ULSTER V GLASGOW Omniplex Thread

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: ULSTER V GLASGOW Omniplex Thread

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tedanica wrote:Thanks a lot for the response, very helpful, the standing option coming early sounds promising to me
( never mind cheap), seating on the knees depends on whoes knees obviously
And yes I will be alone.

BR is indeed the opposite to your stature Ted, can I tell you that having been a terrace dweller into my very late 50s, when they moved the terrace down and forward, at 5'9" on a bad night I really struggled to see to the corners on that side. Further when he says early he means EARLY, we got to the stage of being in the terrace 60 minutes before ko to get a reasonable position.

For you height I would strongly suggest a seat, as Solids says we are a good class of citizen in the Memorial, you can take your seat 5-10 minutes before ko with ease, great access to bars and importantly loos (a major drawback of the terrace unless you have a shewee, and all for about £10 more.

The answer to your last question is ........ beside an Ulster player, though more helpfully the back of the grandstand after the game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mid ulster maestro wrote:Holidayed in the mighty Butlins during the early sixties which entitled me, being a nipper at the time, to avail myself of entertainment provided by some Butlins club or other. It's name escapes me but was named after a furry animal. Beavers Club possibly. Saturday mornings were spent in the Ritz being entered by yer man rising up through the floor fingering his mighty organ and watching black and white serialised fillums like Flash Gordon and some western ones. Those were the days I remember fondly. For those of a sensitive disposition the mighty organ was a Wurlitzer. Ahhh, nostalgia ain't wot it used to be.
Is that a typo, or have you just come to terms with it over the years?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Tedanica wrote:Thanks a lot for the response, very helpful, the standing option coming early sounds promising to me
( never mind cheap), seating on the knees depends on whoes knees obviously
And yes I will be alone.

BR is indeed the opposite to your stature Ted, can I tell you that having been a terrace dweller into my very late 50s, when they moved the terrace down and forward, at 5'9" on a bad night I really struggled to see to the corners on that side. Further when he says early he means EARLY, we got to the stage of being in the terrace 60 minutes before ko to get a reasonable position.

For you height I would strongly suggest a seat, as Solids says we are a good class of citizen in the Memorial, you can take your seat 5-10 minutes before ko with ease, great access to bars and importantly loos (a major drawback of the terrace unless you have a shewee, and all for about £10 more.

The answer to your last question is ........ beside an Ulster player, though more helpfully the back of the grandstand after the game.
They realigned things last summer Baggy - Don't know exactly what they did, but the difference between the view from the Terrace and the Prom is now much less pronounced.

Re: weather - the lid on the stands actually does a surprisingly good job of keeping the terrace dry. You are at risk in the lower portions, but you wouldn't want to stand there anyway (below pitch level). If the wind is coming from an unusual direction, it can get a bit wet further back, but I look back with nostalgia on the days when I used to stand in front of the Big House fire in a cloud of steam after the game.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

What are ones thoughts on "the band"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Tedanica wrote:Ok I know this is wrong forum, but seeking for advice from experienced Ulstermen nad Ulsterwomen.
I am going to the game on 3th March for the first time ( living abroad) .
Could you tell me what seat should I choose? ( a little single woman 5 feet tall)

Tedanica I am one of many Ulster-exile Season Ticket Holders who though I might try can't make it across to all the matches. As it happens I won't be able to make the match on March 3rd so if you haven't yet bought your ticket, and if you can cope with standing on the Memorial Terrace then send me a PM with your email address and I will transfer the ticket to you. No charge but of course you must promise to shout that little bit louder to make up for my absence.

SUFTUM :red:
promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Flat-top wrote:
Tedanica wrote:Ok I know this is wrong forum, but seeking for advice from experienced Ulstermen nad Ulsterwomen.
I am going to the game on 3th March for the first time ( living abroad) .
Could you tell me what seat should I choose? ( a little single woman 5 feet tall)

Tedanica I am one of many Ulster-exile Season Ticket Holders who though I might try can't make it across to all the matches. As it happens I won't be able to make the match on March 3rd so if you haven't yet bought your ticket, and if you can cope with standing on the Memorial Terrace then send me a PM with your email address and I will transfer the ticket to you. No charge but of course you must promise to shout that little bit louder to make up for my absence.

SUFTUM :red:
:bowdown: :bowdown:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighter End wrote:You're seating choice will be limited and Ticketbastard will show you where free seats are available. You may be better to contact any of the season ticket holders here who actually sit during a game and ask if you could sit on their knee.
I would offer but I would probably get slapped by her indoors
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tedanica wrote:
All seats have an uninterrupted view of the screen/pitch. It's generally accepted that the Memorial end has a higher class of spectator. The nice people with high viz jackets will all have torches to show you to your seat if you're late. Best to arrive late and hence avoid watching Ulster go 7-0 down in the first five minutes. It remains to be seen whether tomorrow will be a horror show or a comedy. Either way, welcome home.
Ha ha , so I do not know now if I should come late or early...

I suppose standing on terraces you must be prepared for rain ?

Last question (sorry for asking that ..) where to stand to take a selfie with an Ulster player after the game?
Come back on here a day or 2 before the match and I should have a memorial stand ticket available free of charge, Flat top has the West terrace ticket and I would be pretty sure you will have a choice of either sitting or standing come match day.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

Come back on here a day or 2 before the match and I should have a memorial stand ticket available free of charge, Flat top has the West terrace ticket and I would be pretty sure you will have a choice of either sitting or standing come match day.
Many thanks guys! :fleg: >you_rock I will thankfully accept the offers. Though do not know how I will be able to collect the ticket a day or two before the game :scratch:
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tedanica wrote:
Many thanks guys! :fleg: >you_rock I will thankfully accept the offers. Though do not know how I will be able to collect the ticket a day or two before the game :scratch:
Simple the season tickets are all digital so it is just a matter of transferring them to your phone as an email.
Rory Best
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

Simple the season tickets are all digital so it is just a matter of transferring them to your phone as an email.
All is great, but I will not be able to print tickets later than on 28 feb never mind getting e-mail on my phone.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Flat top shagger as always

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Flat-top
Novice

Post by Flat-top »

Tedanica wrote:
All is great, but I will not be able to print tickets later than on 28 feb never mind getting e-mail on my phone.

I have attempted to transfer my ticket, hopefully you now receive an email and can either print or/and add the ticket onto your smartphone. Apologies for the name I used on the email transfer I just had to insert something to satisfy the system-bots.

Enjoy your trip

W.
Tedanica
Novice

Post by Tedanica »

I have attempted to transfer my ticket, hopefully you now receive an email and can either print or/and add the ticket onto your smartphone. Apologies for the name I used on the email transfer I just had to insert something to satisfy the system-bots.

Enjoy your trip

W.
I ve got it! Thank you a lot! >you_rock