Ruan - Crapola Vu all over again

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ruan - Crapola Vu all over again

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:My point is if the only reason Ulster can provide to resign Ruan is that he is essential for the further development of Paddy Jackson then it's no wonder they got a swift kick out the door and told the IR Fu had other investment priorities for the necessary funds .

That does not mean I don't recognise the contribution Ruan has made to Ulster or the fact he is one of the key players in the Ulster team at this time or that scrum half is a key position in any side and a good scrum half can make a reasonable out half look good or better

Springer made O Gara look great when in fact he was a relative ordinary out half who could kick penalties successfully .

But the fact is that Ruan is not seen as the future by South Africa and that could seriously effect how he is assessed by D4

It would be nice if he could finish his playing career at Ulster but the fact is the Irish Budget doesn't have the capacity for sentimental gestures when the French can wave high figure cheques at the the best talent in Ireland .

( Madigan is not included in that assessment but is a warning of what could happen )

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Nice sentographs.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Bogbunny wrote:Ulster have produced one international standard scrum half in 50 years, HTF are we expected to whip one out in the next 12 months?

Jonny Stewart I have high hopes for, but it is likely to be 2-3 years before he will be ready to start a HC game (if ever)
2. Colin Patterson and Rob Saunders.
Doak should've been and, lest we forget, Beagle is..... :duck:
FFS CIMAN have you been on the sauce? The man said international standard, not capped. Rob Saunders was not good enough to inhale the steam of wee Colin's pish.

Saunders played 11 times for Ireland and they lost every game barring against Zimbabwe & Japan. As appalling a record as John Robbie FFS, both men claimed to be the next big thing, captains FFS and hardly won a test match between them.

For the record, in my expert opinion, Paul Marshall is not now nor ever will be international standard. His caps were earned during the most hideous injury crisis when anyone in the country with a pulse was in danger of being capped. :duh:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:
Bogbunny wrote:Ulster have produced one international standard scrum half in 50 years, HTF are we expected to whip one out in the next 12 months?

Jonny Stewart I have high hopes for, but it is likely to be 2-3 years before he will be ready to start a HC game (if ever)
2. Colin Patterson and Rob Saunders.
Doak should've been and, lest we forget, Beagle is..... :duck:
FFS CIMAN have you been on the sauce? The man said international standard, not capped. Rob Saunders was not good enough to inhale the steam of wee Colin's pish.

Saunders played 11 times for Ireland and they lost every game barring against Zimbabwe & Japan. As appalling a record as John Robbie FFS, both men claimed to be the next big thing, captains FFS and hardly won a test match between them.

For the record, in my expert opinion, Paul Marshall is not now nor ever will be international standard. His caps were earned during the most hideous injury crisis when anyone in the country with a pulse was in danger of being capped. :duh:
Baggy, if only... I may now have to take to Bush chased with Jaeger bombs to get over this latest shyte from D4.
:cheers: :lol: I agree ref CP and Beagle :salut:
One moot point only; Saunders had one of the best passes and siege gun boots I've ever seen on a 9. The losses were more to do with Ireland as a whole being shyte, not wee Rob. He also had a pish 10 outside him. Captain way too young ruined him. Ludicrous. If he'd been managed properly, he should've been CP's successor as the next great Ulster 9. Sadly he finished too soon. :(
Exterminate all rational thought
Nightsoil
Warrior

Post by Nightsoil »

rumncoke wrote:My point is if the only reason Ulster can provide to resign Ruan is that he is essential for the further development of Paddy Jackson then it's no wonder they got a swift kick out the door and told the IR Fu had other investment priorities for the necessary funds .
a) Clearly not the only argument
b) Ulster's budget, not the IRFU's (insofar as there's a difference).
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

This is a monumental mistake by the IRFU. Not only will Ireland games be boycotted by a sizeable northern contingent but shirts and kit will not be bought and not one f Eck given to the success of the national team this coming season.
Ruan and his family have settled in our province and have become life investors .He has eschewed more lucrative offers from sunnier climes in the past and is still a player of huge standing in the sport.I earnestly hope this decision will be reversed.
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Anyone who considers Ulster Rugby have a Budget totally independent from the IRFU is Fool , given the number of players who are on central contracts and how club rugby is financed .

I can understand the logic behind the decision which does not mean I like the decision and I if I was employed to make that decision, I would make the same one, knowing that a player has made financial sacrifices to continue to play for Ulster that his family has made friendships etc which will be shattered by the decision and the decision , despite all the sorrys which accompany it , will still look and feel like a slap in the face .

I doubt I could make the decision which is why I
Am not employed by D4 to make the decision !!

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rumsplaining
Rocket
Novice

Post by Rocket »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rocket wrote:I'm more annoyed about the circumstances and the lack or loyalty here. Ruan has been loyal to ulster he turned down big money moves to stay, he wants to stay and Ulster want to keep him so its a no brainer he should stay if they agree terms.

This national team rule should only apply to the recruitment of new players, if a player has been recruited and has been here for so long, and there is a desire for that player to be kept/stay then the province should have the power to make that decision, not the Irfu.

The Irfu are bunch of communist Russians who have turned the provinces into development teams with no interest in winning trophies, just feeding the aviva corporates machine.

Black arm bands on Friday night anyone to mark our death/surrender of Ulster rugby to these Russians

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
One question: what age are you?

Information required to know if you are to be despised or pitied. :scratch:
Supported, we all need to stand up and rebel in this time of adversity.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men and women to do nothing.

It's a time stand up for the ulstermen.

Rocket
Novice

Post by Rocket »

rumncoke wrote:Anyone who considers Ulster Rugby have a Budget totally independent from the IRFU is Fool , given the number of players who are on central contracts and how club rugby is financed .

I can understand the logic behind the decision which does not mean I like the decision and I if I was employed to make that decision, I would make the same one, knowing that a player has made financial sacrifices to continue to play for Ulster that his family has made friendships etc which will be shattered by the decision and the decision , despite all the sorrys which accompany it , will still look and feel like a slap in the face .

I doubt I could make the decision which is why I
Am not employed by D4 to make the decision !!

A system where the provinces get fined by the Irfu if they sign a player who does not meet the criteria, would be a better approach. It would allow the provinces to make the decisions whilst balancing the additional cost of a fine.

caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

namron wrote:This is a monumental mistake by the IRFU. Not only will Ireland games be boycotted by a sizeable northern contingent but shirts and kit will not be bought and not one f Eck given to the success of the national team this coming season.
Ruan and his family have settled in our province and have become life investors .He has eschewed more lucrative offers from sunnier climes in the past and is still a player of huge standing in the sport.I earnestly hope this decision will be reversed.

Totally agree. Personally I have always been more loyal to Ulster Rugby than the national Rugby team.
The decision while shocking is no big suprise.

Burn Nucitwatforbrains!
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Wonder will he end up in Gloucester?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Is it time to tap Rory McIlroy for a few shekels, in the save Ulster from Ruanation campaign?
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Just out of curiosity ... is it at all possible for Ulster to finance Ruan themselves ... didn't Munster use Addidas to pay for Cullen?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No , the IRFU still have to sign off on the deal,
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Cheers scrum.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"