Ulster v Connacht

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Hans Indaruck
Squire

Re: Ulster v Connacht

Post by Hans Indaruck »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:04 pm
allezlesverres wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:55 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 pm
shamalicious wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:30 pm FWIW, I heard The42.ie clip of Jackman saying it was a "bad crowd", and it seems he meant it in the context of poor numbers in attendance.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Not what I took from it Sham. From a numbers POV apart from some of the hospitality and about 1/5 of the Family stand Ravers was about what 14/ 15k? Not insubstantial. I felt he was alluding more to "the wrong sort".

Just an opinion. Happy to be corrected. I'm just sensitive I guess :flower: :lol:
Also thought he was talking about numbers fwiw
What was the official crowd?- it was hardly Ospreys level empty from 2018...
Was well north of 12k given max capacity is 17.5k odd
Sorry CI but it was nowhere near “well north of 12k” more like might have just scraped 12k!! I dread to think of what your assessment of 6 or 7 inches looks like!! 😱 And yes Jackman was referencing the size of the crowd as he referred to the fact that it was not included in ST holders allocation etc.
Hope is not a strategy.
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

Another aspect of UR that if seems must be kept from publicview. Why? Must know by half time what the official attendance is.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bobbievee wrote:Another aspect of UR that if seems must be kept from publicview. Why? Must know by half time what the official attendance is.
UR go a bit North Korea when unfavorable information is floating around. Just put your head in the sand and the problems will go away.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

I’ve just watched the first half again and it looked to me that the ref’s decisions went slightly Ulster’s way overall. Two big calls in Ulster’s favour were in scrums which could easily have ended in penalties. The big decision against Ulster was missing the forearm clear out on Stu which should have been a penalty and a yellow card.
On that performance Connacht would have troubled any team in the URC, but Ulster made it easy with some awful play by most of the team. Can’t bear to watch the second half.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Sir Ivor wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:29 pm I’ve just watched the first half again and it looked to me that the ref’s decisions went slightly Ulster’s way overall. Two big calls in Ulster’s favour were in scrums which could easily have ended in penalties. The big decision against Ulster was missing the forearm clear out on Stu which should have been a penalty and a yellow card.
On that performance Connacht would have troubled any team in the URC, but Ulster made it easy with some awful play by most of the team. Can’t bear to watch the second half.
And I thought my Friday night in was grim....

Wonder if there are enough Ulster shockers/chokes to watch every Friday night until the new season starts in October and we can experience it live again....from our sofas in some cases.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Hans Indaruck wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:37 pm
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:04 pm
allezlesverres wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:55 am
CIMANFOREVER wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:25 pm
shamalicious wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 6:30 pm FWIW, I heard The42.ie clip of Jackman saying it was a "bad crowd", and it seems he meant it in the context of poor numbers in attendance.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Not what I took from it Sham. From a numbers POV apart from some of the hospitality and about 1/5 of the Family stand Ravers was about what 14/ 15k? Not insubstantial. I felt he was alluding more to "the wrong sort".

Just an opinion. Happy to be corrected. I'm just sensitive I guess :flower: :lol:
Also thought he was talking about numbers fwiw
What was the official crowd?- it was hardly Ospreys level empty from 2018...
Was well north of 12k given max capacity is 17.5k odd
Sorry CI but it was nowhere near “well north of 12k” more like might have just scraped 12k!! I dread to think of what your assessment of 6 or 7 inches looks like!! 😱 And yes Jackman was referencing the size of the crowd as he referred to the fact that it was not included in ST holders allocation etc.
:cheers: so what was it Hans? From where I was it looked well filled apart from hospitality and east side of the family stand as I said. And I had an elevated view.
From an alternative perspective is 12k and above a bad crowd given Leireland regularly get the same to 14 in Oards, boosted only by big games in Aviva? In UK terms most teams bar Leicester would kill for it. Bad crowd my hole- we're in the realms of crowd blaming rather than the shyte served up on the pitch just to get back on message rather than a tangent I'm sorry I started :duh: :lol:
Babies arm btw :elephant: :flower: :D
Last edited by CIMANFOREVER on Fri May 12, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Bart S wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:47 pm
Sir Ivor wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 10:29 pm I’ve just watched the first half again and it looked to me that the ref’s decisions went slightly Ulster’s way overall. Two big calls in Ulster’s favour were in scrums which could easily have ended in penalties. The big decision against Ulster was missing the forearm clear out on Stu which should have been a penalty and a yellow card.
And I thought my Friday night in was grim....

Wonder if there are enough Ulster shockers/chokes to watch every Friday night until the new season starts in October and we can experience it live again....from our sofas in some cases.
I wonder will DFS be having a sale?
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

I see Dublin born, South Cork raised and schooled, ex Connacht player Frank Murphy is the man in the middle for the Leinster Vs Munster game today.

I wonder what mental gymnastics some will come up with to decide who Frank will go hell bent to ensure a certain team wins.

He might also just do his job, that he's paid for and assessed on by an independent referee panel.

Chris Busby announced as one of the 26 match officials at this years World Cup. Ulster will have at least one representative there.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Ulster representation at WC, imo:

All of course depending on injuries and performances in the warm up games:

Stewart at expense of Herring (just a sense)
Balacoune
Henderson
O’Toole

Think Timoney and Treadwell will suffer because of Endofseasonshitshowgate

That would make it 4 out of 33, incredible for a team that finished second but fair on performance?
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Forgot Stockdale, up to 5/33
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

McCloskey, aw just feck it.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Marco wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 8:11 am McCloskey, aw just feck it.
:lol: much drink taken last night?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:I see Dublin born, South Cork raised and schooled, ex Connacht player Frank Murphy is the man in the middle for the Leinster Vs Munster game today.

I wonder what mental gymnastics some will come up with to decide who Frank will go hell bent to ensure a certain team wins.

He might also just do his job, that he's paid for and assessed on by an independent referee panel.

Chris Busby announced as one of the 26 match officials at this years World Cup. Ulster will have at least one representative there.
It all points to him hating Ulster.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

UlsterNo9 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 7:26 am I see Dublin born, South Cork raised and schooled, ex Connacht player Frank Murphy is the man in the middle for the Leinster Vs Munster game today.

Brace and Murphy, both Munster Branch refs and both formerly employed by Munster Rugby, between them have reffed 9 of the last 13 games between Leinster and Munster.
Sir Ivor
Novice

Post by Sir Ivor »

I don’t agree with the view that certain refs hate Ulster. Some are definitely better than others usually they improve with experience - when they are inexperienced 50/50 calls often go to the home side or the big name side. Some of the worst reffing IMHO, was from Adamson some years back but he has improved. Wasn’t Busby the boy who (bravely) disallowed a try for offside when Scarlets second rower charged nearly the length of the field recently?
By the way, I’m more of a reader than a poster (a good reason for that probably) and I hope Justin has not gone for good - he’s certainly one of the best on here.