Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Post by justinr73 »

Nice of them to let us win tonight then.

Strange game really.

It was generally comfortable enough but we let them back in out of nowhere before half time and then again with ten to go.
Jetstream
Steward

Re: Ulster v Vodacom Bulls Sunday October 29th 17:00 - Viaplay Sports / BBC Two NI (also iPlayer) / Super Sport

Post by Jetstream »

I thought it was a decent performance. Impressed with McCann. He looked the part. Lineout needs work.
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

All in all the better team, Bulls were poor compared to last week.
If we are talking fast pitch we are goosed with the time Doak gave their defence to get aligned all night.
The rain coming in helped us more than the Bulls.

Take the win and move on, next two weeks of interpro rugby will tell us where we’re at!
SUFTUM
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

A win's a win. Maybe this season could be better than I feared.

I'm a bit worried about young Doak. He has a great boot on him, and sometimes I think he's a cert as an Ireland 9, then he does something really daft.

Is he over-confident, a bit arrogant...?
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

By the way, really nice to see Marcell Coetzee getting a warm welcome from his former mates after the match.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

solidarity wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:37 pm By the way, really nice to see Marcell Coetzee getting a warm welcome from his former mates after the match.
He didn't get one from me. Marcell the Mercenary. At least he went home with just a point rather than a sack full of our money
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Off the Top
Initiate

Post by Off the Top »

Jetstream wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:59 pm I thought it was a decent performance. Impressed with McCann. He looked the part. Lineout needs work.
I agree with this comment.

We had a bad 10 minutes towards the end of the first half - but apart from that, I thought we played pretty well. The handling errors will get sorted out - but we played with a lot of ambition and "almost" flare. The Bulls are a good side!!

I thought the youngsters McCann, Postlewaite, Sheridan and Izzy played really well. But also Hume, Stockdake and Timoney had great games. And full credit to O'Toole for playing the full 80 minutes.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.
So It Is
Initiate

Post by So It Is »

Missed the match. Worth watching on catch up?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not a great game but interesting as some young guys were given a chance to play -- but some are understudies and some are not
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

A bit scrapy at times and things to work on, but a good bit better than last week. Haven't watched the game back yet, but the two big positives watching it for me were Stockdale, who looked like the player of old and McCann, who was exceptional again. Looks like this might be his break out year.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Hume's kicking was excellent yesterday.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

So It Is wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:46 am Missed the match. Worth watching on catch up?
If you do, don't be trying to fix the volume on your device - it really was that silent in the first half. :shock:

Improved a bit in the second half as the crowd were wakened up by the prospect of Bulls actually geting close to saving something from the match.

We'll put it down to first match rustiness, but the crowd last night were absolutely dire for much of it. I reckon most would have made more noise watching it at home on tv, but at the ground it took a lot before they actually started supporting the team.

I'm sure the Bulls went away wondering about the famous Ravenhill Roar they'd heard about.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

big mervyn wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:26 pm Hume's kicking was excellent yesterday.
I may be mistaken, but was it not Jude Postlethwaite who made the monster clearances from our 22 well into their half. One was nearly a 22-22 rather than a 50-22.

Or do you refer to Hume's wee kicks in midfield?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 pm
big mervyn wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:26 pm Hume's kicking was excellent yesterday.
I may be mistaken, but was it not Jude Postlethwaite who made the monster clearances from our 22 well into their half. One was nearly a 22-22 rather than a 50-22.

Or do you refer to Hume's wee kicks in midfield?
I thought the big one in the second half was Hume but I was nearer to where the ball landed than the kicker.
Silence of the Pat Lams
Novice

Post by Silence of the Pat Lams »

They've changed the chippy that was at the top end of the promenade near the family stand. Reconsidering my season ticket now :banghead: