Contract Situation

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Contract Situation

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:18 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:A lot of scores in the modern game come during transitioning from attack to defence, is that entirely the defence coaches fault?

For example when we were counter rucked on Saturday, you're in attack mode, not committing enough men to ruck to secure possession and you get turned over exposing your defence. Is that not the attack coaches fault?

Or Doak forcing play in Saffer land as we we trailing and threw an intercept, not exactly defence coaches fault.

High risk attack exposes your defence.
I love how everyone finds a way to single out Nathan Doak for whatever is being discussed. ImageImageImage
Will you stop going on about Nathan Doak. Sick of it Dave
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

flatpass wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:50 pm Mike Lowry extends contract until 2025. Great news.
I love the reason why he stopped wearing the headguard.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:A lot of scores in the modern game come during transitioning from attack to defence, is that entirely the defence coaches fault?

For example when we were counter rucked on Saturday, you're in attack mode, not committing enough men to ruck to secure possession and you get turned over exposing your defence. Is that not the attack coaches fault?

Or Doak forcing play in Saffer land as we we trailing and threw an intercept, not exactly defence coaches fault.

I love how everyone finds a way to single out Nathan Doak for whatever is being discussed. ImageImageImage
Sure block me then Image

You did bring him up though....
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
flatpass
Novice

Post by flatpass »

justinr73 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:23 pm
flatpass wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:50 pm Mike Lowry extends contract until 2025. Great news.
I love the reason why he stopped wearing the headguard.
:) washing machines!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:39 pm
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Sure block me then Image

You did bring him up though....
You're trying to entice me into another post mentioning Nathan Doak. Won't happen
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
You're trying to entice me into another post mentioning Nathan Doak. Won't happen
I'm sick of you bringing it up. Image
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Anyone know when the squad including Nathan Doak is announced and whether Natan Doak will be on the TV/Radio (delete as required)?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Deraless wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:33 pm Anyone know when the squad including Nathan Doak is announced and whether Natan Doak will be on the TV/Radio (delete as required)?
It’s Doak’s fault that the squad announcement isn’t until tomorrow.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Dave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:05 pm ImageImageImage
:lol:
MightyRearranger
Warrior

Post by MightyRearranger »

Listening to the Bristol v Sale match in the background on the radio and they had Dan McFarland on for an interview at half time. Couple of interesting things in terms of his history and how things were going at Ulster, but they also asked about how he felt about never being on anyone there's radar with respect to the England coaching set-up. They were basically saying that they felt he should be up there and were asking about why he felt that might be and how he felt about it as an Englishman that's been working elsewhere for so long.

He gave a very philosophic answer, but mentioning it here as it's not something I'd even considered before. I've more or less been assuming that Rob Baxter is the heir apparent for the England job, but if that was to not happen for whatever reason I'm not too sure who'd be behind him. Based on the job he's done at Ulster over the last number of seasons, he maybe would deserve to be in the discussion?
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Thanks Mighty good observation and food for thought and maybe worrying when is Dan's contract up? whenever get him signed up to an extension asap

In my humble opinion best Head Coach and honest Head Coach we have had for as long as I can remember. :red: :thumleft:
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

volvo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:09 pm Thanks Mighty good observation and food for thought and maybe worrying when is Dan's contract up? whenever get him signed up to an extension asap

In my humble opinion best Head Coach and honest Head Coach we have had for as long as I can remember. :red: :thumleft:
Dan's current deal is up in summer 2023.
volvo
Novice

Post by volvo »

Thanks Neill, who's in agreement that his contract extension should be a priority as important if not more so than any current player.
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

Neill_M wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:27 pm
volvo wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:09 pm Thanks Mighty good observation and food for thought and maybe worrying when is Dan's contract up? whenever get him signed up to an extension asap

Dan's current deal is up in summer 2023.
I hope Dan doesn’t throw the baby out with the bath water after that defeat and consider one of the offers he’s bound to get from other clubs. I suspect he’s more pragmatic than that but who knows?
He may think he has done all he can here with the squad at his disposal.