Lord Chancellor

Re: SIX NATIONS 2021

Post by damianmcr »

Scumbags
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

An Ulsterman to blame is the first name on the team sheet for most so called Irish fans from Leinster and Munster (Jacob Stockdale knows what I mean). Did they not see POM stupid red card and JS missed touch from a penalty 15 mins earlier
LUMBERJACK
Novice

Post by LUMBERJACK »

Fair play to Sexton though for his comments about Billys kick at the end hard to tell at these press conferences but what he says
is exactly the case and seems genuine enough there. I am not convinced he's quite the Brennan he comes across as a lot of the time.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bangors wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:16 am An Ulsterman to blame is the first name on the team sheet for most so called Irish fans from Leinster and Munster (Jacob Stockdale knows what I mean). Did they not see POM stupid red card and JS missed touch from a penalty 15 mins earlier
Tbh, Stockdale's was worse,. being essentially an act of some carelessness.

Burns' was a genuine error, combination of too much adrenalin and a bit of a misskick. Seemed to come off the the edge of the boot and spiral into the dead zone.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Sexton is i am sure a nice guy -- his problem is/was an overdose of ego and attitude , in his latter days he is realising he too makes mistakes and is losing the natural touches he once had -- thus if he highlights the mistakes of others he may draw attention to his own failings -- which he would prefer not to admit .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

PoM I have never consider PoM to be dirty player -- like Brennan was -- hard and physical and willing to protect any team mate -- his weakness was a short fuse with an inability to hold back if deliberately provoked . I say was because he has been able to play 80 minutes without getting carded more frequently in fact it is sometime since he was carded.

I basically consider yesterdays red was a mistake in that he didn't realise the guys head was there when he started the run at the ruck but having started he couldn't stop.

PoM actually is only keeping his place due to line out work his contribution in loose play has decreased and there are players who may contribute more but lack the skill to be an alternative in the line out .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

The kicking game of Burns is not good enough to be international level outhalf. Yes, there was the little dink for Stockdale vs England and the the little chip for Ethan McIlroy in one of the ulster games, but his kicking execution is quite poor overall, with possession given away by poorly executed kicks from attacking positions, including easy takes by the opposition in their 22.

It is not just about 1 kick yesterday. He is a decent running 10 at times, but his kicking game overall is not good enough.

Ireland need to be looking at the likes of Healy, Harry Byrne, Frawley, Lowry to see who is up to the job by giving them some exposure.

I’d have Carty ahead of Burns or Ross Byrne right now,
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

POM was reckless and probably cost Ireland the game. However before people demand public execution it is worth remembering that the likes of Tredwell and Henderson and have been involved in other reckless incidents whilst playing for ulster.
Not condoning POM at all, but different in my view to a stamp or gouge or things like that.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Consoling thought for BB.
It could have been in a Schools cup final, and might have scarred him for life.I

But 6 Nations? Especially this year?
Forget it.
But not sure that Farrells supporting words were matched by his expression! Be surprised f if B&B wears green again.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:09 pm POM was reckless and probably cost Ireland the game. However before people demand public execution it is worth remembering that the likes of Tredwell and Henderson and have been involved in other reckless incidents whilst playing for ulster.
Not condoning POM at all, but different in my view to a stamp or gouge or things like that.
Correct. Doesn't look half as bad in real time.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:09 am Irish rugby fans are the worst. They are on Billy's Instagram account writing on photos from weeks ago. Terrible stuff. Other pros are pleading for them to stop.
Sectarianism Dave. Let's call the thing what is is.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Bart S wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:05 pm The kicking game of Burns is not good enough to be international level outhalf. Yes, there was the little dink for Stockdale vs England and the the little chip for Ethan McIlroy in one of the ulster games, but his kicking execution is quite poor overall, with possession given away by poorly executed kicks from attacking positions, including easy takes by the opposition in their 22.

It is not just about 1 kick yesterday. He is a decent running 10 at times, but his kicking game overall is not good enough.

Ireland need to be looking at the likes of Healy, Harry Byrne, Frawley, Lowry to see who is up to the job by giving them some exposure.

I’d have Carty ahead of Burns or Ross Byrne right now,
He’s certainly managed a few more successful crossfield kicks for Ulster than just the McIlroy one, although I agree that his touch finders have not been great. You’d think it could be worked on and improved.

Glad that he’s starting to use his running game a bit more often as he’s pretty quick.

Carty looks very good when he’s on it. Galway can’t be the easiest place in the world to play out-half.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Jackie Brown wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:51 am
Snipe Watson wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:34 pm Even if they relented and called Paddy up. I suspect he'd tell them to shove it.
I hope he would.
Nah. He'll take it like a shot. Why would you shoot yourself in the foot by turning down a chance to play international rugby and go to a world cup? I guess most of the players see it from his point of view with not a few saying, 'Phew, I'm glad they never read my texts or know what I got up to...'
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

solidarity wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:12 pm I'm glad they never read my texts or know what I got up to...'
I think we're all in the same boat Solid.