pre-season friendlies

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Re: pre-season friendlies

Post by Lurgan Lad »

What upgrades are happening, outside of the 3G pitch?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Lurgan Lad wrote:What upgrades are happening, outside of the 3G pitch?
Bigger trophy cabinet?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

,new trap 2?
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

A PA system that is audible throughout the ground .......that announcers don't have to shout into?
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

So Ulster have no pre-season home matches to be played at home, or near home can we assume that season ticket holders will get a refund for at least one match or will we get a free ticket for home match at the later end of the season for quarterfinals or suchlike? :fleg:
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Is Cavan town not Home? Its in Southern Ulster
Exterminate all rational thought
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

cardoc wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:52 am So Ulster have no pre-season home matches to be played at home, or near home can we assume that season ticket holders will get a refund for at least one match or will we get a free ticket for home match at the later end of the season for quarterfinals or suchlike? :fleg:
Eh?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

cardoc wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 7:52 am So Ulster have no pre-season home matches to be played at home, or near home can we assume that season ticket holders will get a refund for at least one match or will we get a free ticket for home match at the later end of the season for quarterfinals or suchlike? :fleg:
Not sure we were ever promised a guaranteed home pre-season match, and not too many season ticket holders I know bother much with them when we do.

I'm not fussed any more than I would bother to turn up for an open training session and that's all this is, just an opposed training session for our more junior players.

Let's be honest, if you missed one at Ravenspan, you wouldn't think you'd missed much.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

I always enjoy the pre-season friendlies, especially if we get to see our new arrivals and any young lads coming through. Might take a wee run down to Cavan for the game there. It'll be a day out and show a bit of support for the people in one of 'our occupied three counties'. :D
Last edited by solidarity on Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans Indaruck
Squire

Post by Hans Indaruck »

Soda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:27 pm
Bewlay Bros wrote:Glasgow in Cavan on October 7th
https://ulster.rugby/content/ulster-rug ... ason-clash
They can shove that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why the negativity? There are folk who travel from Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal (as well as Fermanagh, Tyrone and Derry of course) to Ravenhill to watch Ulster play on a regular basis, so it should be no great hardship to have supporters from greater Belfast, North Down etc. travel a few miles for one match! I for one, think it is a good thing! :fleg:
Hope is not a strategy.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:07 pm
Not sure we were ever promised a guaranteed home pre-season match, and not too many season ticket holders I know bother much with them when we do.

I'm not fussed any more than I would bother to turn up for an open training session and that's all this is, just an opposed training session for our more junior players.

Let's be honest, if you missed one at Ravenspan, you wouldn't think you'd missed much.
Agreed.

I'd go to Cavan for a real match, but as Doc Johnson said, "preseason games are worth seeing but not worth going to see"
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bobbievee
Warrior

Post by Bobbievee »

I wouldn't travel to my front garden to watch a pre season game.And charging non ST holders to get in ( especially kids) is a disgrace
Soda
Novice

Post by Soda »

Hans Indaruck wrote:
Soda wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:27 pm
Bewlay Bros wrote:Glasgow in Cavan on October 7th
https://ulster.rugby/content/ulster-rug ... ason-clash
They can shove that

Why the negativity? There are folk who travel from Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal (as well as Fermanagh, Tyrone and Derry of course) to Ravenhill to watch Ulster play on a regular basis, so it should be no great hardship to have supporters from greater Belfast, North Down etc. travel a few miles for one match! I for one, think it is a good thing! :fleg:
Not driving to Cavan for a meaningless friendly, sorry

Also, didn't we used to get 11 home matches in the league, 3 European matches and TWO friendlies at Ravers?
S'bloody shrinkflation so it is

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If they don’t get the pitch bedded in by end of October it might be one less…

Pre season friendlies aren’t worth the effort I’d sooner watch a local game than anything…
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Ds69
Novice

Post by Ds69 »

Before this was announced I heard they were considering using the athletic grounds in armagh, which would have been great (for me). Personally I think it's a nice idea to have friendlies like this around the province