Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2 TV

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by Dave »

Can anyone see Dupont (two point in english) scoring more than two points?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Toulouse v Ulster H Cup Round of 16 1st Leg Saturday April 9th 3:15pm KO (UK Time) BT Sport 3/beIN SPORTS/ France 2

Post by Big-al »

justinr73 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:37 pm Interesting selection by Toulouse.
Seriously impressive Toulouse bench.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

They've certainly left a few starters on the bench. Gives us a chance to keep it tight and put the pressure on them.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Big-al wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 1:46 pm
justinr73 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:37 pm Interesting selection by Toulouse.
Seriously impressive Toulouse bench.
You’re not wrong.

I like their number 23 - a quality centre.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Not sure what O’Sullivan has done to get the start. Moxham is a bit threat-less but hits hard. Other than that it is some team.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Big front row they've got on the bench there. Wonder if they were watching our games in SA and fancied their chances of trying to destroy our scrum towards the end like the bulls did. EOS starting ahead of Warwick based on what I've seen is also interesting, but hopefully he can get back to his form from last year.

Think Marshall was our best player in SA, so think he's very unlucky not to at least be on the bench, but understand the 6/2 split and Moxham can cover the centre.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:22 pm Big front row they've got on the bench there. Wonder if they were watching our games in SA and fancied their chances of trying to destroy our scrum towards the end like the bulls did. EOS starting ahead of Warwick based on what I've seen is also interesting, but hopefully he can get back to his form from last year.

Think Marshall was our best player in SA, so think he's very unlucky not to at least be on the bench, but understand the 6/2 split and Moxham can cover the centre.
Marshall is on the bench, standard 5-3 split - Doak, Marshall & Lyttle. Toulouse are doing a 6/2 split.
Last edited by Neill_M on Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

MightyRearranger wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:22 pm Big front row they've got on the bench there. Wonder if they were watching our games in SA and fancied their chances of trying to destroy our scrum towards the end like the bulls did. EOS starting ahead of Warwick based on what I've seen is also interesting, but hopefully he can get back to his form from last year.

:scratch: He is on the bench.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

HammerTime wrote:Not sure what O’Sullivan has done to get the start. Moxham is a bit threat-less but hits hard. Other than that it is some team.
Well he hasn't done anything. I wonder is it more of a combination issue. Whilst Warwick and Moore are probably our best scrummagers. EOS and TOT could be easily exposed. Just a thought with front rows rarely lasting the distance.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Roidster
Novice

Post by Roidster »

Stuck in Gatwick with a 2 hour delay. Easyjet roulette is not a nice game. Fingers crossed we get to Suftum...
Lionel Rich Tea
Novice

Post by Lionel Rich Tea »

I’m a long term lurker from England who’s in Belfast this weekend. Can anyone recommend a pub in the centre or south Belfast to watch the game in with a good atmosphere and plenty of fans?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Lionel Rich Tea wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:53 pm I’m a long term lurker from England who’s in Belfast this weekend. Can anyone recommend a pub in the centre or south Belfast to watch the game in with a good atmosphere and plenty of fans?
Errigle and Pavilion on Ormeau Road are good for watching the games. Laverys is closer to city centre and will be showing it.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

It seems I can't read. Live and learn... looking forward to tomorrow :fleg:
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Roidster wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:41 pm Stuck in Gatwick with a 2 hour delay. Easyjet roulette is not a nice game. Fingers crossed we get to Suftum...
You make it?

My train back to Toulouse from Montpellier on Monday has now bitten the dust due to strike action.

Hopefully the buses are still running!