Connacht V Ulster Live updates

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht V Ulster Live updates

Post by Cornerfleg »

pi$h
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Marshall was truly woeful tonight, but he wasn't the only one.
Connacht wanted the result and got it. We played like we were entitled to the win.
He's the future ................... and that performance could be too. Glad I'm off at the end of the season, the rest of you can suck it up, the end is nigh.
At least there'll be plenty of room on the terraces next season, and I don't blame Small for that but the clowns in D4, still can't believe they have significantly weakened one of their own Provinces, when the numbers dwindle an Ulster can't pay the bills, when our best players are being flogged in France and England, I wonder will they still think it was a great idea?
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cornerfleg wrote:pi$h
connacht play their guts out and that's all you have to say?.....ImageImageImage
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Bassthingy, It's not cobblers! He picked the wrong team last week too and we got away with it. My point is professional sports teams shouldn't gamble with selection and depend on luck and the referee. That would be the height of stupidity.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Joe Schmo wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:A soft, soft, soft first half which as 1F says, is not acceptable and should never happen again.
but it will.
The last 4 seasons have shown us that it has, Repeatedly
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Diack is a back row playing second row and Henderson is a second row playing back row and Wilson is a number 8 playing like a front row .

The first try was a five foot gap between two back rows 4 feet from the line the guy ran between Wilson and Henderson and not a finger laid upon him .

And the last yellow card is the product of an in competent more deserving would have been Aki's head butt on Ludic even if it was accidental

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

Clear consensus that we deserved to lose that, through lack of direction, leadership and general poor play.

A couple of little asides :

Clive Ross has come on by leaps and bounds,is playing good stuff and well worth his place in the backrow.

Hendo, though massive, powerful and very good, is not advancing in the crafty/decision-making department. A player with that kind of international experience, even though he is still young, should have more rugby smarts. He did give away a couple of soft penalties tonight that potentially could be game changers. Great player with massive natural talent, but hope he starts to think more about the game. Muldoon could give him a few pointers. - I am prepared to be crucified by the faithful. :duck:
bassbostoncup
Novice

Post by bassbostoncup »

Gary wrote:Bassthingy, It's not cobblers! He picked the wrong team last week too and we got away with it. My point is professional sports teams shouldn't gamble with selection and depend on luck and the referee. That would be the height of stupidity.
big lad thats professional sport. Win luckily and youre weeker, lose and youre wick. Subtleties are lost in the passion, which is fair enough when you actually have passion . The right team selection is often only a snapshot for us afterwrasds.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Na, I agree re:Hendo, but he's only 24 and still loads to learn for his position. He has the skills just needs the brain. He was wrecked with 10 mins to go, gives everything and then some, just needs to think a bit more. Nice problem for Ulster to have though.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Hmmmm well that was a shocker but tbh I think we've all seen that performance from an ulster team every single year for far too long now. To me the following are the key points:

1. Far too often prior to a big Euro game I've seen UR players playing totally within themselves - it's a like they are trying to protect themselves.
2. Les rolled the dice last week and just about got away with it, you don't get second chances in life and the team and set up was a roll of the dice too far. I'm sorry but do we have the tinkerman at the helm here? A successful team is built on consistency and we look all over the place at the moment and Les has to take a step back here now and realise that fair enough at the start of the season you can maybe change it up a bit a some stage you need to settle so the players can get used to what they are trying to do.
3. Resting key players like Pienaar for thon tube Marshall is just arrogant and silly going away to the defending champions.
4. Some big name players just aren't doing enough, I'm sorry but as much as I totally respect the man and all he is achieved, however, either Rory is totally undercooked or he is very much in the twilight. Hendo has yet to really fire all season and doesn't really look at the races at the moment too.
5. Again no leadership and poor decision making when the pressure comes on, far too many of our players seem to implode, no one tonight seemed able to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, settle it down and start to ensure the right decisions are being made. .
6. Loads of individual mistakes that seem to become contagious. Been a long time since I've seen Paddy miss a kick to the sideline, sadly that was the turning point in the game.

I could probably go on but I'm too fed up. They'd better bloody well shake themselves up a bit, we have 3 massive games ahead of us and they need to aim for 3 very solid wins and 3 considerably better performances than we have seen over the last month or so.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hendo is lacking game time and match fitness.

Roger is too slow against and can't reorganize quickly enough.

Pete Browne, see Hendo.

Diack is mince

Black is completely immobile in the loose.

Few lads will parachute into the team next week. Touhy and Trimble. Olding and Charlie back.

One highlight was Kane and Warwick scrummaging.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

Anyone else think that Les is trying to prove a point to the IRFU by resting Ruan? It is the only way I can make sense of the selection.
bassbostoncup
Novice

Post by bassbostoncup »

Spiffsson wrote:Clear consensus that we deserved to lose that, through lack of direction, leadership and general poor play.

A couple of little asides :

Clive Ross has come on by leaps and bounds,is playing good stuff and well worth his place in the backrow.

Hendo, though massive, powerful and very good, is not advancing in the crafty/decision-making department. A player with that kind of international experience, even though he is still young, should have more rugby smarts. He did give away a couple of soft penalties tonight that potentially could be game changers. Great player with massive natural talent, but hope he starts to think more about the game. Muldoon could give him a few pointers. - I am prepared to be crucified by the faithful. :duck:
Why has clive improved.

P
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

pg106 wrote:Anyone else think that Les is trying to prove a point to the IRFU by resting Ruan? It is the only way I can make sense of the selection.
Nope. He's concerned by the lack of game time Marshall has.

Has anybody stopped to consider that, bar Ruan and possibly Reidy starting, that was the best team Ulster could have put out? Who else would you add into that squad that was available?
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

Marshall could have played in tomorrows A game. Id have been happy with that.