Send Pip to do the negotiations
It'll turn him off us forever

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by scrum5 »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:For those who say Arno can't carry, I would refer to the fact that Marcell allegedly couldn't carry either.
TBH Looking at Marcel's stats suggest that he isn't really a carrier either but he is head and shoulders above anything on our books and much of what is around the Pro12 that is for sure. Agree scrum it depends what was asked and required of him hence we need a ball carrying 8 and he showed in 3 games he could deliver that..

As for Arno no tries in two full years of rugby and barely averaging 5 yards a game (I stand to be corrected because I can't be arsed going back to check the stats)....

Hopefully we are looking for something different because we have Henry and Reidy (the top tackler in the Pro12) plus Marcel who don't get me wrong if fit and can stay fit will prove to be a beast.

Hopefully our next signing will be a back-rower and not another winger and also be available for next season and we don't have to wait until 2019..
I'm glad Botha isn't joining next season for the reasons that have been listed above but when the plebs on here were bemused in why Ulster would sign a player with a poor injury record you'd have to wonder does Bryn know what he's doing, hopefully a Pedrie Wannenberg awaits in the wings.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:For those who say Arno can't carry, I would refer to the fact that Marcell allegedly couldn't carry either.
TBH Looking at Marcel's stats suggest that he isn't really a carrier either but he is head and shoulders above anything on our books and much of what is around the Pro12 that is for sure. Agree scrum it depends what was asked and required of him hence we need a ball carrying 8 and he showed in 3 games he could deliver that..

As for Arno no tries in two full years of rugby and barely averaging 5 yards a game (I stand to be corrected because I can't be arsed going back to check the stats)....

Hopefully we are looking for something different because we have Henry and Reidy (the top tackler in the Pro12) plus Marcel who don't get me wrong if fit and can stay fit will prove to be a beast.

Hopefully our next signing will be a back-rower and not another winger and also be available for next season and we don't have to wait until 2019..
I'm glad Botha isn't joining next season for the reasons that have been listed above but when the plebs on here were bemused in why Ulster would sign a player with a poor injury record you'd have to wonder does Bryn know what he's doing, hopefully a Pedrie Wannenberg awaits in the wings.
So you reject my version of events scrummy?
"From what I hear, the signing was always subject to a more rigorous than usual list of medical stipulations and was not supposed to be released until signed off, but was leaked."
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

No Snipe I'm not rejecting your version of events but if your version is correct I would have expected Ulster Rugby to already have another already in place in case this scenario materialised after all they must have had doubts over Botha's injuries, rather than...and I quote Bryn
"Once this decision was reached, we compiled an extensive list of potential targets and we will announce a signing to bolster the forward pack in due course."
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

scrum5 wrote:No Snipe I'm not rejecting your version of events but if your version is correct I would have expected Ulster Rugby to already have another already in place in case this scenario materialised after all they must have had doubts over Botha's injuries, rather than...and I quote Bryn
"Once this decision was reached, we compiled an extensive list of potential targets and we will announce a signing to bolster the forward pack in due course."
Obviously I'm assuming that Bryn is rational, well I know he is.
So I'm taking it as read that Bryn believed or was led to believe that the most likely outcome was that Arno would make a full recovery. Therefore an agreement was reached that included a lot of fitness related preconditions to protect UR from signing another sick note. So this situation was not expected, but contingency was made.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

What contingency, seems to me they shut the door after the horse had bolted, there must have been enough doubt on Botha to have all those preconditions....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
scrum5 wrote:No Snipe I'm not rejecting your version of events but if your version is correct I would have expected Ulster Rugby to already have another already in place in case this scenario materialised after all they must have had doubts over Botha's injuries, rather than...and I quote Bryn
So I'm taking it as read that Bryn believed or was led to believe that the most likely outcome was that Arno would make a full recovery. Therefore an agreement was reached that included a lot of fitness related preconditions to protect UR from signing another sick note. So this situation was not expected, but contingency was made.
Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't already have someone in mind to take Arno's place.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Botha was a largely underwhelming signing, so whoever is kicking around in mind is hardly likely to overwhelm us

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if he didn't already have someone in mind to take Arno's place.
It would make sense to have done so, but we'll probably never know.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

We'll be able to make a calculated guess though by the quality of the replacement who was on the extensive list compiled after the Botha deal fell through
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We have two top drawer signings and two from a lower drawer. I think this to be expected. As the long the guy has two knees.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Gerald the Mole wrote:See that piec of brad pitt nucifuckwank "has not time to do interviews" the man is a piece of brad pitt.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40001 ... rn_ireland
As an old relative of mine used to say ' what can expect from a pig but a grunt'

ImageImageImage
Mid Ulster ROB
Novice

Post by Mid Ulster ROB »

Apparently the replacement for Botha, the deal was done and dusted before the news of Botha was released and as to who it is, is to be released in two to three weeks time, this is all according to my source and he is pretty reliable
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Mid Ulster ROB wrote:Apparently the replacement for Botha, the deal was done and dusted before the news of Botha was released and as to who it is, is to be released in two to three weeks time, this is all according to my source and he is pretty reliable
A final push for season ticket sales ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
lw7
Novice

Post by lw7 »

Pierre Spies is as close as you'll get to a mature version of Arno Botha. In Arnie we dodged one overrated gym monkey and don't want the over the hill version.