Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Who will decide

Post by Jackie Brown »

Lara Whyte on BBC radio Ulster. She's a westie, kept referring to repeal the 8th. Wants PJ and SOs careers destroyed even though they've shown regret.

Got 141 people to fund their advert. Any Season Ticket holders asked?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Jackie Brown on Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Jackie Brown wrote:Lara White on BBC radio Ulster. She's a westie, kept referring to repeal the 8th. Wants PJ and SOs careers destroyed even though they've shown regret.

Got 141 people to fund their advert. Any Season Ticket holders asked?

Ohh and Lara is a journalist. Generating her own story. She also now lives in London and has her own feminist podcast.

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Kofi Annan wrote:This is crazy to the extreme this lesbian/feminist militia only want to destroy men, all parties entered the court innocent and all left the court innocent except for one, her story was not believed and therefore one would have to assume she was untruthful.

the compliant said *I was not going out to get f"cked* and called the other ladies *sluts* but her language is fine according to the militia . Gilroy used the same words , will she be suspended by her employer/Uni, i doubt it, she is still a victim and the four innocent men are not, well let me tell you they are , they are victims of a hate campaign and would not be tolerated if they were not who they are

There is also a anti Northern Ireland angle of this by the southern Media and the population there with any real dissent here in the North coming from people with a slightly nationalist view (that is fact go look if i have offended anyone)

Ulster Rugby and its players should be vocal in their support, yes the language used was very inappropriate but is it any worse than McGregor calling people CNUTS on social media . A word i despise, but no feminist outrage , oh wait he is from the same cesspit the protesters come from so that okay then.

we need strong words from Ulster, but then we have a weak leader a man who has hidden from the media for nearly a year, if this was any other business or industry the CEO would be shoved to the front to explain or defend his staff, NO, we don't have that leader, his contempt for us the fans, and his staff is obvious, i believe they too think the same. Logan time to go , and i don't see anyone employing you again.

We are in a dark place now, results are sh1t, off field is just surreal, this is not the Ulster I love.
WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG................................
With the band..

Btw what cesspit are you talking about?
horslips
Novice

Post by horslips »

newseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Thats the news desk contact email. Get in touch and let the feckers know how you feel about the ad. I sent my email 5 minutes ago, it won't make a blind bit of difference but I feel better for it.
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

horslips wrote:newseditor@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

Thats the news desk contact email. Get in touch and let the feckers know how you feel about the ad. I sent my email 5 minutes ago, it won't make a blind bit of difference but I feel better for it.
They probably can't refuse the ad as long as it is legal.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Mac wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:There is also a anti Northern Ireland angle of this by the southern Media and the population there with any real dissent here in the North coming from people with a slightly nationalist view (that is fact go look if i have offended anyone)
The protesters aren't coming from rugby/nationalism, they are SJWs and they have their tails up big time over abortion and this case with its gory details is manna from heaven
That's why they are being deliberately vague about the fact that it's not an Irish justice system case
Has any else been aware or taken the view that we've taken the brunt or more than our fair share
of bad press from the "Tele" throughout this whole saga. Now I well am aware that it's the local rag
around these here parts and hence will always be to the forefront with local news. I've actually
thought this for a while now but have watched it closely since the verdict. In my past life @ here
with "The Papers" I had a series of news feeds set up to trawl all headlines about or around UR.
These pulled from far and wide & I still use these feeds myself on a daily basis for my own consumption.
I've looked at things and on a regular basis since the verdict & more than 40%+ of all negative press
on many days can be attributed to the BT. On the flip side I can also see that certain sports based websites
with a large rugby following have tempered their reporting since the whole social media war took hold.

This advert today has definitely cemented my gut feeling re the Tele and the trial in general. Surely
someone within had to make a call on whether this ad should have been run or not. I'd like to
understand their thinking given the who distasteful social media FU. I just get the feeling that
there are certain people just want this to run and run.

>threaten
Mac.
The belly laugh hasnt been a local paper for manys a year. It might report on local news but its owned by media mogul obrien from republic of ireland iirc. Sure, half the ur stories slag tbe team off. Rag
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dublin4 wrote:Jackson's statement is the most intelligent move he has made since the verdict.
It may be choreographed with the rugby authorities and I hope it is.
Olding got a lot of credit for something similar last week.

On a separate note, maybe its the general siege mentality up there but it is absolute piffle to think that southern attitudes are affected by "nationalism" or "religion".
In my day to day experience down here, men take a wholly different attitude to women about what happened. Nothing to do with traditional politics at all
+1
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

stickinout wrote:
Mac wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:There is also a anti Northern Ireland angle of this by the southern Media and the population there with any real dissent here in the North coming from people with a slightly nationalist view (that is fact go look if i have offended anyone)
The protesters aren't coming from rugby/nationalism, they are SJWs and they have their tails up big time over abortion and this case with its gory details is manna from heaven
That's why they are being deliberately vague about the fact that it's not an Irish justice system case
Has any else been aware or taken the view that we've taken the brunt or more than our fair share
of bad press from the "Tele" throughout this whole saga. Now I well am aware that it's the local rag
around these here parts and hence will always be to the forefront with local news. I've actually
thought this for a while now but have watched it closely since the verdict. In my past life @ here
with "The Papers" I had a series of news feeds set up to trawl all headlines about or around UR.
These pulled from far and wide & I still use these feeds myself on a daily basis for my own consumption.
I've looked at things and on a regular basis since the verdict & more than 40%+ of all negative press
on many days can be attributed to the BT. On the flip side I can also see that certain sports based websites
with a large rugby following have tempered their reporting since the whole social media war took hold.

This advert today has definitely cemented my gut feeling re the Tele and the trial in general. Surely
someone within had to make a call on whether this ad should have been run or not. I'd like to
understand their thinking given the who distasteful social media FU. I just get the feeling that

>threaten
Mac.
The belly laugh hasnt been a local paper for manys a year. It might report on local news but its owned by media mogul obrien from republic of ireland iirc. Sure, half the ur stories slag tbe team off. Rag
Half my posts on here slag UR!!

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Front page news though?

flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

Paddy’s statement hits the right notes and should go a long way towards defusing the heat. Yes, his behaviour was distasteful, but he shows a measure of contrition and acknowledgment of hard lessons learned which will be welcome to true Ulster Rugby supporters and which will allow the process of re-building his reputation and career. For the avoidance of doubt, I have never seen any reason why he and SO should not be allowed to continue with Ulster Rugby, provided there was a ‘not guilty’ verdict. But I did say pre-verdict that some indication of contrition and acknowledgment of having learned a hard lesson would help their acceptance by Ulster Rugby supporters of a more tender conscience. That has now come from both of them.

I believe it is now time for Ulster Rugby to show their commitment to true family values by fully accepting their players back into the fold. We all make mistakes, but thankfully for most of us those mistakes are never made public. Those of us who are Christians should be the first to say ‘there but for the grace of God...’ and we need to articulate what grace really means. Those ‘Christians’ who call for the players to be thrown out should be robustly challenged about their flawed understanding of ‘the good news’ and their denial of grace.

It’s time to face down the noisy few, to move on, and to get back to the rugby. Let the legal eagles pursue the outstanding injustices PJ and SO have endured, and let the rest of us see both young men restored to full playing privileges and responsibilities.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

https://twitter.com/LaraWhyte

On radio Ulster near start of this programme
https://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_ulster

Jayne McCormick giving her hell
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
west22
Novice

Post by west22 »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Yes, probably can’t refuse it, but to make it the front page headline, is stirring the pot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:

On the contrary me learned friend.
Newspapers and magazines often reject one-off ads and even whole campaigns.
While TV stations cannot make independent decisions on what commercials to allow (all TV ads are pre-vetted by the Broadcast Advertising Clearance Centre), individual print media organisations have the power to decide which advertisements they want to carry - and which not.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
stirlingwing
Novice

Post by stirlingwing »

i love it when rugby's a winner
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

ColinM wrote:
stickinout wrote:
Mac wrote:
WeeWorld wrote:

>threaten
Mac.
Half my posts on here slag UR!!

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Only half? You're an optimist!