Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Yoda
Initiate

Re: Mexico Vs Ulster KO 5.45pm BT Sport 3

Post by Yoda »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Was that in the lead to Lowrys disallowed try Dave?
Yes - think I posted about that earlier.

Ball ripped from Stu, but when it hit the floor it bounced back up to him. Ref gave knock on, but even BOD called it a rip and a poor decision.

From that the ball went out and Lowry went under the posts, but tbf, the whistle had gone and Leinster players stopped tackling, so woiuldn't go so far as to say it cost us a try. It certainly wasn't a scrum, and without the scrum, they wouldn't have scored the resultant penalty.

Even BOD said the decision against Marcell was harsh too - that's how wrong both decisions were. Home advantage!
The rip didn't happen in build up to Lowry non try, it was called back because of a knock on by Marcel in a tackle on Leinster back, they moved it out, lost it again, we recovered and Lowry went under posts but poite said no advantage from original knock on
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Frank wrote:
OldMan wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Well done to the lads you did your province/selves/shirt proud but Stockdale you fecking tube you cost us the game and you know it...
The lad looked devastated at the end of the game. He will get the support & he’ll learn from it
Yes quite Ulster rugby are renown for supporting their players in times of need.

Ah fur fûck sake Frank, you’d nearly think you were related to one or both of them.

I return only because I am astonished that you are all blind.

How come none of you saw Nick Timony being held by the leg by a Warren Gatland on the ground to make space for Cronin for their second try.

Neither did any of you appear to spot Ryan attempting to break Tredder’s wrist in the middle of a maul.

Don’t feel too bad Poite missed them both too.

Further though I find BOD an utter cünt, his cheat comment was not so much about young Cave, it was that if you are going to jump the gun, ie cheat, do it as a team, more chance of getting away with it. I’ll also confirm that he was more complimentary about. Ave in one hour than in the rest of DC’s career, the snide crooked gubbed jackeen cûnt.

Eh"....... that’s all folks.... goodbye and fûck all Mexicünts, I hope the French maim them. Bogtrotting bāstards.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

It was a fantastic match and, as I had predicted, Ulster were really up for it.
Stockdale was very unfortunate but he had a brilliant game all round.
We had a wonderful evening of rugby and the Ulster fans made their presence felt.
My only regret is that I fear Dan Leavy has a career ending injury.

This will be Saracens' year but it's great to have two Irish sides in the semi and a third one making substantial progress,
Truly Ulster has left 2018 behind it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Frank wrote:
OldMan wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Well done to the lads you did your province/selves/shirt proud but Stockdale you fecking tube you cost us the game and you know it...
The lad looked devastated at the end of the game. He will get the support & he’ll learn from it
Yes quite Ulster rugby are renown for supporting their players in times of need.

Ah fur fûck sake Frank, you’d nearly think you were related to one or both of them.

I return only because I am astonished that you are all blind.

How come none of you saw Nick Timony being held by the leg by a Warren Gatland on the ground to make space for Cronin for their second try.

Neither did any of you appear to spot Ryan attempting to break Tredder’s wrist in the middle of a maul.

Don’t feel too bad Poite missed them both too.

Further though I find BOD an utter cünt, his cheat comment was not so much about young Cave, it was that if you are going to jump the gun, ie cheat, do it as a team, more chance of getting away with it. I’ll also confirm that he was more complimentary about. Ave in one hour than in the rest of DC’s career, the snide crooked gubbed jackeen cûnt.

Eh"....... that’s all folks.... goodbye and fûck all Mexicünts, I hope the French maim them. Bogtrotting bāstards.
I've only watched the first half. I would love if someone could put a highlights package together of all the BS calls.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jackie Brown wrote:Image

I've something in my eye...

I wonder would Ringrose have received the same criticism if Leinster lost? His brainfart was worse. Our players don't have the hype train to fall back on.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Yoda wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
damianmcr wrote:Was that in the lead to Lowrys disallowed try Dave?
Yes - think I posted about that earlier.

Ball ripped from Stu, but when it hit the floor it bounced back up to him. Ref gave knock on, but even BOD called it a rip and a poor decision.

From that the ball went out and Lowry went under the posts, but tbf, the whistle had gone and Leinster players stopped tackling, so woiuldn't go so far as to say it cost us a try. It certainly wasn't a scrum, and without the scrum, they wouldn't have scored the resultant penalty.

Even BOD said the decision against Marcell was harsh too - that's how wrong both decisions were. Home advantage!
The rip didn't happen in build up to Lowry non try, it was called back because of a knock on by Marcel in a tackle on Leinster back, they moved it out, lost it again, we recovered and Lowry went under posts but poite said no advantage from original knock on

My mistake - you're quite correct. It was a different incident.

But as I said, irrespective, Lowry only got in because the whistle had gone and Leinster stopped.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:

I've something in my eye...

I wonder would Ringrose have received the same criticism if Leinster lost? His brainfart was worse. Our players don't have the hype train to fall back on.
To Jacob (I don't do any of those insti-wotsits)

You didn't let anyone down. You made a mistake. Abig one? Yes, but we all make them. Learn from it and move on.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Jackie Brown wrote:Time to go duff the Boo boys in Glasgow.

Cant see us sending anything like a team good enough to win in bootown. The Edinburgh game will be up there in terms of intensity with yesterday so 2 weeks to prep for the frontliners is required. They need to win at scarlets next weekend so cant be resting up which could make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Was Tredders out with the backs a new tactic yesterday or have I just not been paying enough attention recently?
We really did get the better of their pack, didn't we! They haven't lost too many against the head but that scrum was just glorious to watch. Onwards and upwards to Glasgow.

Having looked at the photo above, I'll say it again, Jacob, son, we all think you're absolutely brill.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Tbh I think that it may be for the best that we bowed out like that with heads held high - I’m not sure we have quite enough in the tank to beat Racing away, maybe we might have squeaked a home SF against Toulouse, but I don’t see us beating Sarries in a final. And I think potential results away to Racing or Sarries, or even Toulouse could have been ugly...

FWIW I thought BOD was fine on comms
..one more thing
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Columbo wrote:Tbh I think that it may be for the best that we bowed out like that with heads held high - I’m not sure we have quite enough in the tank to beat Racing away, maybe we might have squeaked a home SF against Toulouse, but I don’t see us beating Sarries in a final. And I think potential results away to Racing or Sarries, or even Toulouse could have been ugly...

Agreed
Losing yesterday in the fashion we did will be more of a positive than negative.
We don't have the squad to win the HEC so stuff it.
The boost that performance will give to our youngsters will be massive.
Coming out of a competitive away QF in HEC and going into the last three games with genuine hope of a home playoff in the league. Hands up anyone who thought we were going to be in this position after the farce of last season.... no, me neither. We weren't supposed to be remotely competitive.
This season has been far more than we could have hoped for and gives massive reason to be positive looking ahead to the rest of this season and next season with the additions of real quality.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Columbo wrote:Tbh I think that it may be for the best that we bowed out like that with heads held high - I’m not sure we have quite enough in the tank to beat Racing away, maybe we might have squeaked a home SF against Toulouse, but I don’t see us beating Sarries in a final. And I think potential results away to Racing or Sarries, or even Toulouse could have been ugly...

Agreed
Losing yesterday in the fashion we did will be more of a positive than negative.
Coming out of a competitive away QF in HEC and going into the last three games with genuine hope of a home playoff in the league. Hands up anyone who thought we were going to be in this position after the farce of last season.... no, me neither. We weren't supposed to be remotely competitive.
This season has been far more than we could have hoped for and gives massive reason to be positive looking ahead to the rest of this season and next season with the additions of real quality.
Don't disagree with the sentiment but it will be a right sickener if Toulouse can hold on in Paris.

Jacob is a big man in every way btw. What age is he 22? Absolutely nothing to apologise for.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Agreed
Don't disagree with the sentiment but it will be a right sickener if Toulouse can hold on in Paris.

Jacob is a big man in every way btw. What age is he 22? Absolutely nothing to apologise for.
Understand your thought process Snipe and Columbo but I don't agree, a win in a HEC QF and the experience of a Semi Final win or lose would be another invaluable day of education. Turns out it would have been Toulouse in Dublin, that's a 50/50 game for me.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Frank
Novice

Post by Frank »

Disagree with all the waxing lyrical of Stockdale on here. He does 3 or 4 outstanding things that stand out in the mind and look great on a highlights reel but does little else.
Needs to improve his work rate and go looking for ball as well as avoid overshooting in defence which Leinster exploited as both tries were on his wing.
Lot to learn but the sky's the limit.

Not seen much of Cotzee but reminds me of SOB when he was good.

In game summary Ulster, despite being much the better side don't know how to win those games against a 6 nations jaded Leinster team that do.
They should clamp down on the running down the clock as they did by outlawing sealing off thus reducing Munsters pack efficiency by half in the process.
Don't know what the solution is.
Maybe the ref just shouting BORING and awards the opposition a penalty?