Mexican forwards

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Mexican forwards

Post by thecrouch »

Was watching mexico tear Northampton asunder tonight, and just had a wee glance at the pack they fielded.

McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
Toner

Triggs
O'Brien
Van der Flier
Heaslip

The blokes in red are all better than their Ulster counterparts, ok?

On the bench? There was no soft saffers or fat Englishmen, but rather Cian Healy, Rhys Ruddock and Jack Conan. Goodness me, three lads who'd saunter into our starting 15 without breaking a sweat.

Then I had a wee saunter over ther A team announced for this weekend and I got thoroughly depressed. Playing for them they had:

Porter
Moloney
Mick Kearney
Max Deegan
Dan Leavy

That's their A team, and every one of those lads is better than anything we have in Ulster.

Then you look at Jordi Murphy, out injured, would walk into our team.

Now I know someone is going to go "but sure we have the best back line in Europe crouchy!". Well, you look at their centres, Henshaw and Ringrose. Quality operators. Carbery is the real deal. Luke McGrath is quality and will only get better. Byrne looks decent on the wing. They have the raw parts.

Don't let anyone fool you lads, Mexico are back. They've got better players playing for their A team than we have playing for our first team. They're a million miles ahead of us, anyone who thinks otherwise can suckle on my plums.

There's tonight's depressing thought for you all. Mexico will be adding another star to their jersey in the next few years, of that I have no doubt.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Re: Mexican forwards

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Mexico will tear us a new one at OARDS. The other thread in the Ravens exposes the paucity of our "system" pitiful as it is. The only daylight forward wise is McBurney in a year or two, but it's a woeful return.
We are a joke, but an unfunny one. Kiss now sees the magnitude of the job.
Furlong btw will be a lions bolter. Him and Porter will dominate for years to come.
Dark days coming for us biys and weemen
Exterminate all rational thought
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Mexico will tear us a new one at OARDS. The other thread in the Ravens exposes the paucity of our "system" pitiful as it is. The only daylight forward wise is McBurney in a year or two, but it's a woeful return.
Furlong btw will be a lions bolter. Him and Porter will dominate for years to come.
They could form a monster front row. They are two seriously impressive young fellas.
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

Porter has to get ahead of both Healy and McGrath first... maybe we can borrow one of them :thumleft:

As for Furlong I don't think you can consider him a bolter anymore, hes one of the world's best tightheads now for my money. As far as Lions bolters go, I'd love to see van der Flier get in the squad, he's a class act, wouldn't put it past him either
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Sure Joe is a blue nose. How he picks is many Leinster players for Ireland I don't know... Ulster players overlooked every year. Suftum
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

I used to suffer from depression. Now I'm an Ulster supporter.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

It's almost frightening how well their forward production line has functioned, it's going to take a long time for us to get on that level, if we ever do.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mid ulster maestro wrote:I used to suffer from depression. Now I'm an Ulster supporter.
Don't give up on depression MUM, I manage both quite well at one and the same time.

My GP is a fine fellow, currently pumping 10 tablets a day down my thrapple, and that's not counting the migraine tablets. He's an Ulster supporter too, we both take 2 co-dydramol before kick off to numb the pain. Works quite well and stops the urge to talk about world domination.

I wonder will we beg Doc Dave to come back after Glaws sack him? Maybe human wreck John Afoa might come too, though don;t expect to get any more than 25 games a year out of him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Feck Mexico. We'll hoke em up here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
CIMANFOREVER wrote:Mexico will tear us a new one at OARDS. The other thread in the Ravens exposes the paucity of our "system" pitiful as it is. The only daylight forward wise is McBurney in a year or two, but it's a woeful return.
They could form a monster front row. They are two seriously impressive young fellas.
Porter came on for the impressive Peter Dooley in the Pro 12 game against the Dragons.
Porter physically could not have scored Dooleys try in the first half. He is muscle heavy below the waist.
He needs more game time and a re-tuned S&C program to stretch his stamina and mobility.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Dave wrote:Feck Mexico. We'll hoke em up here.
It's only our annual thumping in a match that matters in Dublin that is the problem.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Crouchy hears talk that there's a mexican forward heading up the m1 after christmas?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

thecrouch wrote:Crouchy hears talk that there's a mexican forward heading up the m1 after christmas?
Probably hear it all tomorrow
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Gavin Thornbury, a mexican lock. Just back from playing in NZ.

Don't think it's a done deal yet.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We are well stocked at lock.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?