Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Post by BR »

Would have taken the point before the plane left.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Stormers v Ulster Saturday March 26 1pm (UK Time) Super Sport (SA) / Premier Sports 1 / URC TV (Not in UK/SA)

Post by BR »

Not over yet - they're playing extra time on the URC website apparently.
Screenshot_20220326-150931.png
Screenshot_20220326-150931.png (178.86 KiB) Viewed 930 times
C'mon Ulster! You've got this.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Thelaw
Steward

Post by Thelaw »

The problem is we did have it. The TMO not only went out of his way to make sure the try was disallowed he then somehow convinced Al the ref that the stormers knocking the ball on was their scrum. As I said weak ref allowed him to talk horlix
Dura lex sed lex
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Direct quote from the TMO when the ref asks if Reid loses control

‘He lost control of it as the guy hits it out of his hand’

Yet apparently that’s a Stormers scrum?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BR wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:19 pm Would have taken the point before the plane left.
Would have taken a pint before the plane left. South Africa next year has to be on the hit list for some of us. Cape Town some spot.

Have to agree would have taken a point before kick off, would have bit your hand off for one after 8 minutes.

Big game for us today is Connacht Vs Leinster, hopefully a home win and deny Leinster a point at the Sportsground. Connacht missing Aki and Hansen, Leinster still missing most of their starting XV.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
John_e_boy
Squire

Post by John_e_boy »

Thon TMO deserves a wee Belfast talking to.

We were patchy, as were the Stormers. Unfortunately the result hinges on a team-of-4 completely ballix decision.

How we arrive at a scrum Blue after the ball travels towards white's goal line is beyond me.
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

For me the ref bottled the decision at the end and the south africian TMO was determined not to change his original decision.

At the least it shold have been an Ulster put in or a penalty for a knock on in the tackle however the Ulster player was not tackled but the ball knocked on should it have been a penalty try.
Laws have changesd a lot over the years is the following still applicable.
"Knocking with intention - if a player deliberately knocks or throws the ball forward, a penalty is awarded to the opposite team. If the referee feels a try could have taken place if the ball had not been intentionally knocked, a penalty try is awarded."
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

My knowledge of the current rules the above still applies the ball was intentionally knocked out of his hands. Penalty try all day in my opinion.

Look at it in slomo he def intended to knock the ball free
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

volvo wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:34 pm My knowledge of the current rules the above still applies the ball was intentionally knocked out of his hands. Penalty try all day in my opinion.

Look at it in slomo he def intended to knock the ball free
Correct. Deliberate knock on, penalty try.
Disgraceful by home TMO.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:55 pm Would have taken a pint before the plane left. South Africa next year has to be on the hit list for some of us. Cape Town some spot.
But next year should be Durban and Joburg.

(assuming Celtic Rugby keeps the same format for more than 2 minutes - actually I can recommend New Orleans).

I did price a trip to RSA when the original teams joined the league. IIRC I calculated that a ten day trip would pay for itself provided we drank 7 pints/day. Did a similar calc this year and it was closer to twice that and beyond the consumption limit of this old man.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Welcome back Lukey!!!
Great to see. Wishing you a long spell of good health and fortune.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:56 pm Ultimately we were in control for large periods and it's our own problem for not putting the game to bed.

We were a lot better than to have let it come down to a 50/50 moment.

We weren't accurate enough.
Fair point. Still want to slap that TMO though.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Need to win next week now.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

StandUp wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:17 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:56 pm Ultimately we were in control for large periods and it's our own problem for not putting the game to bed.

We were a lot better than to have let it come down to a 50/50 moment.

We weren't accurate enough.
Fair point. Still want to slap that TMO though.
Agree. I just failed to mention the South African TMO.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Big-al wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:46 pm Need to win next week now.
Cardiff just did us a favour beating Glasgow, hopefully Connacht can do similar in the game coming up now. C'mon the westies.