for back 3 players and Gilroy must need his minutes rationed. Ludik, Bowe, Trimble, Owens and Stockdale are all injured.