Lions Vs Ulster Saturday 15th October 1pm kick off Premier Sports 1

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Lions Vs Ulster Saturday 15th October 1pm kick off Premier Sports 1

Post by Dave »

Back to the AIL. Or maybe the track.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

kingofthehill wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:40 pm
jean valjean wrote:Only one winger in travelling party which must mean that mcilroy is fit to play.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Sexton didn’t have 9 lives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back to Daddy Winkers Lane for some learnin'
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15
Emirates Lions v Ulster
Emirates Airline Park, Pretoria – KO 13.00 IRE & UK / 14.00 ITA & SA
Referee: Sam Grove-White (SRU, 28th league game)
AR 1: Jaco Peyper (SARU) AR 2: Griffin Colby (SARU)
TMO: Ben Blain (SRU)
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Carter and Izzy the only two second-rows ?!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Setanta wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:55 pm Carter and Izzy the only two second-rows ?!
Treadwell must be expected to be fit for the second game and AOC has travelled as well. Presumably AOC and Carter to start with Izzy on the bench v Lions.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 1:55 pm Carter and Izzy the only two second-rows ?!
AOC was left out from original list due to typo etc.
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Sutherland
Herring
O’Toole
O’Connor
Izuchukwu
Rea
Timoney
Vermulen
Doak
Burns
Mcilroy
Marshall
Hume
Baloucoune
Lowry
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Off the Top wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:30 pm
Neill_M wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 12:17 pm
Off the Top wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:05 am It's going be a tough game against the Lions and I think we will need a strong bench to finish off the game.

I would start with quite a few of the Emerging Ireland players (namely Doak, Flannery, Moore, Baloucoune, Stewart and possibly Izuchukwu) as they will have have been well acclimatised to the high veld by then. That means that we can fill the bench with our front line players for maximum impact.

Then for the Stormers (at sea level) we play our best team.
We play the Sharks away, Stormers at home this season.
Indeed - apologies :duh: . But the Sharks are still at sea level - so my point is still valid!! :D
Sharks must be below sea-level shirley?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

StandUp wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:50 pm I understand that rationale, but to me, if Ulster fancy themselves as potential champions, they should try to win every single game. Sacrificing a game would be horrible for morale and would send a message to the players and every other team that we aren’t good enough to win.
Correct.

That was the plan in yesteryear, but that mindset should be a thing of the past now.
I'm not arguing -
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:46 pm
StandUp wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:50 pm I understand that rationale, but to me, if Ulster fancy themselves as potential champions, they should try to win every single game. Sacrificing a game would be horrible for morale and would send a message to the players and every other team that we aren’t good enough to win.
Correct.

That was the plan in yesteryear, but that mindset should be a thing of the past now.
Indeed, Cap’n. I am assuming your” yesteryear “ in an anagram of “Les kiss”. >EW
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

10 or 15 only wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:04 pm
Correct.

Indeed, Cap’n. I am assuming your” yesteryear “ in an anagram of “Les kiss”. >EW
Les kiss wasn't the only one, but bear in mind in the past we did have to target results and put up with a few hidings, but if we're talking of winning silverware, as we seem to be, we should be competing in every match now.

Do I think we are going to win silverware? Nah, but I'd rather we tried, and I'm happy to be proved wrong.
I'm not arguing -
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
10 or 15 only wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:04 pm
Correct.

Les kiss wasn't the only one, but bear in mind in the past we did have to target results and put up with a few hidings, but if we're talking of winning silverware, as we seem to be, we should be competing in every match now.

Do I think we are going to win silverware? Nah, but I'd rather we tried, and I'm happy to be proved wrong.
The days of throwing 13 youngsters to the wolves are over but unless you have a squad like leinster there will always be a risk of turning what should be an 80% chance of a win into a 50/50 game via Selection. The need to manage 8-10 key players who we need available on the big occasions will always dictate Selection and is probably well mapped out in advance.

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

kUD
Novice

Post by kUD »

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/bone-collector-back-lions/

Lions – 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Edwill van der Merwe, 13 Henco van Wyk, 12 Marius Louw, 11 Quan Horn, 10 Gianni Lombard, 9 Sanele Nohamba, 8 Francke Horn, 7 Ruan Venter, 6 Emmanuel Tshituka, 5 Reinhard Nothnagel (c), 4 Willem Alberts, 3 Ruan Dreyer, 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 JP Smith.
Subs: 16 PJ Botha, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Ruan Smith, 19 Pieter Jansen van Vuren, 20 Sibusiso Sangweni, 21 Morne van den Berg, 22 Jordan Hendrikse, 23 Zander du Plessis

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

"The Bone Collector" Willem Alberts is now 38 years young, his first game for 8 months.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:"The Bone Collector" Willem Alberts is now 38 years young, his first game for 8 months.
The pension collector will probably still rattle a few bones.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?