A little bit of politics folks`

Fancy a pint? Join the crai­c and non-rugby topics here.

Moderator: Moderators

ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Re: A little bit of politics folks`

Post by ColinM »

Carwyn Jones reckons its outrageous, Sturgeon calls it sacrifice on the alter. The Welsh and Scottish Tories are towing the party line calling it akin to City Deals they have benefited from already.

The Shinners seem to sort of like it. Everyone has their price I guess.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Like a gay wedding that neither set of parents approve of...

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mikerob wrote:Like a gay wedding that neither set of parents approve of...

Is the boy in front of Mayhem gay as well?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

AFAIK the guy in front of the Maybot is Gavin Williamson, the tory chief whip. He was portrayed as a bit of a Malcolm Tucker enforcer type in the BBC's "Theresa v Boris" program the other week.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

mikerob wrote:AFAIK the guy in front of the Maybot is Gavin Williamson, the tory chief whip. He was portrayed as a bit of a Malcolm Tucker enforcer type in the BBC's "Theresa v Boris" program the other week.
D'ye think wee Jeffrey would like an "enforcer"?

Gavin Williamson sounds like he should be in the DUP.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:York street work to start asap
New a5 to keep the shinners happy
Couple of hospitals in rural areas

All good here imo
Get what you can from these tory kunts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I heard a recent Spotlight program highlighted the use of PPP/PFI's in the Health Service.. The new hospital in Enniskillen cost £400M over budget and was PPP meaning it will take 60 years to pay back what was borrowed.. but the amount wasn't £100M so where did the rest of the money found come from? and does everyone realise that this leasing figure comes out of the operational budget.. which is why cuts are getting worse...

Also some of that hospital has never been open and likely never will be..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ColinM wrote:York St.
Fast broadband so we can ditch sky and stream everything illegally
Extra for Invest NI to squander
Extra for health & education, and a bit more for mental health
The ability to syphon off unspent shared education money and spend it on more divisive activities :roll:

Failed on Corporation Tax
Failed on APD

Scotland, Wales and the English regions reactions anticipated

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... reland.pdf
Under the formula HMG will have to give Scotland and Wales what is owed.. they may try it on the QT or via a back door but no real need for discussion they must do it so will.. I hope Nicola thanks us for getting her another £5Bn ish...
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:

All good here imo

I heard a recent Spotlight program highlighted the use of PPP/PFI's in the Health Service.. The new hospital in Enniskillen cost £400M over budget and was PPP meaning it will take 60 years to pay back what was borrowed.. but the amount wasn't £100M so where did the rest of the money found come from? and does everyone realise that this leasing figure comes out of the operational budget.. which is why cuts are getting worse...

The problem is it has these private cubicles for patients which is all well and good but it requires more staff to look after and they don't have them, I know of 2 within the last few months who have left it and gone to work in Cavan Hospital as they deemed it dangerous to work in, they preferred the old ward system with 4 or 6 in a bay as if one took a turn in general one of the others would shout for the nurses, in private rooms if you don't hit your buzzer you are there till the next tour round.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:why do you think all these previously tested and safe tower blocks suddenly became so unsafe that people needed moved out?
Gross over reaction I would have thought on the cladding.
The gas one is strange though as I have mentioned before the isolation valves appear to be manual in all these buildings yet all gas valves in agricultural buildings have both manual and also flow rate based automatic valves that kick in when there is a burst or abnormal usage and they are situated outside buildings and also one on main supply point be it tank or mains.
Now they are suggesting it is the insulation and not so much the cladding.. this will develop and I hope any investigation is far reaching no matter how uncomfortable for some. Other issues will start to surface not least occupation of homes by third parties whether via dodgy landlords or human trafficking... Everything as you say rooster is now being checked forensically and likely to fail although I think there may have been some short cuts taken in every aspect including H&S and Fire Safety checking... I hear that some of the fire doors on Grenfell were damaged and indeed my first take on the original deaths was all from smoke inhalation and not fire or flame.. also many of those in hospital were being treated for cyanide poisoning. So I think a lot of interesting facts will come form this tragedy..

A friend of mine lives in Brighton he is an American and is back off in the states during his uni break (thats another story) and he first started to tell of a fellow student and friend that lived in that block and how he was safe and what a great person he was.. turns out he was illegal from Morocco not only living here but on benefit in London and with a grant in Brighton for studying in uni there..
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

All good here imo

The problem is it has these private cubicles for patients which is all well and good but it requires more staff to look after and they don't have them, I know of 2 within the last few months who have left it and gone to work in Cavan Hospital as they deemed it dangerous to work in, they preferred the old ward system with 4 or 6 in a bay as if one took a turn in general one of the others would shout for the nurses, in private rooms if you don't hit your buzzer you are there till the next tour round.
but Arlene loves it... any money going into the Health Service must in large part be to pay this yearly payments off and not go to anything else..
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:why do you think all these previously tested and safe tower blocks suddenly became so unsafe that people needed moved out?
The gas one is strange though as I have mentioned before the isolation valves appear to be manual in all these buildings yet all gas valves in agricultural buildings have both manual and also flow rate based automatic valves that kick in when there is a burst or abnormal usage and they are situated outside buildings and also one on main supply point be it tank or mains.
Now they are suggesting it is the insulation and not so much the cladding.. this will develop and I hope any investigation is far reaching no matter how uncomfortable for some. Other issues will start to surface not least occupation of homes by third parties whether via dodgy landlords or human trafficking... Everything as you say rooster is now being checked forensically and likely to fail although I think there may have been some short cuts taken in every aspect including H&S and Fire Safety checking... I hear that some of the fire doors on Grenfell were damaged and indeed my first take on the original deaths was all from smoke inhalation and not fire or flame.. also many of those in hospital were being treated for cyanide poisoning. So I think a lot of interesting facts will come form this tragedy..

A friend of mine lives in Brighton he is an American and is back off in the states during his uni break (thats another story) and he first started to tell of a fellow student and friend that lived in that block and how he was safe and what a great person he was.. turns out he was illegal from Morocco not only living here but on benefit in London and with a grant in Brighton for studying in uni there..
The cyanide will have come from the burning sofas plus also if there was PIR insulation involved behind the aluminium sheets. The PIR stuff is your typical Kingspan insulation board made from polyisocyanurate foam with foil backing, it produces cyanide when burned but takes a fair bit of heat to light it, the aluminium sandwich stuff has polyethylene in the middle and it just burns like candle wax but only gives off carbon dioxide and water.
Going back to my chemistry days it sounds like the polyethylene has melted then ignited the fixings and scorched the PIR boards giving off the cyanide gas, either one on their own would probably not have ignited in that way but the combination would work like a big candle, the PIR being the wick and the polyethylene being the wax substitute.
There was talk of a gas main burning as well which would generate plenty of heat especially if it was burning up between the panels and walls and that would certainly make the PIR give off cyanide gas.
Now that might all be ballicks as I'm not a forensic scientist but it is what you would get if those materials are mixed and burned.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Nice cosy deal the more you think of it, the DUP can claim to have been the pensioner's friend by the cancellation, for now, of the removal of the pensions triple lock, whereas the reality is that May has obviously realised it cost her thousands of votes from the wrinklies. Conveniently May can say it was negotiated away whereas I'd put Cocker's life on it that it was the Tories who wanted it in there to avoid a U-turn & there is no downside for the DUPers, indeed they can say they were looking after people UK wide rather than just extracting Britcoin for Ulster.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Rooster wrote:

The cyanide will have come from the burning sofas plus also if there was PIR insulation involved behind the aluminium sheets. The PIR stuff is your typical Kingspan insulation board made from polyisocyanurate foam with foil backing, it produces cyanide when burned but takes a fair bit of heat to light it, the aluminium sandwich stuff has polyethylene in the middle and it just burns like candle wax but only gives off carbon dioxide and water.
Going back to my chemistry days it sounds like the polyethylene has melted then ignited the fixings and scorched the PIR boards giving off the cyanide gas, either one on their own would probably not have ignited in that way but the combination would work like a big candle, the PIR being the wick and the polyethylene being the wax substitute.
There was talk of a gas main burning as well which would generate plenty of heat especially if it was burning up between the panels and walls and that would certainly make the PIR give off cyanide gas.
Now that might all be ballicks as I'm not a forensic scientist but it is what you would get if those materials are mixed and burned.
I was interested to hear reported on the BBC that the Fire Service had extinguished the original freezer fire and were walking out the building only to be advised the outside was on fire... presumably they had declared the building safe or at the very least were in the process of making that decision. It will be interesting to see how that fire then spread....
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:I was interested to hear reported on the BBC that the Fire Service had extinguished the original freezer fire and were walking out the building only to be advised the outside was on fire... presumably they had declared the building safe or at the very least were in the process of making that decision. It will be interesting to see how that fire then spread....
Here is the theory from BBC, looks about right, poor firebreak and sealing round windows no doubt.

Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Nice cosy deal the more you think of it, the DUP can claim to have been the pensioner's friend by the cancellation, for now, of the removal of the pensions triple lock, whereas the reality is that May has obviously realised it cost her thousands of votes from the wrinklies. Conveniently May can say it was negotiated away whereas I'd put Cocker's life on it that it was the Tories who wanted it in there to avoid a U-turn & there is no downside for the DUPers, indeed they can say they were looking after people UK wide rather than just extracting Britcoin for Ulster.
Plus with inflation on the up, its unlikely to make a difference in the next two years anyway. Cosy as you say