Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: Ulster V Ospreys SDC Qualification

Post by Dharper »

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCSPORTNI/s ... 1021228032

Well asked Gavin Andrews. Did he really think he’d be able to give a loganesque bullshit answer and not be called out. I’m really disappointed actually I thought there was more to him than what he did this week.
However I’m glad he’s now leaving, one less passenger going forward.
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Dave wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:So happy with the win you come on here for a celebratory 'get behind the team' rant. Enjoy your day.
What's wrong with enjoying the win?
Nothing. That's why I did not claim that there was.
There was nothing about my post that suggested you were there. This post, a bit like the last one, makes no sense. If I, or anyone else wants to come on and celebrate the win then so what? My 'rant' was nothing other than suggesting that those players that did well today deserve credit for their performance added to the fact that, as poor as the position that we are presently in, we as fans either need to decide to support the team as it now is, or move on.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:So happy with the win you come on here for a celebratory 'get behind the team' rant. Enjoy your day.
There was nothing about my post that suggested you were there. This post, a bit like the last one, makes no sense. If I, or anyone else wants to come on and celebrate the win then so what? My 'rant' was nothing other than suggesting that those players that did well today deserve credit for their performance added to the fact that, as poor as the position that we are presently in, we as fans either need to decide to support the team as it now is, or move on.
If you want to come on here and celebrate the win that's fine. I didn't claim to have a problem with it. It was merely an observational remark.

I'll spread the word about fans needing to decide to support the team or move on, if that helps. Again, enjoy your day.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Enjoy yours as well !!!
I enjoyed mine :stout: :red: :fleg:
Finished
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rovi Snave wrote:
Enjoy yours as well !!!
I enjoyed mine :stout: :red: :fleg:
Thanks mate
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

tom kite
Last edited by BR on Sun May 20, 2018 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Dave wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
If you want to come on here and celebrate the win that's fine. I didn't claim to have a problem with it. It was merely an observational remark.

I'll spread the word about fans needing to decide to support the team or move on, if that helps. Again, enjoy your day.
Hmmmm. Sounds a bit patronising but if that floats your boat so be it. Hope you really enjoyed your day too.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I did. It was a great win.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
How do we then object to the current regime with those two options?
So basically it's bury our heads in the sand as we are taken to oblivion or we walk away and forget about it.
How will that help?
Why should I walk away from a something I care passionately about because of the self interests of the current custodians of Ulster Rugby?
Sorry if itt irks the 'true' fans but I'm through with people p1ssing on my back and telling me it's raining.
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

Russ wrote:
Russ wrote:Are URPR piping in crowd noise?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They fecking are!
They've just played Sweet Caroline over the tannoy

Recorded at Windsor
Piped into Ravenhill

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Nope - up until the 20 min mark the only speakers working in the stadium were those in the Memorial Stand.

With less that 8,000 present (like the old days) the atmosphere was significantly better than virtually any other game all season - it's amazing what happens when you get supporters there who are interested in what is happening on the pitch :thumleft:
Finished
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Did we get a trophy?

Get in!

Super, smashing, great, what a day to be alive.

We will once again dine at the top table of European rugby.

Smell you later Clarke.

SUFTU >drinks >yahoo >dance
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Liz Fraser wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
Dave wrote:
promsandwich wrote:
How do we then object to the current regime with those two options?
So basically it's bury our heads in the sand as we are taken to oblivion or we walk away and forget about it.
How will that help?
Why should I walk away from a something I care passionately about because of the self interests of the current custodians of Ulster Rugby?
Sorry if itt irks the 'true' fans but I'm through with people p1ssing on my back and telling me it's raining.
I don't think that anyone has the right to define themselves as a 'true' fan and therefore attempt to denigrate others. The question you pose, about how to support the team while expressing dissatisfaction with the regime is not one that I have the answer to. I really struggled with whether or not to continue to attend in the aftermath of the PJ/Olding debacle and the general conduct of the Logan stewardship. Today I went to support the team. It is very difficult to know what could affect the upper echelons of the management, particularly when I saw the video of the stewards removing a 'Logan Out' banner from some supporters a few weeks ago. It seemed to me that those supporters were entitled to be there as they had paid for their ticket and that there was no legal basis upon which the stewards could remove their banner from them. I wish I knew an effective method for demonstrating against those who run the 'club' as we like to think of it. But despite the effort I have put in I can't think of any way that is effective and that certainly leads to the biggest fan disconnect from those that run the club that I can remember.
Last edited by promsandwich on Sun May 20, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Yep all the plastic supporters stayed away after all they aren't real ones... I turned up more often that Ulster have in the past couple of years but then what is a supporter these days?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
promsandwich
Steward

Post by promsandwich »

Dave wrote:I did. It was a great win.
:thumleft:
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I don't think that anyone has the right to define themselves as a 'true' fan and therefore attempt to denigrate others. The question you pose, about how to support the team while expressing dissatisfaction with the regime is not one that I have the answer to. I really struggled with whether or not to continue to attend in the aftermath of the PJ/Olding debacle and the general conduct of the Logan stewardship. Today I went to support the team. It is very difficult to know what could affect the upper echelons of the management, particularly when I saw the video of the stewards removing a 'Logan Out' banner from some supporters a few weeks ago. It seemed to me that those supporters were entitled to be there as they had paid for their ticket and that there was no legal basis upon which the stewards could remove their banner from them. I wish I knew and effective method for demonstrating against those who run the 'club' as we like to think of it. But despite the effort I have put in I can't think of any way that is effective and that certainly leads to the biggest fan disconnect from those that run the club that I can remember.
I presume there was not a single form of protest today or a raised voiced against the man who considers Ulster to be his property?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU