Munster V Ulster Sat 29th Sept 7:15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Re: Munster V Ulster Sat 29th Sept 7:15

Post by thecrouch »

#9 is irrelevant when your pack is getting minced.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but Kieran Treadwell really is nothing other than another Diack but without the lineout talent. What a waste. Ship him out.

Deysel is completely done.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

At least we weren't playing Leinster.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote:If Munster don't win by at least 20 points I will consider it entirely unacceptable.
Set the bar a bit low their, didn't ya? :roll:

and don't try to hide behind that "at least" :whistle:

Munster won a game they were expected to win ...nothing to see here - move on ...

and on ... and on ... and on.

To be fair, although I knew Ulster were weakened I didn't realise just how weak they are. They should be ashamed after that effort.

Munster weren't even great. They just had to play reasonably to ensure an easy victory. There were some decent individual performances. POM utterly educated both the Ulster backrow and his own backrow colleagues on effective back row play. He kind of had to after last week's efforts. Of course there are folk who like to lose who are whinging about him.

That scrum half looks handy and Carbery, one poor missed tackle aside, continues to endear himself to us Munsterfans.

Munster now need to perform against a decent team. They get their chance next weekend and I'd be happy if they were competitive as it is not a game I have any expectation of winning.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Ok, let’s not get all dramatic here. Yes brad pitt result. But , move on.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Kofi Annan wrote:But , move on.
Shocking suggestion. :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

This is beginning to read like a Facebook page.
What did we know coming into the season.
Shanahan we a wee boy in a mans world, we had little to no strength in depth but had a raft of young players with potential,we lost for various reasons serious experienced players and we needed a year or more to build a team.
We got lucky in our first 4 matches and showed some stickability but we were brittle and loose in defence.
Someone please tell me what has changed from these known facts.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

This is beginning to read like a Facebook page.
Shanahan we a wee boy in a mans world, we had little to no strength in depth but had a raft of young players with potential,we lost for various reasons serious experienced players and we needed a year or more to build a team.
We got lucky in our first 4 matches and showed some stickability but we were brittle and loose in defence.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

kingofthehill wrote:Billy Burns has done nothing for me to suggest the 10 shirt is his. He doesn’t attack the line at all,just ships the ball on while static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which plays into the Munster strategy of having fast line speed. Additionally, having a muck 9 who doesn't know how to kick, adds to our problems. Billy Burns is a young inexperienced 10, he has to learn.
Last edited by stickinout on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Bart S wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Billy Burns has done nothing for me to suggest the 10 shirt is his. He doesn’t attack the line at all,just ships the ball on while static.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People on here are quick to rubbish Carbery or even Keatley but Burns has not shown anything to suggest he is better or even as good.
I thought Carbery was muck tonight and was being carried. He threw one pass for a try and scored from broken play. He's a 15 masquerading as a 10....... Billy Burns is young and inexperienced but yet still looked more like a 10 than Carbery did IMO. Think back to young Paddy J when he had his first season.....

I haven't seen anything of young McPhillips this season. How has he been playing? Is it he who you think should be getting the shirt?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Shan wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Shan wrote:If Munster don't win by at least 20 points I will consider it entirely unacceptable.
Set the bar a bit low their, didn't ya? :roll:

and don't try to hide behind that "at least" :whistle:

Munster won a game they were expected to win ...nothing to see here - move on ...

and on ... and on ... and on.

To be fair, although I knew Ulster were weakened I didn't realise just how weak they are. They should be ashamed after that effort.

Munster weren't even great. They just had to play reasonably to ensure an easy victory. There were some decent individual performances. POM utterly educated both the Ulster backrow and his own backrow colleagues on effective back row play. He kind of had to after last week's efforts. Of course there are folk who like to lose who are whinging about him.

That scrum half looks handy and Carbery, one poor missed tackle aside, continues to endear himself to us Munsterfans.

Munster now need to perform against a decent team. They get their chance next weekend and I'd be happy if they were competitive as it is not a game I have any expectation of winning.
Hey Shan,

Apart from one loopy pass out to someone on the wing to score and scoring from open play, please edumacate me on anything that Carberry did to impress you? I didn't even know he was playing for the first 20 minutes, he was like the invisible man.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

skiboo wrote:This is beginning to read like a Facebook page.

Not much has changed. I have to say, i was quite impressed with some of the younger ones. A season or two of rebuilding awaits!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Skiboo speaks the truth. There will be worse to come.

That being said the manner of the performance will be unacceptable to many.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
horslips
Initiate

Post by horslips »

Let's not forget the headline of the final score. At no time has a 64 7 defeat to another Irish province been acceptable . Notwithstanding the relative strength\ weakness of the teams and irrespective of the competence of the officials the result is almost the inevitable result of the 4 previous games. For me this is a clear yellow card for the UR management from Cunningham down. pi$h poor squad players , weakness in the face of IRFU dictates and total incompetence in either recruiting a head coach or CEO says it all. Now who do I blame_ ?out
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

horslips wrote:Let's not forget the headline of the final score. At no time has a 64 7 defeat to another Irish province been acceptable . Notwithstanding the relative strength\ weakness of the teams and irrespective of the competence of the officials the result is almost the inevitable result of the 4 previous games. For me this is a clear yellow card for the UR management from Cunningham down. pi$h poor squad players , weakness in the face of IRFU dictates and total incompetence in either recruiting a head coach or CEO says it all. Now who do I blame_ ?out

It didn't have much of the vim and vigour associated with an interpro of old times.......
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Can I come out from behind the sofa yet ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best