TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by Neill_M »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:30 pm Wasn’t mentioned on yesterday’s 42ie pod.

He couldn’t quite stop himself from saying “unfortunately” after he tipped Ulster for tonight, but I’m sure we can forgive him for that.
Think in yesterday's one they said they were going to do a 6N Special later and it was maybe mentioned in that one or it is fake news.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Indeed they did - if someone pays my membership fee, I’ll listen to it!
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Rumours of a Leinster clear out at the end of the season. Likes of Leavy and Deegan not being renewed. Despite their injury record would sign them both up in a heartbeat.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

Kanbei wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:50 am Rumours of a Leinster clear out at the end of the season. Likes of Leavy and Deegan not being renewed. Despite their injury record would sign them both up in a heartbeat.
Can't imagine that, surely that would leave them very light for injuries & international window etc.

They've already lost Murphy.
Columbo
Steward

Post by Columbo »

Yes seems they’re expecting a big number of players cut in Leinster - Deegan, Dooley, Abdaladze, Adam Byrne mentioned, as well as Ross Byrne linked to France.

Pretty crazy that Deegan could go, I mean but for a few bad breaks and injuries, he would be with the Ireland squad - he’s an international back row, and a cut above any other of our options at 6/8 imo (excepting Vermeulen). I’d imagine Nucofora would be keen to keep him in Ireland, if this is true, and we are the obvious choice - a year crossover with Vermeulen, and he’s only 25. He’d be an brilliant signing
..one more thing
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Deegan would be a perfect fit. Always injured. Perfect. Fit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Columbo wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:00 pm Yes seems they’re expecting a big number of players cut in Leinster - Deegan, Dooley, Abdaladze, Adam Byrne mentioned, as well as Ross Byrne linked to France.

Pretty crazy that Deegan could go, I mean but for a few bad breaks and injuries, he would be with the Ireland squad - he’s an international back row, and a cut above any other of our options at 6/8 imo (excepting Vermeulen). I’d imagine Nucofora would be keen to keep him in Ireland, if this is true, and we are the obvious choice - a year crossover with Vermeulen, and he’s only 25. He’d be an brilliant signing
When Timoney was playing 8 while we waited for Duane, he was outstanding. I would rather have him at 8 than Deegan. Still, we need more SID and Deegan might be the option.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 67990.html

Frank Bradshaw Ryan, currently at Nevers in Pro D2. He had been mentioned by Bernard Jackman in a podcast recently etc.

"It is believed that Dan McFarland has identified the 2.05m and 119kg second-row as someone who can bolster his Ulster pack's options next season."
Bangors
Novice

Post by Bangors »

A replacement for Carter? Is he going home early?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Big unit but so is big G. I'll take Dan's view on him and hopefully he is a late bloomer.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bangors wrote:A replacement for Carter? Is he going home early?
Hopefully.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Kanbei
Novice

Post by Kanbei »

Dave wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm
Hopefully.
Would guess that Dave O'Connor and Kearney are away at the end of the season so more a replacement for them.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Kanbei wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:08 pm
Dave wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:47 pm
Hopefully.
Would guess that Dave O'Connor and Kearney are away at the end of the season so more a replacement for them.
Their contracts are up in summer, so seems likely FBR is a replacement. Carter has deal till 2023.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave O'C has already gone hasn't he? He'll be playing for a contract the rest of the season.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:58 pm https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 67990.html

Frank Bradshaw Ryan, currently at Nevers in Pro D2. He had been mentioned by Bernard Jackman in a podcast recently etc.

"It is believed that Dan McFarland has identified the 2.05m and 119kg second-row as someone who can bolster his Ulster pack's options next season."
Has anyone seen him play? Any good?