Saracens vs Ulster - Live

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Saracens vs Ulster - Live

Post by Cornerfleg »

Rooster wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:That decision is as fecking annoying as that shower of shyte from watford.
Settle down a bit and rethink what you just said :shock:
Almost as annoying would have been better.
Correct brother Rooster.... I git carried away in the moment.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Once a Knight wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:But if us dumbasses could see that iHumph and pals were never going to get a bp win against Oyonnax, especially an Oyonnax that were looking for their first Sdc win, why could Les and his dumbs dumbs not?!!?Grrrrrr
Because, as I raised before the Munster match, if you don't rotate now you'll be forced to do so in the Euro games. Now, worst of all worlds. You've rested RP and PJ for 40 minutes. Big whoop.
Yip 50 minutes in france, bp in the bag, hauled off cool yer heels today, big 5 pointer next week see what happens next..... Daaaaaaaaa!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Now,can anyone who saw the game tell me how Jared the best 15 in Ireland get on in his comeback.

He got through it safely without really doing anything of note. He'll improve for the outing one would assume.

Overall Ulster did as well as they could. They are not good enough to compete with Saracens over 80 minutes. Not many teams are.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Someday Saracens playing Ulster will be refereed fairly

The second try came from the off side kick off .

The second bite at the 5 metre line out for being down a maul which actually never was brought down by a player who slipped .

Off side frequently and every line out the ball down their own line .

That rant against a bad ref off my chest

Saracens have a heavy pack well drilled pound away pull in the back row and cover defence and wear you down

We didn't have enough ball in their half to exploit their possible immobility .

That Ulster were in the game for 60 minutes was a fine effort by the forwards

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Nobody in their right mind should have been expecting anything much from that game other than performance.
Sarries are a quality team at the top of their game. We are a team coming into form, but missing a few key players.
I think there will be enough early performance positives for Les to take into next week and beyond.
So assuming our coaching staff are in their right minds why did we start the team we did last week?

5 points last week and we could have sent the Girl Guides today.

Clarity of thought and purpose.
That is true.
Obviously our squad and coaching team were excluded from my "nobody in their right mind" statement. They were presumably trying to win both games. It's easy for us to say, throw the Sarries game, but the team had to be looking at the three games with a view to winning all three.

As I said last week. The 15 who started last week should not have capitulated the way they did in the first half. They should have been good enough to at least build a platform from which the bench could kick on and get the job done.
Prior to the Oyonnax game, I felt the team named would be good enough and they should have been.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Shan wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Now,can anyone who saw the game tell me how Jared the best 15 in Ireland get on in his comeback.

He got through it safely without really doing anything of note. He'll improve for the outing one would assume.

Overall Ulster did as well as they could. They are not good enough to compete with Saracens over 80 minutes. Not many teams are.
>appl >appl >appl >appl
You see there is the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

rumncoke wrote:Someday Saracens playing Ulster will be refereed fairly

The second try came from the off side kick off .

The second bite at the 5 metre line out for being down a maul which actually never was brought down by a player who slipped .

Off side frequently and every line out the ball down their own line .

That rant against a bad ref off my chest

Saracens have a heavy pack well drilled pound away pull in the back row and cover defence and wear you down

We didn't have enough ball in their half to exploit their possible immobility .

That Ulster were in the game for 60 minutes was a fine effort by the forwards

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Preach brother preach :salut:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Beattiespastie
Squire

Post by Beattiespastie »

Groundhog Day on the forum unfortunately. Sarries fully deserved the win as they did at Ravers. We are a sad bunch to be honest....love them / hate them they have bossed us in recent years and their form this season says Sarries are going for gold on everything. You know what? Good luck to them they deserve it! I applaud Mr MCCall for doing a cracking job whilst we wallow in Mediocrity with Kiss and Doak. We have promising youngsters but too many journeymen now... We need a rebuild and some killer instinct bred into the Ulster set up! Sarries are an arrogant, confident bunch of individuals but they are earning that swagger and it is winning them game after game. We need to suck it up and learn from the pain... As it stands we are not good enough to challenge for the Rabo or Champions cup... Simples. Time to step it up/ rebuild.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ruckover wrote:We just lost to this season's European champions.
Hence why getting out of this group centered on BP wins last week and next week.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Nobody in their right mind should have been expecting anything much from that game other than performance.
Sarries are a quality team at the top of their game. We are a team coming into form, but missing a few key players.
I think there will be enough early performance positives for Les to take into next week and beyond.
So assuming our coaching staff are in their right minds why did we start the team we did last week?

5 points last week and we could have sent the Girl Guides today.

Clarity of thought and purpose.
One for the ages that. Oh well. Next season eh...
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Hence why getting out of this group centered on BP wins last week and next week.
Yes, but do you not think our players and staff would have been targeting a win today as well to try to win the group? I do.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Did we get a definitive answer as to whether or not it was an IRFU directive that PJ wasn't starting? Doesn't answer for Ruan or Nick not starting though.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Beattiespastie wrote:We have promising youngsters but too many journeymen now...
We could do with a few more journeymen IMHO.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rocket
Novice

Post by Rocket »

Look on the brightside if we do get through (big if) there is a fair chance we will be playing saracens again.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Yes, but do you not think our players and staff would have been targeting a win today as well to try to win the group? I do.
Snipe then the players and staff are more deluded than I thought then......
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.