Any word on the Academy?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Re: Any word on the Academy?

Post by StandUp »

nonplussed wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:41 pm He'd need to learn to keep his mouth shut if he wants to progress. Hes one on the lippiest players ive seen in aeons... And tbh i dont think hes good enough. Clem Boyds lad is streets ahead of him and younger
Young Jacob is definitely one to watch.
jacothelad
Novice

Post by jacothelad »

Doak is a dull player. Just like his dad. Not a bad player but sluggardly and lacking in spark. Would make a good but slow full back., Just like Lowry has talent but is actually not really good enough in the final ananysis. Couldn't kick snow off ROPE,
UlsterAreBrill
Initiate

Post by UlsterAreBrill »

StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm
nonplussed wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:41 pm He'd need to learn to keep his mouth shut if he wants to progress. Hes one on the lippiest players ive seen in aeons... And tbh i dont think hes good enough. Clem Boyds lad is streets ahead of him and younger
Jacob Boyd is prop
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

So is Cameron Doak... The one we referring to.... 🙄
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

UlsterAreBrill wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:34 am
StandUp wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Jacob Boyd is prop
🙄
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

There's a few in that RBAI team with family connections Dan Sopers kid a scrum half, Bryn Ward son of Andy and then of course PROP Jacob Boyd son of Clem already mentioned.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

interesting to see under-20 Joe Charles was starting tighthead at the weekend for Hinch.

George Saunderson and Callum Reid started for their clubs at loosehead.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Ulster Rugby reject Zach Kerr, well done Zach Kerr

https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/new ... h-falcons
Newcastle Falcons back Zach Kerr has signed a new two-year contract to remain with the Kingston Park club.

The 23-year-old has scored two tries in his 11 appearances for the Falcons, playing at wing and centre, and is in the final year of a law degree at Newcastle University.

The Northern Irish native said: “I’ve signed on for another two seasons, which I’m over the moon about.

“It’s a great place to play rugby, and with the squad we’re building and the results we’re starting to get it’s just a positive environment to be in. I’m excited about what’s in store for the Falcons over the next couple of seasons, and then away from rugby it’s a great place to live.”

Kerr has played five times for the Falcons this season, explaining: “This is my third season in the senior academy, and I’ve loved that time.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:02 am Ulster Rugby reject Zach Kerr, well done Zach Kerr

https://www.newcastlefalcons.co.uk/new ... h-falcons
Newcastle Falcons back Zach Kerr has signed a new two-year contract to remain with the Kingston Park club.

The 23-year-old has scored two tries in his 11 appearances for the Falcons, playing at wing and centre, and is in the final year of a law degree at Newcastle University.

The Northern Irish native said: “I’ve signed on for another two seasons, which I’m over the moon about.

“It’s a great place to play rugby, and with the squad we’re building and the results we’re starting to get it’s just a positive environment to be in. I’m excited about what’s in store for the Falcons over the next couple of seasons, and then away from rugby it’s a great place to live.”

Kerr has played five times for the Falcons this season, explaining: “This is my third season in the senior academy, and I’ve loved that time.
Looking forward to seeing him line out for Scotland soon.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Bayern wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:40 am interesting to see under-20 Joe Charles was starting tighthead at the weekend for Hinch.

George Saunderson and Callum Reid started for their clubs at loosehead.
Calum Reid bouncing boys all over the park v top of the table team Buccaneers.
ljsulster
Novice

Post by ljsulster »

Academy graduates
James mccormick
Harry Sheridan
Reuben Crothers- not sure

Ben Carson not getting a contract
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

ljsulster wrote:Academy graduates
James mccormick
Harry Sheridan

100% could of told you who would make it 3 years ago.

Crothers will be plying for Ealing or jersey.
McCormick won’t be a pro.
Carson shouldn’t of made the academy.
Sheridan wasn’t offered a place in the academy as far as I remember. Trinity u20s made him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
launish116
Initiate

Post by launish116 »

kingofthehill wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm
Sheridan wasn’t offered a place in the academy as far as I remember. Trinity u20s made him.
King what is the issue that the likes of the above who excelled at U20 (Carson aside), but just can't push on with Ulster? It's not like we haven't had a few forwards who looked great at under u20 to go to the academy to disappear.

Why won't Crothers make the cut? is it a size issue? Highly rated captain to nothing with Ulster.
Bayern
Steward

Post by Bayern »

ljsulster wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:40 am Academy graduates
James mccormick
Harry Sheridan

Has crothers played this season?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

launish116 wrote:
kingofthehill wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:34 pm
King what is the issue that the likes of the above who excelled at U20 (Carson aside), but just can't push on with Ulster? It's not like we haven't had a few forwards who looked great at under u20 to go to the academy to disappear.

Why won't Crothers make the cut? is it a size issue? Highly rated captain to nothing with Ulster.
Just my opinion from watching them at schools. Crothers was a good schools player for Wallace but was never convinced he could make the step up. What does he do exceptionally well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.