What do you know?? Talk to us here!

Moderator: Moderators

horslips
Initiate

Re: TRANSFER RUMOURS!!

Post by horslips »

Dave wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:10 pm
horslips wrote:
Dave wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:28 pm Let's just say Ulster are not toiting around
i think I'm seeing red now.
You'll have PSDT soon.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
STO SURSUM PRO ULSTERMEN
pip14
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by pip14 »

Few rumours on Twitter this morning at Quinn Roux and PSDT heading to Ireland next season
You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

That will annoy the unionists. They will say Pieter Steph Du Toit is going to Belfast. That is in the British United Brexit Kingdom.

May as well sell the Falklands.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Dave wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:22 pm That will annoy the unionists. They will say Pieter Steph Du Toit is going to Belfast. That is in the British United Brexit Kingdom.

🙄
Heard Eric O’Sullivan being let go. Also, looking rid of rob lyttle but he wants to stay and will accept very little £. Happy enough to see O’Sullivan go he’s going backwards but Lyttle would be a loss. Especially if there is going to be an A league next year.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

HammerTime wrote:
Dave wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:22 pm That will annoy the unionists. They will say Pieter Steph Du Toit is going to Belfast. That is in the British United Brexit Kingdom.

Heard Eric O’Sullivan being let go. Also, looking rid of rob lyttle but he wants to stay and will accept very little £. Happy enough to see O’Sullivan go he’s going backwards but Lyttle would be a loss. Especially if there is going to be an A league next year.
Harsh on Lyttle. He's better than McIlroy.
mea97mb
Squire

Post by mea97mb »

Dave wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:36 pm
HammerTime wrote:

I'd heard the opposite regarding Lyttle, I was told he had offers elsewhere including Connacht last year and was keen but Ulster wouldn't let him out of contract early. Maybe if contract is up this year we aren't keen to renew.
SUFTUM_19
Novice

Post by SUFTUM_19 »

Think it would be a shame for either of them to be let go, neither are going to be world class but don’t recall either of them ever letting us down - not first choice but really solid squad players who you wouldn’t be worried about starting a big European game if injuries happened. Lyttle is a much better winger than Gilroy, Moxham and Sexton.

And I think we forget that EOS was absolutely brilliant a few seasons ago, completely made that 1 jersey his own and never really seemed to suffer from the same scrum teething issues as O’Toole. he has since regressed, but imo he has enough credit in the bank to try rediscover that form. Reid is the future, but If Sutherland is out for the next few weeks, and Warwick goes off injured in the first minute against Leinster/Sale/La Rochelle, i know who I’d rather see coming off the bench.
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Would be surprised to see EOS being let go, unless he has got a big offer from elsewhere. As has been said, recent form hasn't been great, but unless there is some sort of underlying reason we don't know about, he's still young for a prop, show that he is capable of hitting a high level and surely worth a squad place. Not sure who that would leave behind Warwick, Reid and Kitschoff? Is there supposed to be a good young'un coming through we want to get a bit of game time?
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Dave wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:36 pm
HammerTime wrote:

I think you are unfortunately correct. Mcilroy is a fantastic player, but just doesn’t have the pace.
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

I reckon this EOS rumour is purely someone conjecturing based on Kitshoff signing.

We are stacked on the wing, so someone will eventually have to leave there.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63811086
Don't mind if he becomes a Scot, so long as he stays with us for another season at least.
Actually, as a newcomer, I don't really fancy his chances of getting many Scots caps.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Will Connors coming to Ulster next season according to Brent Pope on Off The Ball

Source - Some fella on Bakebook
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Would be amazing
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

No chance this is true, IMO.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

If true, he will have to seriously brush up his ability to crumble under pressure.