Injury Update

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Injury Update

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:01 pm
DodgyEverything wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:09 am He wrote a column about it, played from the 25th minute with a torn calf

https://www.rugbyworld.com/featured/joh ... ain-157234
Spoke to Cooney yesterday and he said hed had a couple of set-backs withe the calf over the summer, but expects to be available for the Munster match at home in a couple of weeks.
At half time?

You do know the both of you were miked up, right?
Wasn't listening at half time. I take the weight off my legs with an illegal (according to eventsec) stool.

I was chatting to him briefly in the food village/carpark before kick off.

Sincere apologies for bringing old news. :duh:

BTW, anyone know why David Humphreys wasn't man of the match on sunday like wot he usually is? Did he go off injured?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

Tom O'Toole going for groin operation. Out for a month. Buckley will marmalise us in the scrums. Treads also out and Izzy and Ewers on return to play protocols.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Ffs.

He could have had it in France in September.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

No word on Marty Moore?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:40 pm
justinr73 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 pm
Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:01 pm
DodgyEverything wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:09 am He wrote a column about it, played from the 25th minute with a torn calf

https://www.rugbyworld.com/featured/joh ... ain-157234
Spoke to Cooney yesterday and he said hed had a couple of set-backs withe the calf over the summer, but expects to be available for the Munster match at home in a couple of weeks.
At half time?

You do know the both of you were miked up, right?
Wasn't listening at half time. I take the weight off my legs with an illegal (according to eventsec) stool.

I was chatting to him briefly in the food village/carpark before kick off.

Sincere apologies for bringing old news. :duh:

BTW, anyone know why David Humphreys wasn't man of the match on sunday like wot he usually is? Did he go off injured?
What goes on in trap 2 should remain in trap 2
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jetstream wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:47 pm Tom O'Toole going for groin operation. Out for a month. Buckley will marmalise us in the scrums. Treads also out and Izzy and Ewers on return to play protocols.
This is all so predictable. One front line TH with another out with LT injury- and no significant back up. We didn't learn last year when JTA got us out of jail constantly.
I wonder will IRFU allow us a short term cover signing? Doubt it... Can Wavey Davey help? :flower:
Buckley one of the best THs around, criminally ignored but destroyed our front row last year in the QF and will be loving it. Unbeaten record to end....
Exterminate all rational thought
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

If we escape with a bonus point this weekend I'll be delighted. Connacht have their tails up and playing well, and we don't hold any fear for them anymore.
They murdered us at the breakdown last year and I don't see any improvement in our ability to protect the ball at rucktime. Our backs may pull off a move or 2 but it could be a long night for the pack.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

jean valjean wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:12 pm If we escape with a bonus point this weekend I'll be delighted. Connacht have their tails up and playing well, and we don't hold any fear for them anymore.
They murdered us at the breakdown last year and I don't see any improvement in our ability to protect the ball at rucktime. Our backs may pull off a move or 2 but it could be a long night for the pack.
Agreed
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We’re the last team to win away in Galway.

However, totally counterproductive, and borderline idiocy, of the IRFU not to keep Jeff in Belfast.
Jetstream
Steward

Post by Jetstream »

CIMANFOREVER wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:33 pm
Jetstream wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 5:47 pm Tom O'Toole going for groin operation. Out for a month. Buckley will marmalise us in the scrums. Treads also out and Izzy and Ewers on return to play protocols.
This is all so predictable. One front line TH with another out with LT injury- and no significant back up. We didn't learn last year when JTA got us out of jail constantly.
I wonder will IRFU allow us a short term cover signing? Doubt it... Can Wavey Davey help? :flower:
Buckley one of the best THs around, criminally ignored but destroyed our front row last year in the QF and will be loving it. Unbeaten record to end....
Small correction CIMANFOREVER.. Buckley is loose head but that means of course he will be directly facing McGrath or French. It looks like a game to watch from behind the sofa.
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

Couldn’t understand the decision not to retain JTA as when he got over his initial lack of fitness he proved to be a very effective. Performer. IHe seemed to have settled in well both on and off the field atUlster an the indications seemed to be
That he would be happy to stay. I don’t think that we were paying him mega bucks so it seemed ano brainer
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Agreed.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:37 am
Small correction CIMANFOREVER.. Buckley is loose head but that means of course he will be directly facing McGrath or French. It looks like a game to watch from behind the sofa.
I've done the maths. I am installing a mini-fridge behind my sofa. It will have payed for itself by April.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Does anyone know when Marty Moore returns ? Could it be this week ?
Last edited by Setanta on Tue Nov 07, 2023 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Jetstream wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:37 am
Correct JS, My mistake in terms of my rant about our TH situation. Doesn't change the fact Buckley is the best scrummaging LH in Ireland and one of the best in these Islands. Has been for 10 years. His first outing at Ravers he bested Afoa and had Deccie Fitz under serious pressure too. Face doesn't fit though ©️ DCave