Who will decide

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Who will decide

Post by Big-al »

Auld Mike Nesbitt stands down from the home dug outs, fond to leaving early though.
davejohnston
Initiate

Post by davejohnston »

Anyone started a kickstarter campaign, to fund an add demanding Paddy and Stewart get to keep there jobs ?
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

Polly Cotton wrote: Could some one ask the URSC to clarify their input to the advert from rugby fans in the telegraph
Just to confirm that the URSC had no part in the Bel Tel advertisement from “concerned fans”. URSC doubts that any of the 139 who contributed financially to the advertisement are amongst its 938 strong membership. URSC can confirm that it has received no calls from its membership to ban Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding from playing for Ulster Rugby.
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

URSC Secretary wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote: Could some one ask the URSC to clarify their input to the advert from rugby fans in the telegraph
Just to confirm that the URSC had no part in the Bel Tel advertisement from “concerned fans”. URSC doubts that any of the 139 who contributed financially to the advertisement are amongst its 938 strong membership. URSC can confirm that it has received no calls from its membership to ban Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding from playing for Ulster Rugby.
I knew it was the FRU! They're always bangin on about weemins rugby.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

west22 wrote:
twiglet wrote:I wonder how many of these 'Concerned Fans' that placed the advertisement in the Telegraph are actual fans of Ulster Rugby - or even club rugby.

Maybe they could enlighten everyone about their loyalty to either Ulster or their local clubs.
That’s what I thought. They don’t represent fans, so I’ve lodged a complaint to the Advertising Standards Agency. It won’t go anywhere, but just fed up with the ongoing witch hunt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well done sir, I commend you. I was driv8ng to Stroke City this evening when I heard the circus master of this full page of bullshite. I can’t remember her name but she resembled a mid Atlantic dickhead, described therself as a journalist and has to be pressed time and time again as to how may concerned fans were involved, 141 and I very much doubt if any have ever been to any Rugby game. The

I thought at the time I’d l8ke to decapitate her, that may have been a slight overreaction.

I would also like to thank URSC for confirming that no members of the supporters club are interested in this obvious nonsense.

I will take a full page response in robust terms should the denizens of UAFC feel they would like to see a vigorous response to this fake news and elect to crowd fund me.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
west22 wrote:
twiglet wrote:I wonder how many of these 'Concerned Fans' that placed the advertisement in the Telegraph are actual fans of Ulster Rugby - or even club rugby.

Maybe they could enlighten everyone about their loyalty to either Ulster or their local clubs.
That’s what I thought. They don’t represent fans, so I’ve lodged a complaint to the Advertising Standards Agency. It won’t go anywhere, but just fed up with the ongoing witch hunt.

Well done sir, I commend you. I was driv8ng to Stroke City this evening when I heard the circus master of this full page of bullshite. I can’t remember her name but she resembled a mid Atlantic dickhead, described therself as a journalist and has to be pressed time and time again as to how may concerned fans were involved, 141 and I very much doubt if any have ever been to any Rugby game. The

I thought at the time I’d l8ke to decapitate her, that may have been a slight overreaction.

I would also like to thank URSC for confirming that no members of the supporters club are interested in this obvious nonsense.

I will take a full page response in robust terms should the denizens of UAFC feel they would like to see a vigorous response to this fake news and elect to crowd fund me.
That's Lara Whyte

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
west22
Novice

Post by west22 »

URSC Secretary wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
west22 wrote:

That sounds like a great idea, the URSC and UAFC, combine for a campaign to get the players reinstated. £20 per member and we could have lots of advertisements from “Concerned Fans”

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Firstly, I totally agree with the sentiment.
However, I doubt very much that Philip Browne or indeed Aileen Bailey take the Belfast Telegraph of an evening. Even if they did, I doubt very much that taking an advert would weigh heavily in their decision making on this issue. The rank stupidity of Ms. Whyte is highlighted by the fact that she wasted her time, effort and money placing an advert in a newspaper in the wrong city.
Anyway, I'd be fairly convinced that the deal has already been done and Paddy's apology today was the opening shot in an agreed schedule.
It may also have been a contributing factor in tonight's remarkable on field reversal.
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

URSC Secretary wrote:
Can I assume that the URSC have made this known outside of this forum, has Adam or any of his media colleagues approached or been approached to clarify the misleading advertising.

Thanks

Concerned Fan
You may know my sister, Dot
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I actually think some of the social media hounding from these obviously well educated rugby fans will help change opinion if it hasn't already had an impact... speaking to one or two who previously sat on the fence they are now calling this a witch hunt that needs to move on...

On the advertisement etc the best way to deal with all this is to not ignite debate because that is what they live for.. having thousands of hits on their sites to make the feel important and that they have numerous friends and indeed fans... I see some class themselves as a mix of reporters, writers, producers and more which I can only blame on social media allowing anyone to call themselves a producer once they make a 20 sec You Tube video..

In saying that maybe the URSC should make a press statement pointing out what they have Kindly advised here..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:I actually think some of the social media hounding from these obviously well educated rugby fans will help change opinion if it hasn't already had an impact... speaking to one or two who previously sat on the fence they are now calling this a witch hunt that needs to move on...

On the advertisement etc the best way to deal with all this is to not ignite debate because that is what they live for.. having thousands of hits on their sites to make the feel important and that they have numerous friends and indeed fans... I see some class themselves as a mix of reporters, writers, producers and more which I can only blame on social media allowing anyone to call themselves a producer once they make a 20 sec You Tube video..

In saying that maybe the URSC should make a press statement pointing out what they have Kindly advised here..
I agree right up to the last sentence Cockers. The URSC shouldn't dignify the advert with a response.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:I actually think some of the social media hounding from these obviously well educated rugby fans will help change opinion if it hasn't already had an impact... speaking to one or two who previously sat on the fence they are now calling this a witch hunt that needs to move on...

I agree right up to the last sentence Cockers. The URSC shouldn't dignify the advert with a response.
Better it comes from them than a bunch of crowd funders claiming to represent real Ulster supporters...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Better it comes from them than a bunch of crowd funders claiming to represent real Ulster supporters...
I think everyone of consequence in this matter is quite aware of where the crowd funded advert came from and treats it with the complete indifference it deserves.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I confess to being very conflicted, my wife,son and daughter who have little or no interest in Rugby utterly abominate the disgraceful misogynistic language that the WhatsApp group appears to have considered perfectly normal. My daughter says she has not seen anything like it in her circle of friends, though friends have told me their daughters considered it reasonably normal.

They have no interest in the fact that it should never have been seen in public, it has been and it is revolting.

I’m with them so far, but here is where I diverge, and they are dismayed. I believe in proportionality. I believe 20 months of worry about being jailed never mind the comparatively secondary consequence of losing your job is a pretty fair price to pay for talking in luridly misogynistic terms in your illadvised social media expressions, which of course may or may not be a measure of your genuine beliefs and behaviours.

I believe that what they have endured over 20 months of a dubious prosecution and the stresses endured are at the very least punishment for what amounts to Orwellian thought crime.

I don’t expect everyone to forgive and forget, I doubt we’ll see it but I would like to see proportional reactions, not a headlong rush to demand that their lives must be completely ruined over inappropriate language and blatant misogyny.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

We, all of us are guilty of saying the inappropriate thing, the racist thought or words, the bigoted thoughts or words , we are all equal of wrongdoing that is to be human, Logan for example has admitted to adulterous behaviour, he openly confessed it to his Gideon brothers, does that make him less of a Christian, less of a person , no , we all every single one of us has let yourselves drop standards or values, even the heathen feminist militia , if they had honesty in their souls would admit it, some may even believe that the majority of their sexual preferences are an abomination to God, however I like most right minded people on this board, or this planet do not see it that way.

What irks the fûck out of me is this continuous berating of the LR4 , they entered the court INNOCENT, they left the court innocent , what part of that is not received into their thick skulls. Words are words,, just that. The fact that they would never say any of those words directly to any other person male or female would be a given, words are words and just that.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”