Connacht 16/17

Join in the craic, and support yer team here!

Moderator: Moderators

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Re: Connacht 16/17

Post by Amiga500 »

Anyone see this?

http://www.the42.ie/nucifora-on-new-con ... 4-Dec2016/
“We’ve got a great working relationship there,” Nucifora told the IRFU’s website. “Connacht need to understand what they want as a coach out there.
and
“We’ve sat down very early on in the piece and laid out a profile with them; with the CEO Willie Ruane and with their [Professional] Game Board to establish the profile of the person that we think we need going forward.

Reads to me very much like Connacht have a very different opinion from Nucifora and Nucifora is going to rail-road them into accepting his view.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Amiga500 wrote:Anyone see this?

“We’ve got a great working relationship there,” Nucifora told the IRFU’s website. “Connacht need to understand what they want as a coach out there.
and
“We’ve sat down very early on in the piece and laid out a profile with them; with the CEO Willie Ruane and with their [Professional] Game Board to establish the profile of the person that we think we need going forward.

Reads to me very much like Connacht have a very different opinion from Nucifora and Nucifora is going to rail-road them into accepting his view.
Lam wasn't an IRFU puppet like Kiss and Cullen
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Amiga500 wrote:Anyone see this?

and

This should come as no surprise to anyone. Nucifora rules the roost.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Snipe Watson wrote:This should come as no surprise to anyone. Nucifora rules the roost.
You'd imagine his ideal scenario would be to have the 4 provincial teams contributing in equal measure to the Irish squad.
With Leinster's strength in depth already far exceeding everyone else you'd wonder how Henshaw's move there was sanctioned.
Or was that before Nucifora's rules took effect?
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

WeeWorld wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:This should come as no surprise to anyone. Nucifora rules the roost.
You'd imagine his ideal scenario would be to have the 4 provincial teams contributing in equal measure to the Irish squad.
With Leinster's strength in depth already far exceeding everyone else you'd wonder how Henshaw's move there was sanctioned.
Or was that before Nucifora's rules took effect?
What Leinster want Leinster get
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Maybe Henshaw said, if you don't let me go I'll head overseas.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

John Andress has signed for the Westies on a short term basis. Westies team is subject to the return of certain players from illness and minor injury. Changes may occur on match day! Injured / Unavailable (25): Ronan Loughney, Conor Carey, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Ivan Soroka, Conan O’Donnell, Ultan Dillane, Ben Marshall, Andrew Browne, Sean O’Brien, Eoin McKeon, John Muldoon, James Connolly, Eoghan Masterson, John Cooney, Marnitz Boshoff, Shane O’Leary, Craig Ronaldson, Stacey Ili, Bundee Aki, Eoin Griffin, Cormac Brennan, Cian Kelleher, Danie Poolman, Josh Rowland, Darragh Leader.

11 changes for Munster, still a decent side.
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

John Andress who announced his retirement just a week or so ago :scratch:
Having joined the province at the start of the season tight-head prop John Andress has today confirmed his retirement from the game.
Tweet

The 32-year-old Ulster native issued the following statement:

The time has finally come to announce my retirement from professional rugby.

After 12 seasons I no longer feel that my body is capable of the rigours that the pro game requires. I feel extremely privileged to have been able to live out my childhood dream. I am also proud of the fact I played in over 200 pro games for Exeter, Harlequins, Worcester and Edinburgh Rugby.

Although my time at Munster Rugby hasn't worked out the way I would have hoped for I am glad to have experienced such a special environment. I only wish I had been here in my prime. Munster Rugby truly is a club that embodies all the core moral values that this great game teaches us. I wish Rassie and the lads all the best and I am positive the squad will enjoy continued success.

I have many fond memories of big matches and occasions but nothing is more memorable than the people you meet and the bonds you share. The camaraderie in rugby really is special and unique, and will no doubt be the hardest void to fill.

Special mention goes to Belfast Harlequins, where the journey started, Andre Bester, Alan Solomons and Rob Baxter. These three coaches truly inspired me with their hard work, commitment and passion for the game, and in doing so, I feel they got the best out of me.

I would also like to thank my agent Shaun Longstaff who continually worked hard for me, supporting me in rugby and life.

Here is to the next chapter, whatever that maybe. I will continue to keep an eye on the game I love.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

The very same Mr Andress. Connacht's injury situation is bonkers, imagine Ulster trying to get a side out without 25 players!

Apparently, they were also refused permission to bring in Lam jnr as a medical joker to cover 10 because he is NIQ, yet down in Limerick...
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

colind wrote:John Andress who announced his retirement just a week or so ago :scratch:
Having joined the province at the start of the season tight-head prop John Andress has today confirmed his retirement from the game.
Tweet

The 32-year-old Ulster native issued the following statement:

The time has finally come to announce my retirement from professional rugby.

After 12 seasons I no longer feel that my body is capable of the rigours that the pro game requires. I feel extremely privileged to have been able to live out my childhood dream. I am also proud of the fact I played in over 200 pro games for Exeter, Harlequins, Worcester and Edinburgh Rugby.

Although my time at Munster Rugby hasn't worked out the way I would have hoped for I am glad to have experienced such a special environment. I only wish I had been here in my prime. Munster Rugby truly is a club that embodies all the core moral values that this great game teaches us. I wish Rassie and the lads all the best and I am positive the squad will enjoy continued success.

I have many fond memories of big matches and occasions but nothing is more memorable than the people you meet and the bonds you share. The camaraderie in rugby really is special and unique, and will no doubt be the hardest void to fill.

Special mention goes to Belfast Harlequins, where the journey started, Andre Bester, Alan Solomons and Rob Baxter. These three coaches truly inspired me with their hard work, commitment and passion for the game, and in doing so, I feel they got the best out of me.

I would also like to thank my agent Shaun Longstaff who continually worked hard for me, supporting me in rugby and life.

Here is to the next chapter, whatever that maybe. I will continue to keep an eye on the game I love.
Currently a very high profile case of a guy doing this in order to play union when he had a league contract ...
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Neill_M wrote:The very same Mr Andress. Connacht's injury situation is bonkers, imagine Ulster trying to get a side out without 25 players!

Apparently, they were also refused permission to bring in Lam jnr as a medical joker to cover 10 because he is NIQ, yet down in Limerick...
and one wonders why Lam is leaving, maybe he doesn't like the constraints from the IRFU
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Connacht being screwed by incompetent refereeing at the Sportsground.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Not really. A few decisions gone against them alright but the real issue is how sh1te they are. Munster not good in this game and still leading.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Shan wrote:Not really. A few decisions gone against them alright but the real issue is how sh1te they are. Munster not good in this game and still leading.
I should explain, I was reacting to the outrageous penalty given at the time (to go 3-6).

Maybe the rain was in Philips' eyes, because there is no way their hooker came in at the side.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Injured / Unavailable (21): Ronan Loughney, Conor Carey, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, Ivan Soroka, Conan O’Donnell, Ultan Dillane, Ben Marshall, Andrew Browne, Nepia Fox-Matamua, John Muldoon, Eoghan Masterson, Marnitz Boshoff, Shane O’Leary, Craig Ronaldson, Stacey Ili, Bundee Aki, Eoin Griffin, Cormac Brennan, Cian Kelleher, Josh Rowland, Darragh Leader.

Could be a long afternoon for the Westies in Swansea... >ESAD