6 Nations 2023

Stuff from around the world.

Moderator: Moderators

Dharper
Steward

Re: 6 Nations 2023

Post by Dharper »

The entire ire Bench were absolutely superb…..all of them added real energy and drives, denying France the opportunity to come back at us.

Well done to the ire scrum, put a real marker down, and denied France Easy entry and big psychological blow for France. The fr goal line d was good, we could’ve put 45pts on them.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Irish bench were fantastic. Henderson came in at the right time (after Beirne got injured mind you).

Tom o’toole had a starter, fantastic player when he plays like that, but I don’t think he had any scrums, so it suited him.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Attachments
Cabbages.jpg
Cabbages.jpg (151.9 KiB) Viewed 794 times
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Casey / Byrne game management was bloody good last 20.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

France wouldn’t have scored without WB getting in the way.

Very good from Ireland.

Keenan continues to do the bread and butter stuff extremely clinically and is coming up with an increasing number of big moments.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:37 pm.
They need to commission another Mickey Mouse trophy before 3pm tomorrow.

No guarantee they'd win it mind...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Godots bedpan
Novice

Post by Godots bedpan »

Big-al wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:29 pm Irish bench were fantastic. Henderson came in at the right time (after Beirne got injured mind you).

Tom o’toole had a starter, fantastic player when he plays like that, but I don’t think he had any scrums, so it suited him.
Amazing handling from both teams considering TOT came on with 20 to go.
Super win. Ringrose pure class
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Ire remind me of a really good all blacks side.

Superb fitness, excellent defence, unreal handling, devastating strike moves, solid set piece, very good breakdown, real rugby intelligence.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Not bad considering we were missing four starters. Ringrose is giing to have to improve. Too many errors.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Hansen is a very good player but he needs to nail the occasional tackle.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:36 pm Hansen is a very good player but he needs to nail the occasional tackle.
I don’t think he’s very good at all. That’s two weeks in a row he has been 1 v 1 5m out and got smashed. Does he finish enough try’s?

He was at fault for the Penaud try, firstly chip kicking, a risky move, then letting Penaud waltze past him Untouched. If that was Stockdale, we’d be vilifying him. Seems like he missed nearly every tackle down his wing for the 2nd week in a row also. He has an opinion of himself that doesn’t match his ability, surely O’Brien or Stockdale would be worth a run out vs Italy?
Last edited by Big-al on Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Cormac wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:14 pm Great performance off the bench from Tom O’Toole.
How many scrums?
Exterminate all rational thought
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I hate itvx
Got to the tv late Oh yes, of course you can watch the programme from the start, but no fast forward so had to watch from the start of the programme and the 45 mins of useless talk. Then 20 mins into the match, off it goes and on comes 'The Chase.' What a load of junk.

Had to be satisfied with the Scotland v Wales game. We all know how bad Wales are - and they were even worse than last week. Scotland were less bad but we should hammer them with lots to spare.
HammerTime
Warrior Assassin

Post by HammerTime »

Two games in and how many tackles has Ringrose missed? Must be near double figures. Any non-Leinster man would be getting lambasted. Not a peep.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Big-al wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:45 pm
StandUp wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:36 pm Hansen is a very good player but he needs to nail the occasional tackle.
I don’t think he’s very good at all. That’s two weeks in a row he has been 1 v 1 5m out and got smashed. Does he finish enough try’s?

He was at fault for the Penaud try, firstly chip kicking, a risky move, then letting Penaud waltze past him Untouched. If that was Stockdale, we’d be vilifying him. Seems like he missed nearly every tackle down his wing for the 2nd week in a row also. He has an opinion of himself that doesn’t match his ability, surely O’Brien or Stockdale would be worth a run out vs Italy?
He's flakey as hell. He can feck off back to the colonies where he belongs and take his ridiculous antipodean facial hair with him.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall