Potential new scrum half after Ruan leaves,

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Potential new scrum half after Ruan leaves,

Post by Rooster »

ruckover wrote:Angus Lloyd is our saviour.
They must have been saving him last week then
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote: Is there an IQ scrum half plying his trade ITM Cup, I'm told there is? Why did Leinster not pick him up this year? Well once you start doing the IRFU Math it all becomes quite clear.
What becomes clear?
Jamison Gibson-Park will be a year in as a project player, so the IQ qualified scrum half can wait a year.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote: Is there an IQ scrum half plying his trade ITM Cup, I'm told there is? Why did Leinster not pick him up this year? Well once you start doing the IRFU Math it all becomes quite clear.
What becomes clear?
Jamison Gibson-Park will be a year in as a project player, so the IQ qualified scrum half can wait a year.
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
This is worthy of being called Rum speak
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
What becomes clear?
No, that's not Maths, that's gibberish.
Who is this IQ 9 in the ITM?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cracker, was it you by any chance who started the Big Stu to no.6 shemozzle?

Just asking ................maybe it was Ron'n.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

No Baggy. I don't usually post nonsense. By the way Lyttle sounds pretty good to me.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cracker wrote:No Baggy. I don't usually post nonsense. By the way Lyttle sounds pretty good to me.
Ok, I just don't see a guy who is a capped international leaving his best/preferred position in search of a wing and a prayer that he might be great in another position. Rugby is not littered with such moves, though quite a few have moved between centre and 10.

The French experience of thinking 9 & 10 are interchangeable has flopped without exception.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Austin Healy was and is a Bellend but could play both scrum and wing. Lyttle is our saviour.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Austin Healy was and is a Bellend but could play both scrum and wing. Lyttle is our saviour.
That is true also, we too have wee-p who has filled in on the wing in a injury crisis, I seem to recall Irish 9 John Maloney doing similar, but that is pretty much a move that swift 9s can make occasionally.

As for that get Healy, I believe him to have been overrated as a 9, I think his overconfidence lured a few to into believing the hype. He was a fast but modest player.

I still hope to see Healy perish under the wheels of a pantechnicon before my own imminent demise. >threaten
cheese
Initiate

Post by cheese »

the chat seems to be this boy Stewart is to be the real deal and Ulster/Ireland see him as the future. I heard they will spend this season trying to bulk him up, let him play limited amount of rugby so he is ready for next season.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Austin Healy was and is a Bellend but could play both scrum and wing. Lyttle is our saviour.
That is true also, we too have wee-p who has filled in on the wing in a injury crisis, I seem to recall Irish 9 John Maloney doing similar, but that is pretty much a move that swift 9s can make occasionally.

As for that get Healy, I believe him to have been overrated as a 9, I think his overconfidence lured a few to into believing the hype. He was a fast but modest player.

I still hope to see Healy perish under the wheels of a pantechnicon before my own imminent demise. >threaten
Ian Humphreys once of this parish dealt with Healy, cant find the footage but it was a joy to behold
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

cheese wrote:the chat seems to be this boy Stewart is to be the real deal and Ulster/Ireland see him as the future. I heard they will spend this season trying to bulk him up, let him play limited amount of rugby so he is ready for next season.
Er so we have a potential scrum half who will spend a year eating lots and then potentially will be our starting 9 next season ?
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
cheese wrote:the chat seems to be this boy Stewart is to be the real deal and Ulster/Ireland see him as the future. I heard they will spend this season trying to bulk him up, let him play limited amount of rugby so he is ready for next season.
Er so we have a potential scrum half who will spend a year eating lots and then potentially will be our starting 9 next season ?
Sounds like a plan to me.....

A crap plan, but a plan nevertheless.
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

If that's our plan next season then we're just adding to the problem.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Rooster wrote:
I'd say the most likely scheme is that he'll sit on the bench behind Cooney or Marshall.