Ulster V Leinster Friday 30th Sept

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster V Leinster Friday 30th Sept

Post by BR »

StandUp wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:43 am Any news on Stockdale?
Not great.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

big mervyn wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:00 am I really don't think Sexton is a rugby player.

Remember Nigel Walker, an international sprinter who played for Wales in the 80s? I don't think he was a rugby player either but life was a lot less complicated for wingers in those days.
Was thinking exactly that, gutted for him as he seems a great lad, but he needs to learn fast.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Bobbievee wrote:KOTH........very very harsh
Rumn/Skiboo.......if you are going to fill this forum with common sense, what will become of the other posters?
Yes Sexton should have scored, and remember he was required to switch wings and thus didn't remember to keep inside arm free for hand off and outside arm for carrying.
Imo Ulster didn't deserve a win or draw ( and a strange decisions to take the 3 points with 10 minutes to go, then take Cooney off. Who was going to kick the final conversion if we had needed one?)
I don't think at any time during the 80 Leinster were worried about losing the game. We are just not as good as they are or as well resourced in player depth.but that doesn't make Us a poor team, and being second to them is not the same as being second rate.
I will go back into hibernation now.
I stand by itImage. The try line gaffe annoyed me but not as much as the other stuff. He’s had his opportunity and failed to take it unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:16 pm Perhaps if there was some 2 bit tour he could have went on?
The fact that he wasn't selected to go on some 2-bit tour perhaps tells us where he really is in the overall scheme of things.

I suggest that taking him on the 2-bit tour and leaving Baloucoune at to play in the interpro derby might have been more productive for both players.

As it is, what has happened is that the Irish coaching set-up will hardly learn anything about Baloucoune on that 2-bit tour, and we have seen that Sexton is a long way from the required level as yet.

Many (including myself) have questioned why he wasn't used with the big boys earlier. Him and Baloucoune were in the same A-Team set-up. The fact that one has progressed and one has stalled maybe answers why he hasn't been selected more over the past couple of seasons.

I won't write him off yet, but it is worrying that he has been around the squad for a number of years, but has yet to make any impact in it,
Fair comment, capt. It seems that the 2 bit squad wanted players with more playing time. They probably haven't seen enough of him. Dan giving him gametime must count for something too. The reality is, we just don't know enough ourselves. Baloucoune is 25 and Sexton is 22. The thing about Baloucoune is, he is a great defender. One of the best I've seen coming through the academy. Sexton just isn't there, yet. In fact his defence is quite poor from what I've seen. We have seen players improve though. I'm happy for Sexton to be in and around the squad. A young Ulsterman trying to break through will always get an extra dollop of leeway from me. I'm sure he'll be delighted to know this.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

John_e_boy wrote:If a defending player causes the ball to go forward, even (especially) in a tackle, it's a knock on. Advantage.

If the knocked-on ball hits an attacking player's midriff, in the in-goal, and is grounded without further interference, it's a try.

Shirley?
That's what I saw too. We were robbed again.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

KOTH is very rarely wrong on a player evaluation, hope he is wrong this time though and it is in Sexton's hands to learn and develop.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

BR wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:50 pm
Not great.
Is that an assumption or a confirmation?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

StandUp wrote:
Not great.
Doesn’t sound good news. Whether than means weeks or months I don’t know.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ah balls!
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Ffs the question needs to be asked again, is there something going on with the surgeons we use or in our rehab dept. because this is definitely not the first time a player has come back from long term injury only to get knobbled again with the same or similar injury.
Get well soon Jacob. I can’t imagine how horrible this must be but you will have plenty in UR to share their experiences and support you. SUFTUM.
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Munster just awarded a carbon copy of the Sexton disallowed try. Consistency? :duh: >threaten
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

kingofthehill wrote:
StandUp wrote:
Not great.
Doesn’t sound good news. Whether than means weeks or months I don’t know.

It looked to be his right ankle this time. Didn't he have the surgery on his left last year?

Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye »

https://twitter.com/le_bu_te/status/157 ... JOtRJ6QHLg
Anyone else notice this? Surely a case for a red.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Hawkeye wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:48 pm https://twitter.com/le_bu_te/status/157 ... JOtRJ6QHLg
Anyone else notice this? Surely a case for a red.
I saw this at the time and was f¥cking disgusted that MacNiece either ignored it or didn’t see it. Either way he should be investigated for it because it was clear as day. An absolute joke of a TMO. I would bet my mortgage if Jacob did it to Henshaw, he would have picked it up and informed Brace.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Coincidence that Hawkeye noticed this? :lol: