6 nations 22

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

volvo
Novice

Re: 6 nations 22

Post by volvo »

Definitely agree with Dave and Merv absolutely no comparison, what message would it convey? that a lying female didnt get her way in court and he was found not guilty of alleged offence! hasn't stopped funding or support for the east Belfast football team whose player was found guilty of worse offences and his on field exploits are reported and praised usually weekly in the press and online.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Comparing Paddy to Mason Greenwood is a scurrilous statement and is worthy of action by the mods imo.

What is this "background" that you speak of in relation to PJ?. Far as I'm aware it involved a sexual liaison between consenting adults and one fairly mild ( by the accepted standards of his generation, male and female) WhatsApp msg :scratch:

Anybody with a cursory knowledge of the incidents would have the wit to realise that the two cases bear no comparison whatsoever
Mods will do nothing. The recent influx of these opinion based BS posts should be dealt with. I'm sure moderator Baggy would have been straight in. These firm, rigid, concrete conclusions are based on loose associations from vague information "those messages" or "their behaviour". It's defamation. Hope the board gets sued to kingdom come.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

What a ridiculous post. I hope this is just some b@llbag trying to get his kicks by being a wum.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

No need for mods.
I will support anyone's right to be wrong. And in return I expect the right to educate them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It is worthy of note that THE TOXIC TWITTER account "Sue Me Paddy " has now been deleted and with the number of libel cases being pursued for statements made on line I doubt if any one of any worth would post or write anything at this time ,given the number of similar cases which the press has over looked.

Also worthy of note is the fact that Paddy has identified as possible out half twice on 42 ie and an adverse comment has yet to appear

Maybe he is less toxic than before.

The possibility would depend on the type of agreement made when they dismissed him . Because the fact is Paddy wasn't actually in an employed situation when the lying bitch made her advances as far as I could gather he was on holiday and between seasons not even required to turn up for training until mid august .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Godots bedpan
Novice

Post by Godots bedpan »

Dave wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:27 pm
big mervyn wrote:Comparing Paddy to Mason Greenwood is a scurrilous statement and is worthy of action by the mods imo.

What is this "background" that you speak of in relation to PJ?. Far as I'm aware it involved a sexual liaison between consenting adults and one fairly mild ( by the accepted standards of his generation, male and female) WhatsApp msg :scratch:

Anybody with a cursory knowledge of the incidents would have the wit to realise that the two cases bear no comparison whatsoever
Mods will do nothing. The recent influx of these opinion based BS posts should be dealt with. I'm sure moderator Baggy would have been straight in. These firm, rigid, concrete conclusions are based on loose associations from vague information "those messages" or "their behaviour". It's defamation. Hope the board gets sued to kingdom come.
Its not opinion, that facts are / his background is that he was charged with and acquitted of rape. Greenwood not been charged, yet. The facts are that the PPS felt there was enough evidence to go to trial at the time. He was acquitted but he didn’t exactly do himself any favours with his post acquittal behaviour, at least Stuart Olding read the room correctly at the time and seemed genuinely contrite afterwards. The facts are that the IRFU - as they showed by their reaction -had/ have zero appetite to be associated with anyone who has been charged with violent sexual offences. His toxicity to sponsors is evidenced by Diageo's reaction to his signing, they ended a 20+ year relationship with London Irish. Not wuming or trying to rile anyone, it’s merely a statement of the reality of the situation. If any aspect of the above is incorrect enlighten me. To me the notion PJ has a future with Ireland is quite frankly delusional.
The name calling is interesting & unwarranted.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

What was this "post acquittal behaviour".

To my mind he has behaved with great dignity and showed unwarranted (imo) contrition in his statements immediately after the trial.

If I'd been in his position I would have been absolutely furious and possibly minded to take civil actions.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Diageo had already reduced its association with Irish to a minimum already and were, I am told, very happy to end it altogether.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I'm not disagreeing with you, by the way, about the toxicity of PJ's brand. But it was the IRFU who contributed to that toxicity.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Godots bedpan wrote:

Its not opinion, that facts are / his background is that he was charged with and acquitted of rape. Greenwood not been charged, yet. The facts are that the PPS felt there was enough evidence to go to trial at the time. He was acquitted but he didn’t exactly do himself any favours with his post acquittal behaviour, at least Stuart Olding read the room correctly at the time and seemed genuinely contrite afterwards. The facts are that the IRFU - as they showed by their reaction -had/ have zero appetite to be associated with anyone who has been charged with violent sexual offences. His toxicity to sponsors is evidenced by Diageo's reaction to his signing, they ended a 20+ year relationship with London Irish. Not wuming or trying to rile anyone, it’s merely a statement of the reality of the situation. If any aspect of the above is incorrect enlighten me. To me the notion PJ has a future with Ireland is quite frankly delusional.
I agree with the assertion in your original post that neither Paddy nor Stu will ever play in Ireland. Not for the reasons you state.

1. His acquittal is a fact yes. It is, however, supporting evidence that he did not warrant such treatment by the irfu. The PPS presented the evidence which was put to trial. The evidence was tested and according to the jury, a not guilty verdict was reached. According to UK law individuals are innocent until proven guilty. Therefore any statement of illegality or even wrong doing is now not fact but opinion.

2. Post acquittal behaviour? Again, it seems to be your opinion regarding this. You haven't stated any detail.

3. Your original statement regarding Paddy: 'completely and utterly toxic'. Other sponsors did not pull out, factual evidence against your claim. Infact more have remained on board. There was no issue in France. I do not see the link as I find the term merely pejorative and defamatory. A needless personal slur. Diageo sell alcohol. Ironically, a toxic substance in many ways. If their opinion is important to you, well I find that very interesting. I do not see their withdrawal as confirming Paddy or Stu to be 'completely and utterly toxic'.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

In two minds about these two posts.... I can't decide whether I'm being patronised or condescended to ?

In the first instance however, to go back to StandUp's post @4.31pm, no one is disputing whether PJ will ever play for Ireland again, whether IRFU would want to invite him or he would want to accept. What was asked was whether IRFU would "actually realise how colossally stupid they have been re. Paddy (and Stu)". Well, putting your eggs in teh basket of a 36 year old and when he gets injured having to play a no. 10 who has had a grand total of not much time at all in the URC seems to be not an ideal position to be in at all..... And the entire Carbury saga appears driven by the consequences of the IRFU's actions over PJ & SO. Whether it is 'colossally stupid' in the short term, we shall see on Saturday. Whether it is 'colossally stupid' in the long term, well, as Leon Trotsky/Charles de Gaulle said 'the cemeteries are full of indispensible people'.

Where one might legitimately question the IRFU is whether their sights are set on actually achieving anything worthwhile on the world stage or just filling the Aviva. I'd suggest that the IRFU's comfort zone is pretty much papered with €200 notes (cf sponsors, RoI Govt money etc) - and the first post doesn't dispute that money has a big say. I would suggest that the route to the IRFU's nirvana does not lie through getting anywhere near being World Champions. I'm sure that they would say that morality has a higher price than mere money..... but as the song puts it "When The Money Talks What Is There To Say ?"

As for the posts themselves a few specific points:
  • there is a strong whiff of the 'acquittal means not enough to find them guilty' attitude. Acquittal is what the Court does when the jury has found the defendants not guilty - and that jury was unanimous in the not guilty verdict too. What the PPS thought about it is neither here nor there otherwise why bother even having trials at all ?
  • This does segue quite neatly into what seems to be a particularly southern attitude that UK/NI Courts (and by extension juries) are just not up to it in these sorts of things and with a proper system, like what we have down here, they'd have been doing 20+ in Mountjoy.
Which leads onto the patronising/condescending part: which is a more general attitude that those in NI are in some kind of unenlightened state (whether of mind or territory) and only the beneficence of those from DMW can save them in the long run. I do believe that should there be a successful Border Poll then there will follow a series of (almost) missionaries coming north to rid us all here of our antediluvian attitudes and beliefs. There will be a rude awakening delivered from all aspects of Ulster society to that sort of stuff (catch yourself on to the fore methinks being the politest).....

As for being called names..... ROFL. If Godot's bedpan is much like its Beckettian non-character, it's entirely empty and perhaps doesn't even exist ?
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

:banghead: Guys your being trolled - the name says it all - ignore him / her
Finished
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Godots bedpan wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:40 pm

I suggest you read my initial post on this subject.
Perhaps reading and understanding is a difficulty, but my question, as Westdr rightly stated was wether the FIRFU realise the chickens are now coming home to roost re. the Irish 10 situation. I didn’t question wether Paddy would play for Ireland again as I suspect he would rather eat his boots than play for the c¥nts that shafted him.
If you are big enough to post such nonsensical sh!te then you are certainly big enough to be called a b@llbag for your pathetic actions.
waggonsroll
Initiate

Post by waggonsroll »

WestDr wrote:In two minds about these two posts.... I can't decide whether I'm being patronised or condescended to ?

In the first instance however, to go back to StandUp's post @4.31pm, no one is disputing whether PJ will ever play for Ireland again, whether IRFU would want to invite him or he would want to accept. What was asked was whether IRFU would "actually realise how colossally stupid they have been re. Paddy (and Stu)". Well, putting your eggs in teh basket of a 36 year old and when he gets injured having to play a no. 10 who has had a grand total of not much time at all in the URC seems to be not an ideal position to be in at all..... And the entire Carbury saga appears driven by the consequences of the IRFU's actions over PJ & SO. Whether it is 'colossally stupid' in the short term, we shall see on Saturday. Whether it is 'colossally stupid' in the long term, well, as Leon Trotsky/Charles de Gaulle said 'the cemeteries are full of indispensible people'.

Where one might legitimately question the IRFU is whether their sights are set on actually achieving anything worthwhile on the world stage or just filling the Aviva. I'd suggest that the IRFU's comfort zone is pretty much papered with €200 notes (cf sponsors, RoI Govt money etc) - and the first post doesn't dispute that money has a big say. I would suggest that the route to the IRFU's nirvana does not lie through getting anywhere near being World Champions. I'm sure that they would say that morality has a higher price than mere money..... but as the song puts it "When The Money Talks What Is There To Say ?"

As for the posts themselves a few specific points:
  • there is a strong whiff of the 'acquittal means not enough to find them guilty' attitude. Acquittal is what the Court does when the jury has found the defendants not guilty - and that jury was unanimous in the not guilty verdict too. What the PPS thought about it is neither here nor there otherwise why bother even having trials at all ?
  • This does segue quite neatly into what seems to be a particularly southern attitude that UK/NI Courts (and by extension juries) are just not up to it in these sorts of things and with a proper system, like what we have down here, they'd have been doing 20+ in Mountjoy.
Which leads onto the patronising/condescending part: which is a more general attitude that those in NI are in some kind of unenlightened state (whether of mind or territory) and only the beneficence of those from DMW can save them in the long run. I do believe that should there be a successful Border Poll then there will follow a series of (almost) missionaries coming north to rid us all here of our antediluvian attitudes and beliefs. There will be a rude awakening delivered from all aspects of Ulster society to that sort of stuff (catch yourself on to the fore methinks being the politest).....

As for being called names..... ROFL. If Godot's bedpan is much like its Beckettian non-character, it's entirely empty and perhaps doesn't even exist ?
I thought it was the €500 notes that were usually mentioned in connection with alleged criminal activity and therefore not readily blanked.

Sent from my 5001D_EEA using Tapatalk

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Paddy destroying Bristol tonight. I doubt Carbery will do much in Paris. The fact we seem to be 2 injuries away from Lowry being an international 10 shows just how much the IRFU have fu(ked this up. 😂
Gonna Party Like It's 1999