What annoys people????

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: What annoys people????

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Not being able to drink as much as I once could. I drank about half a litre of whiskey and a fair bit of suffering followed. Time was I could drink a litre and not feel too impacted. Fecking old age setting in already.....
I can so empathise my dear Turnip, I used to enjoy semi-pro status, now I am a useless imbiber. I blame the reaction of the drink reacting with the cocktail of drugs I take daily to keep body and soul together.

The irony is that one of the handful of drugs is to combat the effects of my best drinking years. Ah well, the worst that happens is I tend to fall asleep at Inopportune moments, be that on a bar stool or face down in a fish supper. :roll:

Still I'm sure Wanst will guide me to the Bangor train on the 29th and like last year, some NIR operative will be kind enough to wake me when we get to Bangor.
With his train catching form I wouldn't depend on that.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
Gary wrote:Rummy, which particular Devine you mean? I know a Fred Devine who cleans my windows, and a Mrs Jean Devine, who once taught me at school. I suspect she might be dead though. I assume it isn't either of these?
I'm sure you would have been familiar with (at least the work of) John too.
Aye, one haggard looking man who can knock out a brave qune on the uilleann pipes.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Gary wrote:Rummy, which particular Devine you mean? I know a Fred Devine who cleans my windows, and a Mrs Jean Devine, who once taught me at school. I suspect she might be dead though. I assume it isn't either of these?
I'm sure you would have been familiar with (at least the work of) John too.
Aye, one haggard looking man who can knock out a brave qune on the uilleann pipes.
Not sure Gary is a fan of traditional music, but I know he has been a fan of local soccer.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Shan wrote:Not being able to drink as much as I once could. I drank about half a litre of whiskey and a fair bit of suffering followed. Time was I could drink a litre and not feel too impacted. Fecking old age setting in already.....
I can so empathise my dear Turnip, I used to enjoy semi-pro status, now I am a useless imbiber. I blame the reaction of the drink reacting with the cocktail of drugs I take daily to keep body and soul together.

The irony is that one of the handful of drugs is to combat the effects of my best drinking years. Ah well, the worst that happens is I tend to fall asleep at Inopportune moments, be that on a bar stool or face down in a fish supper. :roll:

Still I'm sure Wanst will guide me to the Bangor train on the 29th and like last year, some NIR operative will be kind enough to wake me when we get to Bangor.
With his train catching form I wouldn't depend on that.
In which case I may end up sleeping rough, better wrap up warm. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

People who object to singing in a bar. Me and my group were ejected once from a karaoke bar for singing ON THE WAY IN. What? On the 4th of July eighteen hundred and six....
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

OneMore wrote:People who object to singing in a bar. Me and my group were ejected once from a karaoke bar for singing ON THE WAY IN. What? On the 4th of July eighteen hundred and six....
I can commiserate . One of our local pubs was nicknamed the whistling bar due to the 'no singing allowed' sign very centrally displayed
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Once a Knight wrote:

I prefer the swinging diddy. :lol:

Ah. You've survived the big night then I see. Suppose you were talking some amount of auld shíte for the last few hours. :lol:
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Shan wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

Ah. You've survived the big night then I see. Suppose you were talking some amount of auld shíte for the last few hours. :lol:
Bet you he missed the train yet again though
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
brianc
Warrior Assassin

Post by brianc »

Rooster wrote:
Shan wrote:
Once a Knight wrote:

Bet you he missed the train yet again though
I can absolutely confirm both of the above, he missed the train by several hours & did indeed talk plenty of auld shoite :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: . A very decent outing overall :thumleft:
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:I can get you to the train, I can't guarantee you staying awake to get off at the other end. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fortunately Rocky and Brian made it home and I then chatted to the driver until he safely deposited me and propped me against the front door, rang the bell and made his getaway. What we chatted about, I have not a single clue. Good day out. :thumleft:
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

I remember having lunch but nobody told me there was dinner as well. Feckers! :shock:
Bo***cks to Brexit
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Once a Knight wrote:
namron wrote:
OneMore wrote:People who object to singing in a bar. Me and my group were ejected once from a karaoke bar for singing ON THE WAY IN. What? On the 4th of July eighteen hundred and six....
I can commiserate . One of our local pubs was nicknamed the whistling bar due to the 'no singing allowed' sign very centrally displayed
:lol: excellente nightie

I always wondered about the naming of "the Dirty Onion" bar in Belfast. In my day The DIrty O would have been a certain place frequented not only with excitement but also some concern and copious latex protection. Nice to see some risqué humour flying over the heads of the City Fathers planning dept
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

The original Diddy was on Sandy Row I believe. Anybody here remember it?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

... oh aye, the usual gripe about the Honours system - various cronies for services to the Torys, Babs Windsor for services to online bingo (and swinging diddies) etc etc Bag o' shyte.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Now now Mervyn. Its nice to see ones betters being recognised for being such. I for one feel mightily reassured when the more fortunate in our society have their status both elevated and decorated. Any refusals this year ?