FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: FOLK

Post by Cockatrice »

ColinM wrote:Is that quip from FOSL really from 48hrs ago? Being sustainable is a far cry from WD but feck me what a load of twaddle.

Basically UR never knew what was good for them and putting the right people around either of McC or McL and sticking by them might just have been it.

I'm sure McL would have settled for a senior assistant role alongside a truly top world class coach but then there would not have been the space for Lord Humph in such a structure....up to the CEO to get these calls right

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Yes it is....

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 12507.html

as for sustainable I thought we were broke...
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cockatrice wrote:
ColinM wrote:Is that quip from FOSL really from 48hrs ago? Being sustainable is a far cry from WD but feck me what a load of twaddle.

Basically UR never knew what was good for them and putting the right people around either of McC or McL and sticking by them might just have been it.

I'm sure McL would have settled for a senior assistant role alongside a truly top world class coach but then there would not have been the space for Lord Humph in such a structure....up to the CEO to get these calls right

Yes it is....

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 12507.html
Jesus wept

ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

Time for the deluded Colonel to do the decent thing and head for the study with his Director of Rugby his pistol and a couple of bullets
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

ding dong2u wrote:Time for the deluded Colonel to do the decent thing and head for the study with his Director of Rugby his pistol and a couple of bullets
I'd be happy enough if they just resigned Dinger. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then again .............. >sniper
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It's almost 8 years since Fit took up his role, we are not too far away from that position now, scuffling along struggling to beat the dross of this league.

Hairyqueens are woeful in their league but today they managed to beat Sarriescum with a couple of late tries when they looked beaten, both owing as much to Sscum errors that nay talent.

That said I expect them to beat the living blue Jesus out of Ulster next week and probably the week after.

I'll tell you what, there is no doubt at all what we need:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTO7nXw4StY
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Good Morning Gentlemen, while its good to point the fingers at the CEO and DOR, the fact is , there are others in the dark corridors of Ulster Rugby who wield the real power, the ones that appointed the CEO, the ones who will always have the real power, sack all the people you want , but the likes of Cecil Watson and his cabal will always carry the real power, old men stuck in time who will always go by what school you went to, it's all a school yard game to them, they love their free trips, their free food and beer with their noses in the trough. These are the real ones making the mistakes and will never be challenged,the majority are elected over and over in slimey little deals done before their annual AGM, speeches made about what a great chap he was in school, and boom, your on a branch committee and your pathway is guided.
Ulster rugby us run by amateurs who in the real world would never survive, it will ever change. Me, I have give up on going to watch the games, the game that I once enjoyed,I just don't care no more.so to their PR machine that read these posts : #FOUR
"This doesn't look good Parker"
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

If they read here they might remove some of these from the web archives :lol: http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/7479.php#.WiUlQ1Vl9yw
The Ulster Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union has today announced the appointment of Mr. Shane Logan, as the new Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby...
The appointment has come at the end of a recruitment process that began in August, following the decision of Michael Reid to stand down as Chief Executive. Michael Reid continued as Chief Executive on an interim basis until the appointment of his successor, and will now hand over to Shane Logan, who takes up his position in the New Year.
A graduate of Bangor Grammar School and Manchester University where he studied Law, Shane Logan has gained a wealth of commercial experience over the last 17 years, in a wide range of industry sectors.

His first senior position was as General Manager of the world famous Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders, based in Belfast, which was followed by his appointment as the Head of Coca-Cola for Central Russia. He is currently Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind.

Aged 46 and married with two children, Mr. Logan has a wide range of sporting interests and still runs competitively. He has a lifelong commitment to the game of Rugby, having coached in his hometown club of Bangor and played for clubs in three different continents.

Commenting on the appointment, Cecil Watson, President of the IRFU (Ulster Branch) said: "The recruitment process attracted a high level of quality applicants for the position and was extremely competitive. Ulster Rugby is delighted to have secured the appointment of someone with such a range and depth of experience, and Shane will bring many levels of expertise to the position."

Commenting on his appointment Shane Logan said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby. I look forward to helping all parts of the game achieve their full potential and to Ulster Rugby playing a leading role in both Irish and International Rugby."

Mr. Logan will not be available for media interviews until he formally takes up his role as Chief Executive in the New Year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UR needs a root and branch clear out but that's never gonna happen.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:UR needs a root and branch clear out but that's never gonna happen.

FOLK
No it ain't going to happen... Even FEZ was calling for a systematic overhaul a few weeks back till the BBC reminded him what they had on him.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ColinM wrote:If they read here they might remove some of these from the web archives Image http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/7479.php#.WiUlQ1Vl9yw
The Ulster Branch of the Irish Rugby Football Union has today announced the appointment of Mr. Shane Logan, as the new Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby...
The appointment has come at the end of a recruitment process that began in August, following the decision of Michael Reid to stand down as Chief Executive. Michael Reid continued as Chief Executive on an interim basis until the appointment of his successor, and will now hand over to Shane Logan, who takes up his position in the New Year.
A graduate of Bangor Grammar School and Manchester University where he studied Law, Shane Logan has gained a wealth of commercial experience over the last 17 years, in a wide range of industry sectors.

His first senior position was as General Manager of the world famous Harland and Wolff Shipbuilders, based in Belfast, which was followed by his appointment as the Head of Coca-Cola for Central Russia. He is currently Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind.

Aged 46 and married with two children, Mr. Logan has a wide range of sporting interests and still runs competitively. He has a lifelong commitment to the game of Rugby, having coached in his hometown club of Bangor and played for clubs in three different continents.

Commenting on the appointment, Cecil Watson, President of the IRFU (Ulster Branch) said: "The recruitment process attracted a high level of quality applicants for the position and was extremely competitive. Ulster Rugby is delighted to have secured the appointment of someone with such a range and depth of experience, and Shane will bring many levels of expertise to the position."

Commenting on his appointment Shane Logan said: "I am delighted to have been appointed as Chief Executive of Ulster Rugby. I look forward to helping all parts of the game achieve their full potential and to Ulster Rugby playing a leading role in both Irish and International Rugby."

Mr. Logan will not be available for media interviews until he formally takes up his role as Chief Executive in the New Year.
Names his school
Mentions he is married with kids

Ticks all the right boxes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Don’t know about the accuracy of the detailed and person-specific comments of Lady P but I share the principle suspicion of the Lady that ‘the suits’ on the Ulster committees are responsible for the cosy, ineffective environment that cascades down the organisation and affects the players, too. We need hard nosed commercial direction-we don’t have it and never have had it. Ulster is not being run as a professional outfit. We all can see that clearly through the many faux-pas we witness on game nights let alone with obvious HR fiascos.

I presume IRFU, our ultimate controlling interest, don’t do anything about it as they are similarly run by such men in suits or, perhaps, it it is because they don’t want to rock the political boat up here. Money meanwhile is fast flowing down the drain while we “play like drains”.

So it seems that only the supporters might affect change given that the key players and local media choose to be silent. And the only way of doing that, most regrettably, may be to stop paying for season tickets, match day tickets, etc, and putting pressure on that way. But would the IRFU care about the diminution of Ulster Rugby? :banghead:
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 74954.html

Not exactly scathing but starting to ask the right questions and proportion blame
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

ColinM wrote:If they read here they might remove some of these from the web archives :lol: http://www.ulsterrugby.com/news/7479.php#.WiUlQ1Vl9yw

I laughed first time I saw that as I was at a dinner a couple of months earlier when Lesley-Anne Alexander was a guest speaker and introduced as Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

scrum5 wrote:https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 74954.html

Not exactly scathing but starting to ask the right questions and proportion blame

Excellent stat, FOLK:
How else can you explain the 28 league tries shipped in just ten games?

That startling figure is already more than Ulster conceded in the whole of the 2013/14 campaign when Mark Anscombe was head coach and the defence was designed by European Cup winner Jonny Bell, now with Gloucester in the Aviva Premiership.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

muscles wrote:Don’t know about the accuracy of the detailed and person-specific comments of Lady P but I share the principle suspicion of the Lady that ‘the suits’ on the Ulster committees are responsible for the cosy, ineffective environment that cascades down the organisation and affects the players, too. We need hard nosed commercial direction-we don’t have it and never have had it. Ulster is not being run as a professional outfit. We all can see that clearly through the many faux-pas we witness on game nights let alone with obvious HR fiascos.

I presume IRFU, our ultimate controlling interest, don’t do anything about it as they are similarly run by such men in suits or, perhaps, it it is because they don’t want to rock the political boat up here. Money meanwhile is fast flowing down the drain while we “play like drains”.

So it seems that only the supporters might affect change given that the key players and local media choose to be silent. And the only way of doing that, most regrettably, may be to stop paying for season tickets, match day tickets, etc, and putting pressure on that way. But would the IRFU care about the diminution of Ulster Rugby? :banghead:
UR aim to make up their budget shortfall with half season tickets on sale very soon

With the current dross on the field they'll struggle to sell those. Might make a few of them wake up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk