Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by Neill_M »

Setanta wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:28 pm Good signing; big enough but I understood he was a loosehead.
The very limited data on him on All.Rugby has him as THP. Already have EOS, Kitshoff, Warwick and Reid on the LHP side for next season!

https://all.rugby/player/james-french
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

In that case great.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Meh
Exterminate all rational thought
allezlesverres
Initiate

Post by allezlesverres »

Setanta wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 3:28 pm Good signing; big enough etc
Really? I hope you're right setanta. Looks like a munster cast off to me which doesn't feel inspiring. As a replacement for Jeff it feels pretty grim.

Good luck to him though, hope he proves the turnips wrong.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Not very hopeful at all.

Munster hardly have great front row stocks to choose from, and he was let go. I’d back Graham Rowntree to know a decent front row prospect if he saw one, especially in a tight financial climate. Feels like a let’s tread water til after WC signing. Sounds like a 1 season deal to me.

With his apparent history of centre and backrow play, hopefully he can carry, catch, and heavy tackle.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Setanta wrote:Good signing; big enough but I understood he was a loosehead.
Milo was big enough as well. I hope it works out for him and ulster, but will not get my hopes up.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

We are also supposed to be signing Ben Griffin who is playing in AIL.
We are becoming a pound shop club.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jetstream wrote:We are also supposed to be signing Ben Griffin who is playing in AIL.
50p shop club at best.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Jetstream wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:33 am We are also supposed to be signing Ben Griffin who is playing in AIL.
At least he’s been playing for a good AIL side!

He was on the bench against us for Leinster A this season, if I’m not mistaken.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:
Jetstream wrote:We are also supposed to be signing Ben Griffin who is playing in AIL.
50p shop club at best.
We have no money!

Paying out McFarland isn’t an option. Only hope of him leaving is if another team picks him up.

No Leinster prospect wants to come up North and they have tried to get them. What’s the incentive……gametime potentially? Ireland chance potentially? Scott penny playing one match in the H cup got him an Ireland call up so that changed the game.

Only way things change is if Nucifora changes the way things are done across the board with a draft system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

justinr73 wrote:
Jetstream wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:33 am We are also supposed to be signing Ben Griffin who is playing in AIL.
At least he’s been playing for a good AIL side!

He was on the bench against us for Leinster A this season, if I’m not mistaken.
In fairness, we've often said is there no one better than (Milo and the likes) in the ail. Let's see ...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
RuPi
Initiate

Post by RuPi »

I believe Griffin is only coming in on a pre season deal initially, he is a good prop but needs a seriously tough pre season to get himself conditioned. AIL allows rolling substitutions which suits him.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

At least they have realised that you cannot play rugby without a THP. This was a worry when they carelessly let TMA go.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

kingofthehill wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 10:04 am
Dave wrote:
50p shop club at best.
We have no money!

Paying out McFarland isn’t an option. Only hope of him leaving is if another team picks him up.

No Leinster prospect wants to come up North and they have tried to get them. What’s the incentive……gametime potentially? Ireland chance potentially? Scott penny playing one match in the H cup got him an Ireland call up so that changed the game.

Only way things change is if Nucifora changes the way things are done across the board with a draft system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Having no money is not an excuse. Do what Munster do. Spend until you are in danger of going bust. The IRFU will then give you debt forgiveness and throw you the carrot of a fixture against South Africa or some other country.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Rather than a Munster cast off we have an Academy TH we should be blooding or what's the point?
More dross
Exterminate all rational thought